Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Is there something wrong with the myaccount.uscis.dhs website? I can no longer see my account when I log in. It just takes me to a general page after I put in the pin they email to me.

Lenick found a way for that a while ago, try: https://my.uscis.gov/account/customer

It worked for me :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Lenick found a way for that a while ago, try: https://my.uscis.gov/account/customer

It worked for me :)

I'm sorry. I don't think we are having the same problem, but thanks for your help.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Did anybody with the actual interview status in elis get the notice in mail yet?

Ok. None of you guys are talking to me, but I was finally able to get into my account after the website seemed to have been down for three days and I now have this message:

USCIS has scheduled your interview appointment and will mail you the appointment notice.

Anybody else? Looks like we are moving, guys.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Ok. None of you guys are talking to me, but I was finally able to get into my account after the website seemed to have been down for three days and I now have this message:

USCIS has scheduled your interview appointment and will mail you the appointment notice.

Yeah, most of us are having this message. I hope they will start scheduling interviews soon.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

It's really strange. I'm an August filer here, and spoke with an L2 officer back at the end of October who had confirmed I was "Eligible For Interview" but I didn't get that update...

Should I call them again?

I did see another person who had confirmed that they were in line, didn't get that update, and called them and heard that his file was still "under investigation".

Edited by CCN400

Timeline

Sorry for the double post! Just wanted to ask if anyone else here still hasn't received that interview update... and if they had called an L2 yet to see if they are in line.

I'm sorry. I don't think we are having the same problem, but thanks for your help.

Did you log in and saw My USCIS picture instead of your case info? If so next time when it takes you to https://my.uscis.gov/ in the address line add to https://my.uscis.gov/account/customer AFTER you log in. I actually often have this problem. Disregard my comment if it is irrelevant to your situation.

Edited by Lenchick

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Sorry for the double post! Just wanted to ask if anyone else here still hasn't received that interview update... and if they had called an L2 yet to see if they are in line.

i haven't received an interview update, but I have not (yet) called, but I am thinking about calling later this week (then my case is active for 120 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Palestine
Timeline

My "interview scheduled" update has been there since Oct 31. I called as soon as I saw it a month ago and the tier 2 officer told me my case was in my local office in line for an interview and to call back if it is not scheduled within 30 days. I called again yesterday (a month later) and the officer told me the same thing: in line for interview, and they don't have a timeline for when it might be scheduled. He also said to call back if I don't hear in the next 30 days. I am wondering how long they will keep doing this! He said they're catching up because they received over a million n-400 applications because it's an election year. *sigh*

7/20/2013 Got married!!!

7/30/2013 AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-131, and I-765) sent via UPS

8/1/2013 delivery confimation from UPS, signed for

8/6/2013 E-mail/txt notifications (x4) all forms have been transferred to NBC

8/7/2013 Checks cleared

8/10/2013 Received hard copies of notifications (x4) dated 8/6/2013

8/15/2013 Received biometric appointment notice (Scheduled for 9/5/2013)

8/20/2013 Successful biometric walk-in. Took 1 hour and 15 mins at Raleigh/Durham FO

9/16/2013 E-mail/txt with interview date October 17

9/25/2013 Online status shows EAD/AP have been approved

9/30/2013 E-mail/txt EAD card in production

10/03/2013 E-mail/txt EAD card was sent in the mail

10/05/2013 Received EAD/AP combo card

10/17/2013 Interview-Approved!!!!

10/21/2013 Received "Welcome to the United States of America" letter and approved I-130

10/22/2013 E-mail/txt green card is in "card/document procudtion"

10/25/2013 E-mail/txt green card was mailed with tracking number

10/28/2013 Recieved GREEN CARD! 88 days from delivery of our package to USCIS

I-751 Removal of Conditions

7/16/2015 Package sent to VSC

7/21/2015 Package received

7/23/2015 Check cashed

7/25/2015 Received NOA, dated 7/21/2015

8/13/2015 Received biometrics notice for 8/26/2015

5/21/2016 ROC approved

5/25/2016 Txt/e-mail card in production

5/27/2016 Txt/e-mail card mailed

6/2/2016 Received 10-year green card

Timeline

i haven't received an interview update, but I have not (yet) called, but I am thinking about calling later this week (then my case is active for 120 days)

Let us know the results when you do please! I'm defiantly calling again myself, maybe friday.I've also submitted an online enquiry at the ELIS account.

One of my theories is that this doesn't necessarily mean that backround checks aren't incomplete (why would I be told that I'm eligible for interview if I wasn't) but because some offices are so stuffed (Chicago for eaple) they haven't gotten to putting everyone in line yet.

I answered your original post asking this. We are all getting this experience, and nothing in the mail.

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi all,

I thought I would post this data point...

My spouse had her interview this morning at the San Jose field office. She passed the tests of English and U.S. history and government, and the associated box is checked. However, subsequent to that, the boxes next to "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application." is checked, and she got the "B) [X] A decision cannot yet be made about your application." The interviewer said the reason is because we have no children and only sent in 3 years of tax return transcripts with the N-400 application. The interviewer said that she would hear back within a week, and it's possible nothing further will be needed from our side.

It seems like at best nothing more will be required, and at worst an RFE. She was not given an N-14 at the interview, nor is the box checked.

Since she has an NBC case number instead of IOE, would the case still be updated online on the myUSCIS Check My Case page? We will proactively monitor for changes to the status, but we don't know if it will be updated any further. It still says the "we scheduled an interview..." message.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.