Murf & Reggie

I-751 August 2016 Filers

2,902 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, nightingalejules said:

Your lawyer may have put his office down as the mailing address... weird though that everything else has come to your home. Either way, no worries - you can just pick it up from the office!

I picked up yesterday .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Please share if you experienced delay of on an line inquiry request, appreciate  it. I filed an outside normal processing time request for my 751 on Dec 26th last year, but has never gotten a response, I was supposed to get a response by the 17th this month. Talked to a level 2 officer about that, he said it could take up to 30 days, and he filed another request on my behalf and said I should get a response by the beginning of Feb. Thanks.

Edited by Zombie69

I travelled back to US yesterday and was told "Everytime you travel back with 551 stamp, you have to go through secondary" and spent about 3.5 hours in secondary check before being cleared to enter the US. No additional questions asked, but the whole experience was a tad intimidating as they dont explain the process, dont say how long it will take, just take your passport and tell you to wait and you cannot use your phone. So to wait that long after an extremely long flight in most scenarios, can throw people off the top (Saw a couple people faint in the room).

Not sure if others travelled with 551 recently, similar experience?

Edited by Hansum2

3 hours ago, Hansum2 said:

I travelled back to US yesterday and was told "Everytime you travel back with 551 stamp, you have to go through secondary" and spent about 3.5 hours in secondary check before being cleared to enter the US. No additional questions asked, but the whole experience was a tad intimidating as they dont explain the process, dont say how long it will take, just take your passport and tell you to wait and you cannot use your phone. So to wait that long after an extremely long flight in most scenarios, can throw people off the top (Saw a couple people faint in the room).

That's why I do not travel before getting my 10 years GC. 99% you will go through with no issue but there's always 1% they will turn you down  and make it a nightmare. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kmnm said:

Thanks. Went to InfoPass. They said my file is with NBC now so that's good news. He also hinted to bring my wife to the interview or bring strong documentation. 

Good luck. I would just take whatever the officers tell you with a grain of salt. Only the adjudicators know what is going on. Good luck.

12 hours ago, Hansum2 said:

Yes. I traveled 3 times now with I551. The first 2 times I had I485/I751 pending. Yes there was a 1hr+ secondary hold up both times. The third time I was traveling with both I751 and N400 pending, hold up was 45 mins. They have to let you through, it's just that their systems are not connected properly for info

9 hours ago, 4444510 said:

That's why I do not travel before getting my 10 years GC. 99% you will go through with no issue but there's always 1% they will turn you down  and make it a nightmare. 

Based on what reason they would "turn you down" if you admissible? I've been through countless secondaries and it's just a bit of the wait. Totally worth it compare to putting your life on pause for 1,5 years and not to be able to see your family just because of fear waiting at the secondary. You TRavelling with a valid documents, so unless you commited crimes that would make you inadmissible, you fine. Don't spread a panic please it's totally unnecessary. Life goes on! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Scazy said:

Based on what reason they would "turn you down" if you admissible? I've been through countless secondaries and it's just a bit of the wait. Totally worth it compare to putting your life on pause for 1,5 years and not to be able to see your family just because of fear waiting at the secondary. You TRavelling with a valid documents, so unless you commited crimes that would make you inadmissible, you fine. Don't spread a panic please it's totally unnecessary. Life goes on! 

Amen!

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

Just came back yesterday from Disney Cruise... At the port of entry, the CBP just checked the expired greencard and the stamp. He asked "you have a pending ROC?" Then he took my passport to the back office and came out in less than 2 minutes. It should be fine to travel!

Btw, my greencard was not approved yet.. USCIS sent me a message that said my greencard was approved by mistake. Pissed me off...

Edited by rt1012

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

[08/03/16] Package delivered to USCIS (California Service Center)

[08/05/16] NOA (never received, lost in the mail)

[09/15/16] NOA replacement

[10/07/16] Biometrics (early walk-in on 09/27/16)

[05/07/18] Case transferred to NBC

[06/25/18] Interview was scheduled

[07/30/18] Combo I-751/N-400 interview

[07/30/18] APPROVED AT COMBO I-751/N-400 INTERVIEW

N-400 (Naturalization) with pending I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

[07/31/17] Package sent to USCIS (NBC)

[08/07/17] NOA

[08/31/17] Biometrics

[12/20/17] In line for interview

[06/25/18] Interview was scheduled

[07/30/18] Combo I-751/N-400 interview

[08/31/18] NOID received

[09/07/18] NOID response sent back to USCIS

[10/02/18] In line for oath ceremony

[11/13/18] Oath ceremony was scheduled

[12/10/18] Oath! Finally a US Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
33 minutes ago, rt1012 said:

Just came back yesterday from Disney Cruise... At the port of entry, the CBP just checked the expired greencard and the stamp. He asked "you have a pending ROC?" Then he took my passport to the back office and came out in less than 2 minutes. It should be fine to travel!

Btw, my greencard was not approved yet.. USCIS sent me a message that said my greencard was approved by mistake. Pissed me off...

USCIS is messing with you, that's ridiculous. You have been waiting for a long time. Did you file for naturalization? I am sorry to see you and rest of the CSC applicants waiting that long. 

1 hour ago, Scazy said:

Thankyou, that helps. Next time I will expect a secondary and will likely be a lot calmer :).

20 hours ago, Hansum2 said:

I have traveled 3 times with the stamp and i have never had any problem. Every time have been fast with the officer, they just confirm my address and that's it.

On 1/22/2018 at 3:07 PM, Everything said:

I finally received my 10 years green card last Saturday.

I filed on July 15th.

They received and NoA on August 3rd.

Fingerprint in October 13

Envidence request on early December.

Case approved on January 10

Received greed card on 20 January.

totally processing time is 18 months.

thanks for people in this forum sharing their experiences. I learned a lot.

Hi these RFE's have me a little concerned, what extra evidence did they ask for if you don't mind asking? Also, how common are these RFE's for I-751 anyway. It is a concern to me because by the time USCIS deigns to start reviewing my application (I can see they waited 15 months to send you a RFE that's UNREAL) I might be out for Basic Military training (New to the Marines) and my wife is not very experienced on dealing with the insufferable paperwork and red tape involved in this immigration proceedings. So I want to set everything up for her in case this eventuality (An RFE request) does happen. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.