hopeful 4 XMas

Tourist Visa, from Philippines little $$ in bank account but has Land title

9 posts in this topic

looking for input, especially from those who have gotten a tourist visa from Philippines.

I know I asked similar questions before, but looking for more input on country specific, hoping the title will bring more input.

My Mother in-law really does not have much money in her bank account but has a land, she is retired, she manages a boarding house for house and we are going to pay for her flights for payment for managing our boarding house for us. She ahs a land title, which she earns money from the rice production, she also watches my sister in-laws children during the day, sister in-law is a school teacher and goes to school at night working on her masers degree. Mother in-law would only be coming here for a couple of months to see her new newest granddaughter and visit with daughter.

Can anyone with experience in getting a tourist visa from the the consulate in Manila give advice as to what their experiences were like?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

looking for input, especially from those who have gotten a tourist visa from Philippines.

I know I asked similar questions before, but looking for more input on country specific, hoping the title will bring more input.

My Mother in-law really does not have much money in her bank account but has a land, she is retired, she manages a boarding house for house and we are going to pay for her flights for payment for managing our boarding house for us. She ahs a land title, which she earns money from the rice production, she also watches my sister in-laws children during the day, sister in-law is a school teacher and goes to school at night working on her masers degree. Mother in-law would only be coming here for a couple of months to see her new newest granddaughter and visit with daughter.

Can anyone with experience in getting a tourist visa from the the consulate in Manila give advice as to what their experiences were like?

Based on my experience, when I applied for my mother for a tourist visa , they approved her and gave her 10 year multiple without asking for any documents. Usually, as far as I know they are lenient on senior citizens . When she fills an application online she will declare that she has relatives here and will already do background checking prior to interview date. In the application she will mention the address where she is going to live, who will pay for her flight and the purpose of her trip. Just make her prepare for whatever document, title , proof she has in case they asked. But in most cases, on the day of the interview , the embassy already have decision whether they will approve or not based on their background check. So just let her apply and wish for the best. Again, this input is based on my experience.

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better, because my MIL has no intention of stay more than a couple of months, don't know if mentioned it before but she is 65 and has five children residing in Philippines with the latest grand child born there in last April, she now has five grand children in living in Philippines as well., it has been hard to just to convince to come for a visit. Especially to a state like Ohio vs warm states, we get snow and it can be cold for several months. we promised her if it is too could we would not go anywhere and we will buy her some warm clothes. Lol

MIL has a land title, and such and a letter of invite from us, I do not know if it will help her, but we put down my name vs my wife's as to who she will stay with and visit. We did this because if they run my name and location, they will see I work for the USG and clean background. I have wrote a letter for her and used my work signature with USG email address listed as well. I figure what the heck it cannot hurt.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Each case is different,My Mother in Law has applied twice now and been denied both times, no real reason given, she applied for 3 month visit first time and 3 weeks the second time. She was told this last time she needs an official invite letter, but we have not seen a copy of the letter yet, she took a photo of it.

Good luck!!

i Googled Official Invite Letter and there plenty of examples out there, I can type one up, print it, sign it and scan it and email it over to her. That's not a big deal, as far as i know anyone can officially invite someone to come over. Whether the consulate will accept i guess is a good guess. I already typed up a letter I will sign, scan and email over. shoot as far as that goes i will see if i can locate someone here going over on vacation and ask them to drop off the original one.

Timeline

Good luck with it, We also sent official invite letters as well stating her itinerary and that we would take care of all her travel expenses, she talked with other people at the embassy that also were applying for tourist visas, most told her you have to apply 4 times before get approved. But then some people get approved the first time, no rhyme or reason.

It is not based on the how many times an applicant applies or having invintation letter.

It is based on the applican showing the CO they will return to their country and not remain in the US.

Needing an invitation letter is a myth.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

Myth or not it is what the interviewing officer told her that she needed the next time she applies,i cannot make the letter out clearly as the photo is to small in facebook, but looks like an attorney drew it up, very fancy letter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Can she not email you a high res version?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.