20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys wanna ask some question about the nvc. because my petition was approved 129f last may 27, 2016 and its been 8 weeks now and i still no case number i tried calling them everyday. they said is not in the system yet. ive tried to email them with my approved notice to nvc researh. still no reply.

is there someone experiencing this kind of situation??

please help! thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hey, there was actually a lot of people experiencing this including myself.

Although my NOA2 was June 8th, I am also still waiting it will be 6 weeks this Wednesday. Someone with the same noa2 date as you also is experiencing the same thing.

Others with noa2 dates the same as mine or very close to mine or even way after mine have been received but I am still waiting. I plan on calling again today because a lot of people called late at night Friday with similar noa2 dates as me who were waiting and they were received by NVC.

Have you tried calling USCIS ? Have they told you a specific date they sent out the petition? I tried multiple times and tier 2 officer never called me back so I have no clue if they even sent it or not or when. Good luck this is super frustrating I know :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Hey, there was actually a lot of people experiencing this including myself.

Although my NOA2 was June 8th, I am also still waiting it will be 6 weeks this Wednesday. Someone with the same noa2 date as you also is experiencing the same thing.

Others with noa2 dates the same as mine or very close to mine or even way after mine have been received but I am still waiting. I plan on calling again today because a lot of people called late at night Friday with similar noa2 dates as me who were waiting and they were received by NVC.

Have you tried calling USCIS ? Have they told you a specific date they sent out the petition? I tried multiple times and tier 2 officer never called me back so I have no clue if they even sent it or not or when. Good luck this is super frustrating I know :(

Timeline

thank you for replying. yes i tried to contact uscis and talked to immigration officer. they said there gonna look for my case and contact me on july 22., this is really stressing me!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi guys wanna ask some question about the nvc. because my petition was approved 129f last may 27, 2016 and its been 8 weeks now and i still no case number i tried calling them everyday. they said is not in the system yet. ive tried to email them with my approved notice to nvc researh. still no reply.

is there someone experiencing this kind of situation??

please help! thank you

Same boat here. NOA2 was May 31 and still no NVC case, they say it hasn't been received. I sent them copy of the NOA2 last Friday as requested, but no reply to that either other than the automatic "we received the email" reply. I know there a few other VJ people out here waiting for NVC case numbers also so don't feel you are alone.

K-1 Petition - California Service Center

Sent by FedEx: Feb 9 2016

Received at CSC: Feb 10 2016

NOA1: Feb 12 2016

Approved/NOA2: May 31 2016

NOA1 TO NOA2: 111 Days

NVC Received: July 26, 2016

NOA2 TO NVC: 56 Days

NVC Case #: July 27, 2016

NVC Processing: 3 Business Days

NVC To Consulate: July 29, 2016

Consulate Received: Aug 1, 2016

Consulate Ready: Aug 5, 2016

Interview: Sep 19, 2016

(Visa Approved!)

POE: Oct 17, 2016

Wedding: Dec 22, 2016

Filed for AOS: May 5, 2017

Timeline

USCIS was no help to me tier 2 officer hasn't called me back it's been over a week. All I got was an email instead saying I inquired about my case and it stated that "we sent you an approval notice in the mail and all further inquiries go to NVC"

I got on the phone with a nice agent from NVC earlier today and she told me it shouldn't take that long for an I-129f petition and she would email her supervisor and advised me to send a copy of my approval notice to nvcresearch@state.gov as well which I did today. Going to call 11:30pm now to see if it's there but I'm feeling not so hopeful

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

try to email to asknvc@state.gov

I called the NVC and they said they will get back to me but never did but I got an email reply with my case number.

Hope you can get your case number soon!

Good Luck!!!

Edited by yutekao

05/23/2019 I-751 Package Sent Through Fedex

05/24/2019 Packet Delivered to USCIS (Lewisville, TX)

05/31/2019 NOA 1 Received

09/20/2019 Case Status Updated To "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

09/27/2019 I-797C Hard Copy Received (Letter said no biometric appointment is needed)

11/08/2019 Biometrics Appointment Letter Received (11/19)

Timeline

Finally got through today with a Tier-2 USCIS supervisor which took my case number, names, DOBs, etc. She took all the details and emailed CSC (where my case was approved), requesting a follow-up and the case be sent to NVC. The supervisor was nice and concerned, told me I should receive notification from CSS within 15 days via USPS. I plan to keep on checking with NVC on a daily basis though. Fingers crossed.

Edited by MandyAlex

(Visa Approved!)

Timeline

Finally got through today with a Tier-2 USCIS supervisor which took my case number, names, DOBs, etc. She took all the details and emailed CSC (where my case was approved), requesting a follow-up and the case be sent to NVC. The supervisor was nice and concerned, told me I should receive notification from CSS within 15 days via USPS. I plan to keep on checking with NVC on a daily basis though. Fingers crossed.

That's good news, looks like a step in the right direction. Idk why I never get through to a tier 2 they never call me back... And the tier 1 always has problems wanting to connect me to a tier 2. I'll try doing that today and try my luck again. Hopefully your petition gets there ASAP your wait has been very long. Good luck! Let us know of any updates

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

To everyone who isn't having successful talks with a tier 2, try to email them at csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov. Again, could depend on who responds, but it will give them more time to find the information requested.

USCIS
4/29/2016 Mailed I-129F
5/16/2016 NOA1
/6/1/2016 Expedite request
6/2/2016 Supporting documentation requested
6/6/2016 Supporting documentation faxed
6/13/2016 Expedite approved
6/14/2016 I-129F approved (via case status, no NOA2)
6/23/2016 NOA2 hardcopy
7/6/2016 Called USCIS, sent approved petition July 1, 2016

NVC
7/8/2016 NVC Received
7/12/2016 Case number and IIN assigned
7/13/2016 Left NVC

Consulate
7/15/2016 Case ready at embassy(wouldn't schedule appointment as package hasn't arrived)
7/18/2016 Case arrived embassy
7/19/2016 Sent packet 3
7/19/2016 Received packet 3
7/20/2016 Sent packet 3 again, first time wasn't good enough
7/20/2016 Received packet 4
8/2/2016 Medical
8//3/2016 Interview APPROVED
9/8/2016 POE JFK

Timeline

To everyone who isn't having successful talks with a tier 2, try to email them at csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov. Again, could depend on who responds, but it will give them more time to find the information requested.

Thanks for the tip! Going to email them now!

Timeline

wow thats good news!! i dont wheres my case. damn!! whos that tier 2??? is that the immigration officer.???

Timeline

wow thats good news!! i dont wheres my case. damn!! whos that tier 2??? is that the immigration officer.???

Tier-2 is a USCIS supervisor, or a step up from customer service agent. After your case is out of normal processing time, (6 weeks for NVC case number, for example), you contact a Tier-2 to escalate your case and request a research. What's your NOA2 nitemjay321? Edited by MandyAlex

(Visa Approved!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.