ajames79

What kind of music do all you people like???

39 posts in this topic

Curious.

having a glass of wine and listening to some tunes.

Music is a huge part of me and Chris. I'd say that is really how we met.

But we do have some differences on some bands.

What do you listen to? And do your loves like the same??

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I like a bit of everything.

However, me and the mr. me are rebels I guess and we like our punk rock :lol:

Music is a BIG part of our lives *looks at the guitars across the living room* !

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

*glances into the guest room full of 2 drums kits and a million snares*

us too!

Name a Band!

*AS a christmas song some how makes it into my iTunes list*

I think the wine is kicking in!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Gary and i have totally different music tastes. He's very into techno, or dance music, he does like rap and rock music as well. U2 is his fav band tho.

Me, well i like mainly country music lol I do listen to some rock and easy listening too, must be my age :lol::blush:

Edited by garyandmarylou

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Gary and i have totally different music tastes. He's very into techno, or dance music, he does like rap and rock music as well. U2 is his fav band tho.

Me, well i like mainly country music lol I do listen to some rock and easy listening too, must be my age :lol::blush:

That is quite different.

How about road trips?? What do you listen to???

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I come from a very musically inclined family, worked in radio myself, and had my own modern rock show (punk, metal, alternative)

The husband and I are most definitly rockers at heart, he is more of a metal head though, and I am more of a punk. I got to see Dead Kennedy's on their last tour as a VIP guest *brag* :P I've been a fan of Alkaline Trio since I was 19, got to see them in the states and in the UK and since I met my husband he's turned me onto Machine Head and Slayer. :) \m/{o_o}\m/

I-130 Filed - Sept. 15, 2006

129-F Filed - Oct. 27, 2006

I-130/129F Approved - Jan. 10, 2007

K3/K4 Visas Approved - May 4, 2007

~~~~Hubby and Son PoE Newark - May 27, 2007~~~~

EAD filed for Hubby - June 6, 2007

EAD NOA for Hubby - June 13, 2007

AoS filed for Hubby and Son - June 15, 2007

EAD for Hubby APPROVED! WOW!!!!!! - July 19, 2007

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

10 Year Green Cards Received!!!! - October 12, 2007

Done until naturalization!

m_7dc3c15c2e1d0eafb3d8770777862202.gif

I come from a very musically inclined family, worked in radio myself, and had my own modern rock show (punk, metal, alternative)

The husband and I are most definitly rockers at heart, he is more of a metal head though, and I am more of a punk. I got to see Dead Kennedy's on their last tour as a VIP guest *brag* :P I've been a fan of Alkaline Trio since I was 19, got to see them in the states and in the UK and since I met my husband he's turned me onto Machine Head and Slayer. :) \m/{o_o}\m/

ha haa Slayer.

My Chris is a metal boy. With lots of other influences!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

That is quite different.

How about road trips?? What do you listen to???

We both like Robbie Williams and James Blunt so we listen to them as well as Keith Urban and sometimes just scan the local stations.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

I guess out of the two of us I'm more inclined to like metal than him BUT that being said, I like some more poppier stuff than he.

But we fight over cd's all the time, and sing and play music together all the time :D

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Filed: Other Timeline

We're pretty eclectic. Wes is more 'up' on the newer stuff - I'm hopelessly out of touch.

Punk or metal doesn't do it for either of us. He loves blues music. I like opera - for just listening I prefer operatic symphonies without the words. I guess because of our ages, we are also a bit stuck on the good stuff from the 70s and 80s.

We compiled a CD for our wedding ceremony and the reception. It had some traditional irish music, and some new stuff from the Chieftains. I walked down the aisle to 'Londonderry Aire' (Danny Boy) - no words with solo on Uileean pipes. Very lovely.

As far as the newer stuff, we had Fleetwood Mac (White Rabbit, Tusk, and The Chain), Etta James (At Last), Joss Stone (Sleep Like a Child), Bobby Darrin (Mack the Knife), and The Beatles (Here Comes the Sun).

And just for weirdness and because my son was the Field Commander of his high school marching band, we had three marching tunes (White Rabbit, The Best of Times, and Hey Baby).

Adam and I are pretty close on what we listen to-- I'm slightly more varied than he is typically but it's all normally around the indie/alternative/rock/emo genres for the main parts. Theres a few bands we totally see eye to eye on (We're both nuts about Feeder, we've scheduled a flight or two on occasion to visit each other so we can catch a few gigs together, and together we own the largest collection of their memorabilia in the US-- We only know one or two people in the UK whos collection rivals ours too... it's become quite the hobby for us both when we have some extra cash!), and a few we're not so much in common on (Biffy Clyro, who I love to death, he only likes a song or two; Linkin Park he quite likes but I haven't listened to them in ages), but the tastes are close enough that we don't mind tagging along to concerts to appease the other in the event that there isn't a band playing that one likes and the other doesn't. He's being a doll and tagging along with me to see Biffy Clyro at the warped tour this summer, twice. :)

I have a little more of a metal & punk side to me than he does (was big into them when I was younger), and he tends to like some of the more popular rock that I don't like, but yeah, overall, we're music buddies. I don't think we'd be as close as we are if we didn't share that, because music's pretty big in both of our lives.

I do have him to thank for turning me into a lot of (if not the majority) of bands I am into now-- I seem to be very drawn to (typically mostly unknown) UK bands. Which normally doesn't work out so hot regarding US tours. It's actually one of the reasons I wish I was moving there instead from time to time.

Edited by jezebelseven
UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

We're pretty eclectic. Wes is more 'up' on the newer stuff - I'm hopelessly out of touch.

Punk or metal doesn't do it for either of us. He loves blues music. I like opera - for just listening I prefer operatic symphonies without the words. I guess because of our ages, we are also a bit stuck on the good stuff from the 70s and 80s.

We compiled a CD for our wedding ceremony and the reception. It had some traditional irish music, and some new stuff from the Chieftains. I walked down the aisle to 'Londonderry Aire' (Danny Boy) - no words with solo on Uileean pipes. Very lovely.

As far as the newer stuff, we had Fleetwood Mac (White Rabbit, Tusk, and The Chain), Etta James (At Last), Joss Stone (Sleep Like a Child), Bobby Darrin (Mack the Knife), and The Beatles (Here Comes the Sun).

And just for weirdness and because my son was the Field Commander of his high school marching band, we had three marching tunes (White Rabbit, The Best of Times, and Hey Baby).

All good music my dear!

I was rasied with everything from Bluegrass to Opera so there is something from every type of music I can appreciate. not into rap, hip hop or all that much country. I'd prefer the old country to the new poppy stuff!

Played the sax and the piano for years (don't much anymore) so anything classical.

I am a huge Joni Mitchell fan due to my mom.

I can sing every single word to Les Miserables....since I was about 12.

And....I have Slayer on my iTunes. Decided ages ago that I didn't need TV...(I am a big reader too) so to fill that empty space I've got tons of music. But I always have had tons!

Adam and I are pretty close on what we listen to-- I'm slightly more varied than he is typically but it's all normally around the indie/alternative/rock/emo genres for the main parts. Theres a few bands we totally see eye to eye on (We're both nuts about Feeder, we've scheduled a flight or two on occasion to visit each other so we can catch a few gigs together, and together we own the largest collection of their memorabilia in the US-- We only know one or two people in the UK whos collection rivals ours too... it's become quite the hobby for us both when we have some extra cash!), and a few we're not so much in common on (Biffy Clyro, who I love to death, he only likes a song or two; Linkin Park he quite likes but I haven't listened to them in ages), but the tastes are close enough that we don't mind tagging along to concerts to appease the other in the event that there isn't a band playing that one likes and the other doesn't. He's being a doll and tagging along with me to see Biffy Clyro at the warped tour this summer, twice. :)

I have a little more of a metal & punk side to me than he does (was big into them when I was younger), and he tends to like some of the more popular rock that I don't like, but yeah, overall, we're music buddies. I don't think we'd be as close as we are if we didn't share that, because music's pretty big in both of our lives.

I do have him to thank for turning me into a lot of (if not the majority) of bands I am into now-- I seem to be very drawn to (typically mostly unknown) UK bands. Which normally doesn't work out so hot regarding US tours. It's actually one of the reasons I wish I was moving there instead from time to time.

There are a few bands that really are the reason Chris and I started talking. Porcupine Tree and Blackfield! I think both are considered Progressive

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

OMG - I'm sitting here looking at the music on my PC, and in my CD Case..

Black Eyed Peas, Lenny Kravitz, Eminem, Kelly Clarkson, Rascall Flatts, Willie Nelson, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Crazy Frog, Cueshe, Matchbox20, Boston Pops, Chants of Monks, NickelBack, Pink Floyd, Rod Stewart, Tina Turner, Janis Joplin....

And the list goes on and on.. I guess I like everything.. (oops, NO DISCO)

If it's going to be, it's up to me!

LoveLine (aka Timeline)

January 2005 - Met Annie online

February 13th 2006 - Met in Real - WOW!! Ikaw maganda!

February 14th 2006 - Proved I was really serious, proposed to Annie - She said "Yes"

February 2006 - January 2007 - Both working, saving, planning. Continuously chasing Annie online, on phone...

January 22, 2007 - February 4th, 2007 - Together again in Philippines, working on paperwork, visiting family.

February 27th 2007 - I-129F Mailed to Nebraska

March 6th - NOA1 Received.

May 23rd - NOA2, Received Approval Email

June 14th - Receive letter from NVC, packet on the way to Manila Embassy

July 30th - Annie receives packet from Embassy, appointment scheduled for September.

August 29th - Annie survives Blood Draw, Injections, and successfully completes Medical at St. Lukes.

September 13th - Annie is a huge success at the Embassy, SHE IS APPROVED!

September 20th - Visa in Hand, tickets purchased..

December 18th - Jumped on Airplane, Philippines for Christmas and New Year's.

December 27th - CFO Seminar Succesfully Completed

January 8th - Jumped on Airplane to USA together, Seattle POE, arrived home to Kansas.

March 14, 2008 - Married

May 19, 2008 - AOS NOA1 Recieved, Biometrics scheduled for June 18.

Black Eyed Peas, Lenny Kravitz, Eminem, Kelly Clarkson, Rascall Flatts, Willie Nelson, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Crazy Frog, Cueshe, Matchbox20, Boston Pops, Chants of Monks, NickelBack, Pink Floyd, Rod Stewart, Tina Turner, Janis Joplin....

NO Disco??? For shame!

nah...not a disco kinda gal either!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

NO Disco??? For shame!

nah...not a disco kinda gal either!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.