11 posts in this topic

Hey All;

Well, I am a May 2016 filer, I did my biometrics and still waiting on a response from VSC. Given the time frame is 10 - 12 months, hopefully will get approved in Feb-March 2017.

However, the wifey is acting up lately, she starts saying that she is doing me favors and coming home late at night saying that she is out with friends drinking etc. She was not doing all this before...

So, I am getting little confused with what she is trying to do or will do.

The marriage is already tough and this is getting even tougher...

Do you all think if we do get a divorce (I am 3 months in with sending documents) (she does talk about it too) and reapply with single will cause too many issues ... I mean it will definitely raise a flag but still, it might be better to do it now then later you know...

What are your thoughts or is anyone went through the same thing ?

Thanks for any help.

May 3rd - Send to Lockbox Chicago

May 4th - Signed (Fedex Overnight)

May 12th - RFE (Send back because of incorrect fee)

May 14th - Send to Lockbox Chicago

May 15th - Signed

April 1st - Email notifications received (12:20am)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved form ROC Process to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Any help would be greatly appreciated!.

Thanks again.

May 15th - Signed

Maybe fill in your timeline? Are you adjusting status on a K1 visa? So...you've only been married a few months?

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

I do have 2 year GC already, filed for 10 year GC in May 2016.

I have been married on paper over 3.5 years but on 2 year GC, its for 2 years...

my 2 year GC will be expiring next week, I do have the extension letter already from USCIS.

I have done my biometrics and such already as well.

Thanks for your help!

May 15th - Signed

To get your card "single" with a waiver you have to have a final divorce decree to submit. How many months in will that put you? If you have documentation that you entered the marriage in good faith, then it does not necessarily raise a red flag against you. People get 10 year cards with much shorter marriages than yours. Seems like you have already documented the marriage was legit.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

well, given that the divorce does not take too long (lets say it will take a month or two), It will put me to october and will have 4 months remaining on the decision...

My only concern with that is, if she acts up and if I had an interview or something, and she does not want to go or something, then I am in bad shape you know.

So, I think divorce now will save me more headache then when the time approaches and she does not show up and such.

So, I will try to talk to her and see where her mind is but given that we both choose to divorce, I was just trying to understand my options...

If we do get a divorce, will I be basically sending the same paperwork to USCIS (pictures, w2's , etc etc with I guess with a divorce decree and the reason) right ?

Thanks again!

May 15th - Signed

Filed: Timeline

There often isn't an interview for jointly-filed ROC cases. If she withdraws the ROC, or if there is an interview and if she doesn't want to go, yes, in that case you will have to switch to filing yourself based on divorce. Divorcing right before or during ROC is not ideal because divorce can take many months in many states, and if it takes too long it will cause your ROC based on divorce to be denied, and you put into removal proceedings. Although they will wait for you and allow you to eventually file ROC in removal proceedings when your divorce is complete, it is a hassle.

Filed: Timeline

Hey All;

Well, I am a May 2016 filer, I did my biometrics and still waiting on a response from VSC. Given the time frame is 10 - 12 months, hopefully will get approved in Feb-March 2017.

However, the wifey is acting up lately, she starts saying that she is doing me favors and coming home late at night saying that she is out with friends drinking etc. She was not doing all this before...

So, I am getting little confused with what she is trying to do or will do.

The marriage is already tough and this is getting even tougher...

Do you all think if we do get a divorce (I am 3 months in with sending documents) (she does talk about it too) and reapply with single will cause too many issues ... I mean it will definitely raise a flag but still, it might be better to do it now then later you know...

What are your thoughts or is anyone went through the same thing ?

Thanks for any help.

I'd be confused too if my wife said she was doing me favors. What the heck does that even mean and why is she keeping track? I would probably want to find out a little more about those drinking sessions. Maybe ask her if you could come alone on one or two. People need alone time or separate time but if it becomes too often then you're only roommates.

She is talking about divorce? Not sure what you meant by "she does talk about it too"

Others have given advise on the GC options. Good Luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm honestly confused in why the OP would want to divorce instead of putting effort into the marriage. Is it really that hard to sit down one day and talk things out?

*We met online in a dating site - 2/10/2015

*We met in person at the Laguindingan Airport - 2/11/2016

*We got engaged! 2/19/2016

*I returned Back home - 2/25/2016

*Filed the I-129F petition - 3/11/2016

*USCIS Received my package 3/14/2016
*USCIS I-129F opened the package - 3/17/2016
*I-129F Petition fee paid $340.00 USD - 3/17/2016
*NOA1 Received in mail - 3/21/2016

*RFE Was issued - 6/08/2016

*Replied to RFE - 6/16/2016

*USCIS Started reviewing my RFE reply - 6/20/2016

*I-129F Petition approved - 6/25/2016

*Received NOA2 in the mail 7/1/2016

*Mailed package out to my Fiancee - 7/20/2016

*NVC case number was created - 7/21/2016

*Case in transit to the Consular Section - 7/21/2016

*Case is ready for setting up interview - 7/26/16

*My package was delivered to my Fiancee - 7/27/2016

*Paid $240.00 USD fee 7/29/2016

*My Fiancee traveled to Manila 8/16/2016

*My Fiancee has taken Medical 8/16/2016

*My Fiancee passed the Medical 8/17/2016

*My Fiancee Passed Interview - 8/22/2016

*I have traveled to the Philippines 9/21/2016

*I had to return home 10/05/2016

*My Fiancee arrived in the United States - 10/05/2016

*My Fiancee and I have finally got married - 11/09/2016

When I said " She does talk about it too" , I meant that she always says " I am going to leave you " , " I am going to divorce you " etc. It might be bunch of threats as far as I know.

I am not saying I am the best hubby in the world but I give it all to my wife...

Some people are not just satisfied , I am not sure...

We do talk things out "solotime", , not maybe as much as we used to, but we do. Some people are shut and will do whatever they want to do anyways you know.

But, I do appreciate everyone's time. I will try to work it out for next couple of months. We shall see how it goes.

Thanks again...

May 15th - Signed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.