vponce

Affidavit of Support and Co-sponsoring

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I've looked through quite a few older threads on this and I'm still a bit unsure if I'm going to be alright on the guidelines to file without a co-sponsor. I've honestly seen mixed answers, so I'll just ask myself.

I make $10.50 an hour, however I am getting a raise this coming week to $11.00 hourly. One of my first questions is should I have my boss/account manager write up my employment letter stating my salary at $21,000 or the changing $22,000? We are due to get our NVC case number any day now and I plan to push through all the remaining paperwork I have (as petitioner) as quickly as possible. It might be three more weeks before my paystub reflects the change since I'm payed bi-weekly. However, I've also been working a lot of overtime (50-60 hour weeks) which my paystubs reflect.

Secondly, with the above taken into account I'm still unsure if I will need a co-sponsor. Since I have a household of just me, I make above the poverty line. With my beneficiary added I still make above the 125% poverty line but just (family size 2, $20,025). I have a couple thousand in savings which I'm always growing, and the only asset I have really is a fully paid off car that's insured. It's valued at $2,487 in its current state, if I can even use it as an asset.

The bad, however, is that my W2s in the past three years have not been the best. Last year especially since I spent 6 months abroad on a visitors visa in the UK with my fiancée with no income. I mention this because I've read some threads talking about sending your W2s for the past few years. I've made 125% over the poverty line for a one person household at that those times and came close to 125% over for a two person household.

It will be hard for me to aquire a co-sponsor, so I'd like to know if what I've got now is acceptable or not for the affidavit of support. Thank you all in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong section, I didn't know if this went here or under the Case Filing & Progress Reports sub-section.

Your employer can write all of that in their letter...you current pay rate, your future pay rate and the effective date as well as the intent to keep your OT hours...

You should not need a cosponsor...125% should be enough...Don't worry about the past, it is all about the future.

Good luck- I think you are in good shape.

My K1 Timeline:
01/11/2012.....I-129F Petition sent
01/17/2012.....NOA1
06/28/2012.....NOA2
07/02/2012.....NVC receive
07/06/2012.....Left NVC
07/19/2012.....Consulate receive
07/19/2012.....Packet 3
08/21/2012.....Interview - APPROVED
08/22/2012.....K1 visa issued
08/30/2012.....POE Dallas

My AOS Timeline:
09/26/2012.....Marriage
10/22/2012.....I-485 AOS together with I-131 AP and I-765 EAD application sent
11/06/2012.....NOA I-485/I-131/I-765
12/06/2012.....Biometrics appointment
12/28/2012.....EAD/AP approved
01/07/2013.....Combo Card EAD/AP received

08/09/2013.....Interview - APPROVED

08/17/2013.....Conditional Green Card received

My ROC Timeline:
05/11/2015.....Mailed I-751
05/21/2015.....NOA1

06/15/2015.....Biometrics appointment

11/02/2015.....Green Card APPROVED (no interview)

11/09/2015.....Green Card received

My Naturalization Timeline:

05/16/2016......Mailed N-400

05/21/2016......NOA1

06/07/2016......Biometrics appointment

01/23/2017......Interview - APPROVED

02/14/2017......Oath Ceremony

London does not require a tax return /tax transcript from a K1. And there is no value in providing a transcript that falls short of the mark. Get an employer letter and London will pass you on that if it states you are over the poverty level.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

London does not require a tax return /tax transcript from a K1. And there is no value in providing a transcript that falls short of the mark. Get an employer letter and London will pass you on that if it states you are over the poverty level.

Thank you very much for the information!

Timeline

Your employer can write all of that in their letter...you current pay rate, your future pay rate and the effective date as well as the intent to keep your OT hours...

You should not need a cosponsor...125% should be enough...Don't worry about the past, it is all about the future.

Good luck- I think you are in good shape.

I'll have him do that for me, thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.