Durant200

Trump says French and Germans could face 'extreme vetting' before entering US

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Vet them. Vet them all. That includes my fiance. If it makes it tougher to get here then great. I want to be safe in my own country. Build the wall and make it big, tall, deep, and wide. Put one on the northern border too. I want my wife and kids to go to the mall and come home safe without dodging bullets and bombs.

Your fiance has already been vetted and will continue to be vetted all the way until they decide to apply for citizenship. All of us who have immigrant spouses have. How do you think they got here?

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

They want to live in a country that they are safe in . Europe is and will be in the future one big cesspool . They are having a terrorist attack close to once a week .. Five years it could be once a day. ... Women being groped and raped at will ... Just as folks invest in the Dollar ... for security reasons. so it will be wanting to come to America .. for security reasons

Please! And yet Europe doesn't have near the homicide rate of the United States. If united States is so secure, how come it has so many mass killings?

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Timeline

Vet them. Vet them all. That includes my fiance. If it makes it tougher to get here then great. I want to be safe in my own country. Build the wall and make it big, tall, deep, and wide. Put one on the northern border too. I want my wife and kids to go to the mall and come home safe without dodging bullets and bombs.

What about all the American born people who regularly go on killing sprees, and have nothing to do with terrorism? Americans are so willing to sacrifice supposed freedom, in the name of freedom!

June 14, 2013 RFE

Your fiance has already been vetted and will continue to be vetted all the way until they decide to apply for citizenship. All of us who have immigrant spouses have. How do you think they got here?

And why do you think your in laws can pop in for a visit on a passport and mine need a very hard to get tourist visa

Timeline

Yup and if its as easy for everyone else as it has been for us then we have a problem. Do you really think they took the time to take a hard look at her or even my parents when they immigrated here legally? If you do then i have a bridge to sell you on some beach front property in nebraska. Lets be honest. They see what we show them and know what we tell them. Just look at all of the fraudulant marriage and visa posts just here on vj. Make it tougher. Im fine with that even if it effects me personally. I cant seem to find the down side.

Timeline

What about all the American born people who regularly go on killing sprees, and have nothing to do with terrorism? Americans are so willing to sacrifice supposed freedom, in the name of freedom!

So what you are saying is that we shouldnt bother because we already have crazies in our country already? Ummmm...well. Ok. Interesting logic i guess.

Timeline

So what you are saying is that we shouldnt bother because we already have crazies in our country already? Ummmm...well. Ok. Interesting logic i guess.

So you support gun control then?

June 14, 2013 RFE

And why do you think your in laws can pop in for a visit on a passport and mine need a very hard to get tourist visa

You assume a lot NB.

Yup and if its as easy for everyone else as it has been for us then we have a problem. Do you really think they took the time to take a hard look at her or even my parents when they immigrated here legally? If you do then i have a bridge to sell you on some beach front property in nebraska. Lets be honest. They see what we show them and know what we tell them. Just look at all of the fraudulant marriage and visa posts just here on vj. Make it tougher. Im fine with that even if it effects me personally. I cant seem to find the down side.

It's not easy for everyone. Everyone has their own challenges and issues with this immigration system. Define easy? Everyone is vetted and background checked in the same exact way. Sometimes there is even longer checks with AP.. for years. So yes, I do believe they take a hard look at immigrants coming in. The failure of the SB attackers coming in on a K1 was the first of it's kind since the program was instituted, and is largely a reflection of what was going on with fast-track CSC. So how hard is a hard look to you? How long seems too easy vs too hard and thorough? How long is long enough of a wait? Who are you to judge if they aren't looking at her hard enough based on the processes they have in place? Fraudulent marriages happen even between two normal citizens and there is no statistical data to know how many are immigration based. Fraudulent marriages are also not the majority basis of those entering the country illegally (not being vetted in the first place). Yes they do see what we show and tell them, and they also have ways to determine if that information is false. You could be vetted up a tree and back again and still be a con artist fraudster. You might be squeaky clean but still intend to get married for a green card. It is also a misconception that the length of time to wait in this process has anything to do with the vetting process as well.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

Timeline

You see a direct correlation? There is an amandment that says that a non regulated immigration policy is necessary to the security of a free state? Did i miss that part in school?

We currently have gun control. Not to the extent that some would like but its regulated nonetheless. You must be 18. You must not have a restraining order against. You cant be an illegal alien. On and on it goes and i didnt even mention the background check or touch on NFA items.

I can see where you are trying to go but its a major reach. I could come back at you with...so you think we shouldnt have a driving test because there are already bad drivers on the roads?

Timeline

Hows $500 for that bridge sound to you? Who am i to judge? Im one of the guys that had to go get shot at to protect this country. I think ive earn a little bit of a right to decide who it is we are risking our lives for. I think ive earned the right to have at least some assurance that my wife and kids will be safe while im over there. Maybe you think im wrong. Again just another one of your constitutuional rights that i hope everyone is grateful for.

You said its not easy for everyone. Whats your definition of not easy? How long is too long to wait? Yes some will still get through the process with even the most evil of intentions regardless of the process. So do we just throw up our hands and so oh well?

So wheres the line? What are you willing to give up for ease of processing? Your life? The life of your wife and kids? My life? Im sorry but im not willing to give up any of that just to make it "easy" for the good people. Im not wiling to allow a few really bad ones in so that we can allow the majority of good ones in. In the end someone pays with everything they have. Im not ok with that at all. Maybe you are.

Hows $500 for that bridge sound to you? Who am i to judge? Im one of the guys that had to go get shot at to protect this country. I think ive earn a little bit of a right to decide who it is we are risking our lives for. I think ive earned the right to have at least some assurance that my wife and kids will be safe while im over there. Maybe you think im wrong. Again just another one of your constitutuional rights that i hope everyone is grateful for.

You said its not easy for everyone. Whats your definition of not easy? How long is too long to wait? Yes some will still get through the process with even the most evil of intentions regardless of the process. So do we just throw up our hands and so oh well?

So wheres the line? What are you willing to give up for ease of processing? Your life? The life of your wife and kids? My life? Im sorry but im not willing to give up any of that just to make it "easy" for the good people. Im not wiling to allow a few really bad ones in so that we can allow the majority of good ones in. In the end someone pays with everything they have. Im not ok with that at all. Maybe you are.

Good post . As I asked the other poster. Why do you think your in laws in the PI have to undergo an extensive application process for a tourist visa, that is very hard to get, just to visit here? However someone who has in laws in Britan can come visit on a whim with just a passport.

There is already different standards for entry into our country based on Region. But God forbid we should deny entry to someone from a radical Islamic region, until they are thourly vetted.

Again, the perceived ease of it, has nothing to do with how well your spouse will be vetted or how well anyone else's spouse is vetted compared to yours from any other country. Your process will be easier and faster than even our process went, and vetting will have nothing to do with that. Imagine the number of applications from the Philippines that just flew right on by, got their visa within a few months and already married (there was one that was approved within days), while tons of others from the ''easy'' countries just sat still endlessly waiting.

I gave up nothing for ease of processing except for many sleepless nights without my loved one, time, money, and a great deal of other things. So does everyone. But none of it has to do with being vetted. To give my life for my husband? What wife wouldn't give her life for her husband, if she loved them, just as my husband would (and has given up a great amount of things in his life to come to America). 15 minutes or so is all an officer roughly gets at the USCIS to trudge through your paperwork (and that's after the 'vetting'). Would it be nice if they had longer? Of course, but it still has nothing to do with vetting. The vetting will keep happening on a continual basis until completion.

There are many things that need to be fixed with all aspects of immigration, but none of these aspects are being talked about by politicians. It's sound bytes to get likes and votes. Nothing more. When he talks about French and Germans let's be honest.. we know exactly the who in these countries he's talking about. It's easy to see through doublespeak pandering. He's not just talking about Muslims in Muslim countries, or refugees going to other countries, he's talking about anyone that's ethnically Muslim of any country, whether they be natural born or otherwise. So what vetting would be suggested to be done than what is already done already? He's not talking about vetting, he's talking about a de facto ban and trying to spin it pretty. That's not going to stop violence within our country already by it's own citizens or our interestingly enough, homegrown terrorist groups.

Strange enough though, how is it your philosophy on immigrants isn't applied to guns though? After a supposed 'thorough background check and vetting' with numerous laws and supposed restrictions, one could obtain a whole stash of weapons so long as they had enough time and money. But yet, year after year, so many are murdered at the hands of both legal and illegally obtained guns. The majority of our mass shooters were all legally obtained and passed the 'thorough background vetting'. But we as Americans, are supposed to shrug and sigh and say that's okay, so long as majority are the good owners, the bad apples getting through is just what happens.. oh well.

Timeline

Again, the perceived ease of it, has nothing to do with how well your spouse will be vetted or how well anyone else's spouse is vetted compared to yours from any other country. Your process will be easier and faster than even our process went, and vetting will have nothing to do with that. Imagine the number of applications from the Philippines that just flew right on by, got their visa within a few months and already married (there was one that was approved within days), while tons of others from the ''easy'' countries just sat still endlessly waiting.

I believe you just made my point for me. Waiting isnt the same as vetting. All applicants ahould be vetted just as i was when i received my security clearance imo. They talked to my family members, classmates, neighbors, former employers and coworkers amongst others. So with that said do you really think your husband was vetted? I think not.

I gave up nothing for ease of processing except for many sleepless nights without my loved one, time, money, and a great deal of other things. So does everyone. But none of it has to do with being vetted. To give my life for my husband? What wife wouldn't give her life for her husband, if she loved them, just as my husband would (and has given up a great amount of things in his life to come to America). 15 minutes or so is all an officer roughly gets at the USCIS to trudge through your paperwork (and that's after the 'vetting'). Would it be nice if they had longer? Of course, but it still has nothing to do with vetting. The vetting will keep happening on a continual basis until completion.

You need to go back and read my post. I didnt ask what you gave up. I asked what are you willing to give up im order to allow everyone to immigrate here unchecked beyond what they are doing now. Are you saying you would voluntarily allow your family to be slaughtered by the next radical islamist that just wants his fair share of virgins? Are you really saying that? Like you said yourself, you gave up nothing. Imagine giving up everything as many already have.

There are many things that need to be fixed with all aspects of immigration, but none of these aspects are being talked about by politicians. It's sound bytes to get likes and votes. Nothing more. When he talks about French and Germans let's be honest.. we know exactly the who in these countries he's talking about. It's easy to see through doublespeak pandering. He's not just talking about Muslims in Muslim countries, or refugees going to other countries, he's talking about anyone that's ethnically Muslim of any country, whether they be natural born or otherwise. So what vetting would be suggested to be done than what is already done already? He's not talking about vetting, he's talking about a de facto ban and trying to spin it pretty. That's not going to stop violence within our country already by it's own citizens or our interestingly enough, homegrown terrorist groups.

It would appear you are incorrect. This entire thread is about a politician talking about the very thing you said they arent talking about. Hes talking about cracking down on immigration from countries that arent cracking down on their own immigration. Makes sense to me. Remove them from the visa waiver program until they can get their stuff together. Im all for it.

Strange enough though, how is it your philosophy on immigrants isn't applied to guns though? After a supposed 'thorough background check and vetting' with numerous laws and supposed restrictions, one could obtain a whole stash of weapons so long as they had enough time and money. But yet, year after year, so many are murdered at the hands of both legal and illegally obtained guns. The majority of our mass shooters were all legally obtained and passed the 'thorough background vetting'. But we as Americans, are supposed to shrug and sigh and say that's okay, so long as majority are the good owners, the bad apples getting through is just what happens.. oh well.

Ah yes another (im assuming) liberal that thinks they know about gun laws. This is my backyard and its fun to play in. Im a lifetime nra member and an executive in the firearms industry. Lets play. How many guns have you purchased? What process did you go through to purchase it? If you havent then on what experience are you basing this on? Again you make my points for me. You dont like the current background checks unless it benefits you. Ok for immigration purposes but not for gun purchases. After all its only easy for some but not for others so the system must be good enough....your words.

Men far greater than me, you (no offense), and your husband.....and just about anyone you ever have or ever will meat made sure that firearms will forever be allowed to be owned by american citizens. Not because they wanted us to shoot targets and hunt but so that we have the power to protect ourselves...yes even you....from our own government when that governement no longer represents us. No other object is made mention anywhere in the constitution in that regard. Do you think it was important to them? Did they mention anything about immigration at all? For that purpose alone i will say one has no bearing on the other. In fact i would say that comparing the two not only hurts hurts your argument but rather solidifies my own.

And lastly i will point out that dui deaths each year is higher than firearm homicides. Vehicular deaths overall are higher annually than firearm related deaths. We havent done a single thing other than prohibition and raising the drinking age to curb dui deaths and absolutely nothing to curb vehicular deaths. How many of those cars were purchased legally? How much of the booze was purchased legally? None of which is a constitutional right.

Bad people do bad things and ususally to good people. Why in the world would you oppose keeping the bad people away from your loved ones?

Btw. Good debate. Im enjoying your insight. You make me think and thats always a good thing. ?