Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, MikloGoesLegit said:

Thank you for posting about your experience! I like to know what to expect and this was perfect. I have my oath coming up on May 2nd. Had a question, do they use the photos you sent in with your N400 or the ones from the Biometrics? thanks and congrats on becoming a US citizen and coming to the end of your immigration journey!

Oops now that I read it again, I meant the oath of allegiance and the pledge of allegiance (in my original post). 

They used the photos I sent with the n400 :)

Thank you miklo, you and babyduck are almost there! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
25 minutes ago, javierita said:

Oops now that I read it again, I meant the oath of allegiance and the pledge of allegiance (in my original post). 

They used the photos I sent with the n400 :)

Thank you miklo, you and babyduck are almost there! 

23 minutes ago, javierita said:

Also, be ready to apply for your passport. I go to Canada quite a bit and I didn't think of what it means to give your green card back! No traveling until you have your U.S. Passport.

Thank you! yeah that's the first thing I am doing as soon as I have my certificate. Also update my SS status to citizen, which in Seattle it's the same building as the passport agency. After that I'll register to vote and be done!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
2 hours ago, MikloGoesLegit said:

Thank you! yeah that's the first thing I am doing as soon as I have my certificate. Also update my SS status to citizen, which in Seattle it's the same building as the passport agency. After that I'll register to vote and be done!

Don't forget if you are enrolled in any airline frequent flier programs, you will need to change your name with them in order to book a ticket and earn miles.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just saw in Trackitt today that A guy from Houston just got An interview letter. His PD was May/20/2016. So to complete all of the N400 processes in Houston now will take 1 year and a month. 11 months of waiting to receive interview letter + 1 month to interview + 1 month to Oath. Houston USCIS Is a deadly slow ### Office ever in this Country. My PD was August-23 and I guess I should come back to these N400 topics in September 2017. Good luck to you guys. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bimmerguy said:

I just saw in Trackitt today that A guy from Houston just got An interview letter. His PD was May/20/2016. So to complete all of the N400 processes in Houston now will take 1 year and a month. 11 months of waiting to receive interview letter + 1 month to interview + 1 month to Oath. Houston USCIS Is a deadly slow ### Office ever in this Country. My PD was August-23 and I guess I should come back to these N400 topics in September 2017. Good luck to you guys. 

Wow you're right their offical processing time is 9 months on the website, so I guess a little longer in actuality.  Well you are in a good state of mind and doing right thing, just forget about it until July-ish then check in, the other filers will be panicking and calling every five minutes and wasting time that won't speed anything up, just enjoy summer and keep yourself busy and it will come quick!

Timeline
19 hours ago, ChristianZane said:

Don't forget if you are enrolled in any airline frequent flier programs, you will need to change your name with them in order to book a ticket and earn miles.

Sorry, I didn't get that. Was this a joke? if not, then I am definitely not following. Why would I need to change my name for any FF programs? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, MikloGoesLegit said:

Sorry, I didn't get that. Was this a joke? if not, then I am definitely not following. Why would I need to change my name for any FF programs? 

Oh sorry I thought you had a name change with the Naturalization Certificate.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ChristianZane said:

Oh sorry I thought you had a name change with the Naturalization Certificate.

Oh ok, no that wasn't me. I feel someone else talked about changing their name so I can see why you'd suggest that. Thanks though, I appreciate the advice and it is a good suggestion for anyone reading who has changed their name during the process.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, MikloGoesLegit said:

Oh ok, no that wasn't me. I feel someone else talked about changing their name so I can see why you'd suggest that. Thanks though, I appreciate the advice and it is a good suggestion for anyone reading who has changed their name during the process.

Thanks I have a name change, so I have to change everything with the all the airlines, Social Security, Drivers License, Global Entry, Sentri, Credit Cards, it's sort of a pain but worth it. :o

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/22/2017 at 9:32 AM, MikloGoesLegit said:

Post interview update: 

Last night my oath notice was uploaded to my account online. I have a May 2nd oath at 1:30 pm. Can't believe I am almost done with this! It's definitely a surreal feeling.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. You are closer each passing day!

And thank you to everyone on this thread and all other threads online for posting about your experiences and cases, if I hadn't had this resource I would have had a much more difficult time enduring the months of silence from USCIS. This is an invaluable community, it goes to show how much we can help each other when there's empathy, which comes from being in the same situation as someone else. I will keep posting and trying to help out as much as I can as I have been helped by others thus far.

@MikloGoesLegit my oath is on May 2 at 1:30 pm too! We should try to meet up at the ceremony if possible :). It's funny how our timeline has moved along at a near identical pace!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Kamex009 said:

@ChristianZane  Do you know if at the LA oath ceremony, there are Passport signup booths ?  I don't remember seeing that posted by anyone for it.

I never saw any photos of that, nor did anyone mention it, with 10,000 people being sworn in with both ceremonies I would think that wouldn't be feasible as each applicant needs a bit of time to process a passport.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

My husband's PD is 08/07/2016. FO is San Francisco. His case was delayed by background check. If his background check was clear now. He would need to wait in line from beginning even behind 2017 April filer? or there is other rule to follow?  then when will be his interview date?

Thank you so much for any input!

14 minutes ago, alongwaiter said:

My husband's PD is 08/07/2016. FO is San Francisco. His case was delayed by background check. If his background check was clear now. He would need to wait in line from beginning even behind 2017 April filer? or there is other rule to follow?  then when will be his interview date?

Thank you so much for any input!

it depends, i dont think anyone has any answer. Did you reached L2 officer on BG check status

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.