Private Skylark

I-129F Package Layout

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they laid our their I-129F petition.

What order did you put everything in?

Did you include an index at the front?

Did you use folders to organise everything?

How many copies did you make of the folder?

Where did each copy go and did it contain exactly the same stuff as each other?

I'm a perfectionist and I'm very very ####### over organisation and presentation. I'm going the US in May and that's when my guy and I are going to fill in all the paper work and start the petition. So everything has to be perfect. I apologise if this seems odd or annoys anyone, I can't help it and really want to know about other people's organisation of their I-129F petition package. If you have any photos or whatever, that'd make me a very happy girl :) If you write down an index as well of the order in which you had your I-129F in, I'd be so happy.

Also, with the I-129F petition package you send off.. Do you ever get it back? I'm going to make sure my guy has a copy of the petition package, I have a copy and that all the original he also has in another folder incase anything needs to be sent off. So that'll be 3 folders of the I-129F petition and 1 folder full of all original documentation that may be required.

Am I going about this all the right way? ^^;

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You will get many varied replys im sure. I bound mine at the top with the acco fastener, dividers with tabs at the bottem. THere was a cover sheet, I made at least 3 copies (one to send to the other before interview>) the order is probably your choice: I had the fee, letter of introduction, 129, 325, birth certificate, letters of intents, divorce papers, then the extra (passports stamps,the recepts, etc whatever you have as your proof, then the pictures. I have no problems and mine went straight thru.

You wont get it back, the application your making now goes on to the interviewer, dont put this application in a folder as such, just be sure its bound together good so nothing will be lost. I also attached the small individual pictures to each 325. Names, dates and locations on the back of each picture. For the other pictures i bought some sheets that the (film) plastic cover allows you to place/remove the pictures you can place on front and back, they cant get lost.

Good luck,

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

I made a cover sheet like the sample here on VJ and put everything in the order listed there. I punched 2 holes at the top (to save time for the person putting it together. Then clipped everything together with one of those big black clips. I also used the little posted notes at the bottom of each section and labeled what was what.

I wouldnt put too many things like folders etc because they will just take it all apart and put it into their own folder. May it as simple for them as you can. I imagine I would get frustrated with a lot of extras that i have to spend time discarding. But also make it clearly organized so that they can see each document you are submitting.

Good Luck!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

You will get many varied replys im sure. I bound mine at the top with the acco fastener, dividers with tabs at the bottem. THere was a cover sheet, I made at least 3 copies (one to send to the other before interview>) the order is probably your choice: I had the fee, letter of introduction, 129, 325, birth certificate, letters of intents, divorce papers, then the extra (passports stamps,the recepts, etc whatever you have as your proof, then the pictures. I have no problems and mine went straight thru.

You wont get it back, the application your making now goes on to the interviewer, dont put this application in a folder as such, just be sure its bound together good so nothing will be lost. I also attached the small individual pictures to each 325. Names, dates and locations on the back of each picture. For the other pictures i bought some sheets that the (film) plastic cover allows you to place/remove the pictures you can place on front and back, they cant get lost.

Good luck,

Ohh, thank you :)

So really it's not sending over a folder as much as making a little pack. Good idea. A folder would be all big a bulky! I'll make a small pack for him and I'll be flying back home with my copy of the pack anyway :)

Would you happen to know the name of the stuff you used for the pictures? I definitely don't want them falling around and don't want them so the person can't remove them if they'd like to.

And thank you for listing the order you put the stuff in as well! I'll probably end up asking a similar question about order for when it's my time to go for the interview over here in the UK! ^_^

I made a cover sheet like the sample here on VJ and put everything in the order listed there. I punched 2 holes at the top (to save time for the person putting it together. Then clipped everything together with one of those big black clips. I also used the little posted notes at the bottom of each section and labeled what was what.

I wouldnt put too many things like folders etc because they will just take it all apart and put it into their own folder. May it as simple for them as you can. I imagine I would get frustrated with a lot of extras that i have to spend time discarding. But also make it clearly organized so that they can see each document you are submitting.

Good Luck!

There's a sample of a cover sheet? Hm, I can't believe I overlooked that! Thanks for letting me know :) I saw the order on the guides, but was just curious if anyone set it out differently.

And yeah, a folder is definitely looking to be a bad idea. I'll probably just keep it small and simple. And good idea about hole-punching it beforehand! I like how you think :D I'll probably use dividers to make a clear separation from each section. But I'm getting the idea that "simple" is the way to go forward with the I-129F petition!

Thank you very much :)

Edited by Private Skylark

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

They definately prefer the acco clips with the two holes at the top of the pages. That makes it easy for them to add pages for any processes they go through.

For photos I used a zip lock bag and scotch taped it on three sides to a piece of copy paper punched at the top. That way they could easily remove any photos they wanted to see.

I did not do a letter of introduction but did do an index page with all the contents listed and in the order they were in the packet.

Edited by Turboguy

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Ohh, thank you :)

So really it's not sending over a folder as much as making a little pack. Good idea. A folder would be all big a bulky! I'll make a small pack for him and I'll be flying back home with my copy of the pack anyway :)

Would you happen to know the name of the stuff you used for the pictures? I definitely don't want them falling around and don't want them so the person can't remove them if they'd like to.

And thank you for listing the order you put the stuff in as well! I'll probably end up asking a similar question about order for when it's my time to go for the interview over here in the UK! ^_^

I put the photos in in a zip lock bag, attached the bag to a sheet of paper with 2 holes punched in on top so it could go in like the other documents. The bag was position so you can open and close it to access the pictures.

BUT I seem to remember someone who did have their peititon returned (maybe for a check or something) and it was already organized by USCIS. I think they have envelopes they put the photos in. Maybe you can do a search to find this posters thread. Seems I remember they posted a photo on VJ of how it looked after USCIS organized it. I wish I could remember the posters name.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they laid our their I-129F petition.

In pretty much the order in the Guides,

Yes - both for them(USCIS), and for my own sanity :wacko: - see sample, Sample Cover Letter

No - multi-page document/forms were stapled, all else paper-clipped together, the entire package clipped together with one of those black 'bear' clips. The entire thing will be taken apart and put into a file anyway so I just made it easy for them to do that - kept it organized, but easy to separate.

Two - one for Karin, one for me.

The main 'original' copy went to USCIS in Ca. (in my case), one went in my important papers box, one went back with Karin.

I'm a perfectionist and I'm very very ####### over organisation and presentation. I'm going the US in May and that's when my guy and I are going to fill in all the paper work and start the petition(that's what we did). So everything has to be perfect. I apologise if this seems odd or annoys anyone, I can't help it and really want to know about other people's organisation of their I-129F petition package. If you have any photos or whatever, that'd make me a very happy girl :) If you write down an index as well of the order in which you had your I-129F in, I'd be so happy.

Also, with the I-129F petition package you send off.. Do you ever get it back? No - that becomes a perminent part of 'his' immegration petition..I'm going to make sure my guy has a copy of the petition package, I have a copy and that all the original he also has in another folder incase anything needs to be sent off. So that'll be 3 folders of the I-129F petition and 1 folder full of all original documentation that may be required (Good idea, he will need originals for the interview - they may/may-not ask for them, but they probably will is the concensus here..like birth certificats (both parties-just in case)..divorce decree - if applicable, etc..).

They definately prefer the acco clips with the two holes at the top of the pages. That makes it easy for them to add pages for any processes they go through.

For photos I used a zip lock bag and scotch taped it on three sides to a piece of copy paper punched at the top. That way they could easily remove any photos they wanted to see.

I did not do a letter of introduction but did do an index page with all the contents listed and in the order they were in the packet.

I had to Google for what acco clips are. I know the type now so I'll be sure we have them when we do this. So do the holes go on the left side of the documents on right at the top of them? =/

I remember the zip lock bags from the airport so I'll be sure to get them and tape it to a piece of paper. (See, I wouldn't have thought of ANY of this if I hadn't asked!)

Thank you :)

I put the photos in in a zip lock bag, attached the bag to a sheet of paper with 2 holes punched in on top so it could go in like the other documents. The bag was position so you can open and close it to access the pictures.

BUT I seem to remember someone who did have their peititon returned (maybe for a check or something) and it was already organized by USCIS. I think they have envelopes they put the photos in. Maybe you can do a search to find this posters thread. Seems I remember they posted a photo on VJ of how it looked after USCIS organized it. I wish I could remember the posters name.

I'm going to go do that search now :)

In pretty much the order in the Guides,

Yes - both for them(USCIS), and for my own sanity :wacko: - see sample, Sample Cover Letter

No - multi-page document/forms were stapled, all else paper-clipped together, the entire package clipped together with one of those black 'bear' clips. The entire thing will be taken apart and put into a file anyway so I just made it easy for them to do that - kept it organized, but easy to separate.

Two - one for Karin, one for me.

The main 'original' copy went to USCIS in Ca. (in my case), one went in my important papers box, one went back with Karin.

I'm a perfectionist and I'm very very ####### over organisation and presentation. I'm going the US in May and that's when my guy and I are going to fill in all the paper work and start the petition(that's what we did). So everything has to be perfect. I apologise if this seems odd or annoys anyone, I can't help it and really want to know about other people's organisation of their I-129F petition package. If you have any photos or whatever, that'd make me a very happy girl :) If you write down an index as well of the order in which you had your I-129F in, I'd be so happy.

Also, with the I-129F petition package you send off.. Do you ever get it back? No - that becomes a perminent part of 'his' immegration petition..I'm going to make sure my guy has a copy of the petition package, I have a copy and that all the original he also has in another folder incase anything needs to be sent off. So that'll be 3 folders of the I-129F petition and 1 folder full of all original documentation that may be required (Good idea, he will need originals for the interview - they may/may-not ask for them, but they probably will is the concensus here..like birth certificats (both parties-just in case)..divorce decree - if applicable, etc..).

Just for clarification - I'm the British person and he's the American. I'm just the hellish organised one who is going to make sure everything is perfect. After all, it's technically MY petition so I want to make sure it's all perfect :)

Thank you for your advice, this is all so helpful :D

Edited by Private Skylark

The organization doesn't matter all that much. USCIS will arrange it the way they want it in their folders. Search for Huskerkiev's posts - he's a former NSC adjudicator and he explains things pretty well.

I used the Acco fasteners, too. Order wise, I followed the guide exactly. I used photo sleeves to put our photos in (clear holders with slots for 4 photos on them - you can get them at an office supply store) and ziploc bags for the passport photos. We didn't get an RFE so I'm guessing what I did was just fine. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

The organization doesn't matter all that much. USCIS will arrange it the way they want it in their folders. Search for Huskerkiev's posts - he's a former NSC adjudicator and he explains things pretty well.

I used the Acco fasteners, too. Order wise, I followed the guide exactly. I used photo sleeves to put our photos in (clear holders with slots for 4 photos on them - you can get them at an office supply store) and ziploc bags for the passport photos. We didn't get an RFE so I'm guessing what I did was just fine. :)

Wonderful, thank you very much :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Holes to the top not side. Also if you use the tab they go to the bottom.

Edited by brnidokiegurl

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Basically, the info I found at the link Yodrak gave was excellent and I followed almost all of it.

I punched the holes in the top too far apart and almost maimed myself trying to fit the Acco fastener into the holes. After cutting myself and bleeding on the check for the fee, I gave up and sent it in without a fastener and clipped the pages together with two binder clips. No problems getting approved.

By the way, I've got 99 acco fasteners I have no use for. Anyone interested?

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

I couldn't find an Acco fastener at our local Staples and wasn't willing to delay sending the petition for a week while they ordered it, so I just binder-clipped the whole thing together. Photos went in a baggie clipped to a sheet of paper, and I followed the order on the guides and topped the whole thing off with a cover sheet.

It came back because I misdated the check. Made out a new check, put the whole thing back in the package with no clips, and re-mailed it. No problems.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.