Khmer317

NVC APPROVAL MARCH 08, 2016 - STILL WAITING ON INTERVIEW DATE

47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Case complete to interview in Cambodia anywhere from 5 months to 8 months. Our case was completed in Feb 27,2013 interview was in Sept 27,2013. I think now a days it's taking 5/6 months.

Anyway looks like you got married on your first physical visit. That's a big red flag in Cambodia. Cambodia is a high visa fraud country and one of the toughest to get approved. Lot of people gets denied everyday. Used to be very high percentage of denial but got better lately. Anyway the number one reason for denial at this embassy is getting married or engaged on first actual physical visit. I witnessed many interviews personally and unfortunately most of them denial over the years. Most of them were denied because of that reason. After few questions when they ask you how many times you visited before you got married and the answer is the first visit, they will ask and ask and harass you on that one question like interrogate you. Keep ask you how can you get married to someone with just one visit? Doesn't matter how many times more you visited later. Doesn't matter you know each other for years online.So you have to really prepare to answer this question. Bring every evidence you can imagine to interview. Copy of your passport with visa stamps of every visits. You must attend interview as well. It's a complete different story at this embassy unlike other embassies. But you did visit few more times might compensate that issue. Also another red flag at this embassy is introduced by family member. I know a lot of people failed the interview because of this reason. Somehow they look at it as a red flag at this embassy. Looks like you have to overcome this as well. I don't know if you have any other red flag but I see two major red flags. Try to bring everything you can to interview and attend interview as well. I personally dealt with this embassy for about 4 years and met many people and witnessed many interviews personally inside the embassy. It's unlike all other embassies. They treat(Interrogate) you like a criminal. Failing rate at interview is very high. One of the toughest if not the toughest to pass. Be prepared to face anything that comes your way. If you have any other red flags you need to prepare to answer those as well. Good luck to you.

Timeline

I am sure you will be fine. Only a few more months to go! June is almost over :)

I know your case was completed in the beginning of the year. Did you send in your 2015 taxes to NVC? If not, I would suggest having an updated I-864 showing 2015 income along with the 2015 tax docs.

My case was submitted in 11/2015 so I only had my 2014 tax return, but my 2015 is with all my backup I will bring to the interview. Wow this is so frustrating!! I am on the Cambodian Embassy website which shows all the interview schedules and there are already 8/30 interviews. There are cases with last digit ending after mine. I don't understand why later cases are getting priority over me!!!! :(

Timeline

Case complete to interview in Cambodia anywhere from 5 months to 8 months. Our case was completed in Feb 27,2013 interview was in Sept 27,2013. I think now a days it's taking 5/6 months.

Anyway looks like you got married on your first physical visit. That's a big red flag in Cambodia. Cambodia is a high visa fraud country and one of the toughest to get approved. Lot of people gets denied everyday. Used to be very high percentage of denial but got better lately. Anyway the number one reason for denial at this embassy is getting married or engaged on first actual physical visit. I witnessed many interviews personally and unfortunately most of them denial over the years. Most of them were denied because of that reason. After few questions when they ask you how many times you visited before you got married and the answer is the first visit, they will ask and ask and harass you on that one question like interrogate you. Keep ask you how can you get married to someone with just one visit? Doesn't matter how many times more you visited later. Doesn't matter you know each other for years online.So you have to really prepare to answer this question. Bring every evidence you can imagine to interview. Copy of your passport with visa stamps of every visits. You must attend interview as well. It's a complete different story at this embassy unlike other embassies. But you did visit few more times might compensate that issue. Also another red flag at this embassy is introduced by family member. I know a lot of people failed the interview because of this reason. Somehow they look at it as a red flag at this embassy. Looks like you have to overcome this as well. I don't know if you have any other red flag but I see two major red flags. Try to bring everything you can to interview and attend interview as well. I personally dealt with this embassy for about 4 years and met many people and witnessed many interviews personally inside the embassy. It's unlike all other embassies. They treat(Interrogate) you like a criminal. Failing rate at interview is very high. One of the toughest if not the toughest to pass. Be prepared to face anything that comes your way. If you have any other red flags you need to prepare to answer those as well. Good luck to you.

So even it I've been studying full-time and working full-time to support my way through college the still don't understand? I have never been married but just because you have never met someone in person but still talk to them does not mean they can't be your soul mate. Also I have never been married before and this is my first and final marriage to my spouse who I love dearly.

Timeline

This embassy interviewing 25/30 people a day for many years. Many people have similar stories just like yours. I don't know if you heard any horror stories from this embassy in the past where 9 put of 10 people used to get denied visa. My wife(then fiancé) was one of them back in 2011 even though I had better and more evidence then 99% of people post here including many international travel with my wife together. They don't care about your or mine personal story or history. If they focus on something then they will focus on it. They pre approve or deny way before interview based on my observation. But you do your best with what you have. You did visit her 2 more times that's a plus and never married before another plus. Just remember to bring everything but kitchen sink. This embassy got little better in approving visa lately

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My case was submitted in 11/2015 so I only had my 2014 tax return, but my 2015 is with all my backup I will bring to the interview. Wow this is so frustrating!! I am on the Cambodian Embassy website which shows all the interview schedules and there are already 8/30 interviews. There are cases with last digit ending after mine. I don't understand why later cases are getting priority over me!!!! :(

Don't worry your time will eventually come. Those people might have requested an expedited interview because of an emergency.

Timeline

It doesn't go by case number. It goes by whose case was completed first. The numbers you are seeing could be different case such as K-1 or another. Don't worry. They never put one ahead of others. I know for fact. Went through this process twice and followed all of these religiously. Kept track of others. Mine took like 8 months. Your turn will come

Timeline

It doesn't go by case number. It goes by whose case was completed first. The numbers you are seeing could be different case such as K-1 or another. Don't worry. They never put one ahead of others. I know for fact. Went through this process twice and followed all of these religiously. Kept track of others. Mine took like 8 months. Your turn will come

Thanks a lot brother. After your first post I've already contacted my wife about those 2 red flags and we will do our best to prepare for those questions. As you mentioned before it's Cambodian custom to do things this way. To be introduced to a good girl and family you must have someone trust worthy to have introduce us. And also just because you marry someone on first initial visit, the amount of time used to plan the wedding was extensive. My uncle and aunt from Australia came, my aunt's in Vietnam came along with all of her friends and relatives she knew. We have books and books of messages, video chats, payment for all the minutes I buy every few days to call her because sometimes the free calling reception is bad. The most important thing is to have the emotional and mental connection, after being with her physically it's one of the most wonderful feeling anyone who has found their soul mate can have. I recently turned 31 a few days ago and my wife is 24. Before we didn't think about marriage because I was busy focusing on my education working my butt off to pay for it. Having her to talk with throughout that time really helped a lot, just didn't have the means to go see her. If the want to deny me based on that I will only come back stronger. Anyways I look forward to your contact brother.

Timeline

Did you send the evidence of your relatives coming from all over the world? The day of the interview they normally don't even look at what you bring. They don't have time. The more you send initially they prepare for interviewer before the interview. Anyway bring as much as you can. You can go back to Cambodian members here and find many members similar to you. Many of them were denied, some fought back and won some gave up. I can give you list of people to look at. Once I get home I will give you the list but you can look at yourself as well and read their story.

Anyway I never thought my wife would be denied first time around because there was nothing to worry about. We were real couple. I didn't know Cambodia is a black listed country. I was so wrong and had a rude awakening after getting denied. Then I regrouped and fought back with everything I had and did everything humanly possible to bring my wife. I finally won. You will succeed if you really love her.

Timeline

Did you send the evidence of your relatives coming from all over the world? The day of the interview they normally don't even look at what you bring. They don't have time. The more you send initially they prepare for interviewer before the interview. Anyway bring as much as you can. You can go back to Cambodian members here and find many members similar to you. Many of them were denied, some fought back and won some gave up. I can give you list of people to look at. Once I get home I will give you the list but you can look at yourself as well and read their story.

Anyway I never thought my wife would be denied first time around because there was nothing to worry about. We were real couple. I didn't know Cambodia is a black listed country. I was so wrong and had a rude awakening after getting denied. Then I regrouped and fought back with everything I had and did everything humanly possible to bring my wife. I finally won. You will succeed if you really love her.

Yeah everything was included in my package for my case with photos and etc.

Timeline

I am sure you will be fine. Only a few more months to go! June is almost over :)

I know your case was completed in the beginning of the year. Did you send in your 2015 taxes to NVC? If not, I would suggest having an updated I-864 showing 2015 income along with the 2015 tax docs.

Where can I do this?

Timeline

Did you send your finacial docs, I-864 and tax docs to the NVC earlier in the year?

All docs were submitted to nvc 11/2015 and case was approved before I finished my 2015 tax return.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have seen where persons that submitted their tax documents to NVC 2014,2013 and 2012 and got case complete. However their interview was after the tax season April 2016 and the interviewer ask for and updated I-864 showing 2015 tax earnings as well as the 2015 tax return. I am not sure if a specific consulate ask for an updated tax docs or its a general rule for all consulate. So I was suggesting having an updated one i-864 along with the 2015 tax documents just to be on the safe side. If you want you should post that question on VJ and see what others have to say :thumbs:

Timeline

When my case was completed back in February of 2013, I didn't submit 2012 tax returns because I didn't finish yet since it wasn't due yet. I did submit copies of W-2's plus tax records of 2011,,2010 and 2009. I was told by NVC to bring my 2012 tax return record to the embassy whenever they schedule the interview because it will be due by then. They also said another I-864 is not needed just 2012 tax return copy. Interview was Sept 27 and they had a note on my wife's file that I was bringing 2012 tax returns and when they were collecting additional documents and originals, that's the first thing they asked for.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.