Khmer317

NVC APPROVAL MARCH 08, 2016 - STILL WAITING ON INTERVIEW DATE

47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am looking for advice as to how long normal interview scheduling wait time with Cambodia once NVC approves your case. My case was approved last week for February but did not receive the letter from NVC until March 08, 2016. Letter states interviews are scheduled within 60 days and I am now 4 months in waiting for an interview time. Anyone have experience as to how long it took for NVC to schedule an interview with Cambodia? All advice is much appreciated and I miss my wife so much!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

From looking at the Cambodia stats, for everyone that has interviewed in the past its usually 6 months wait from case complete to interview date.

Here is a link: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Cambodia&dfile=No&op1=&op2=&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=

Edited by MrsBurgz

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi! So i received an email from the NVC saying we were approved for interview to please allow 60 days. After one week of getting the email we received another email with our interview date! This is for juarez Mx But im just kinda letting you know your could be as quick as our was! Good luck!

Timeline

:time:

When you fill in your timeline it help others in the future :thumbs:

Hi! So i received an email from the NVC saying we were approved for interview to please allow 60 days. After one week of getting the email we received another email with our interview date! This is for juarez Mx But im just kinda letting you know your could be as quick as our was! Good luck!

Every country is different. OP can't go by your country's stats.

Timeline

Must be a quicker turn around time for Mexico than Cambodia.

Timeline

I have another concern that maybe I can have some guidance on. I am not sure if the CO will ask my wife this at the interview which I plan on being there. My wife and I got introduced to each other back in 2009 because one of my aunt's from overseas went to marry her son where my wife lives. My wife joined the wedding to help and my aunt saw her and asked for her and her family to take a picture with my aunt. After returning home my aunt sent the picture over to my parents for them to see and ask if I would be interested. Unfortunately during that time I was working my way through college, working a lot and taking classes at night so no time to really think about marriage. I did talk her off and on throughout my college life but we have no record of the conversation because it was through an old nokia cell phone I had with purchased calling cards. It wasn't until 2014 when we really thought about marriage, I had finished college with a great job. This part of our conversations was documented with skype, fb chats, and video calls. In January 2015 was when I met her in person for our wedding, we were at the capital city with our family and took some photos of me giving her and engagement ring, the following week was our 2 day traditional wedding ceremony. My parents were there along with my parents sisters from Vietnam and uncle from Australia. My wife had many of her relatives and family join our wedding around 700 people all together. The whole thing last for 3 weeks and after the wedding we had to travel back to capital city to complete documents to bring to the states.

I went back to Cambodia late April-May to finish our wedding document with her village. After that we traveled through Cambodia with my mom, her parents, her brother, and sister. This was the best time of my life seeing Cambodia like this. In April my company I worked for got bought out and I lost my position, only took me 2 weeks to find another job but I would not have any vacation time till 2016. 2016 I will only have 2 weeks of vacation and I had to beg them for another week with no pay which they approved to go see my wife and join her for the interview.

Any thoughts on if the CO will look at my case and see I've only visited her 3 times through all this time. I have spent so much on calling plans to call her, pages and pages of sms conversations and video chats every single day.

Timeline

I have another concern that maybe I can have some guidance on. I am not sure if the CO will ask my wife this at the interview which I plan on being there. My wife and I got introduced to each other back in 2009 because one of my aunt's from overseas went to marry her son where my wife lives. My wife joined the wedding to help and my aunt saw her and asked for her and her family to take a picture with my aunt. After returning home my aunt sent the picture over to my parents for them to see and ask if I would be interested. Unfortunately during that time I was working my way through college, working a lot and taking classes at night so no time to really think about marriage. I did talk her off and on throughout my college life but we have no record of the conversation because it was through an old nokia cell phone I had with purchased calling cards. It wasn't until 2014 when we really thought about marriage, I had finished college with a great job. This part of our conversations was documented with skype, fb chats, and video calls. In January 2015 was when I met her in person for our wedding, we were at the capital city with our family and took some photos of me giving her and engagement ring, the following week was our 2 day traditional wedding ceremony. My parents were there along with my parents sisters from Vietnam and uncle from Australia. My wife had many of her relatives and family join our wedding around 700 people all together. The whole thing last for 3 weeks and after the wedding we had to travel back to capital city to complete documents to bring to the states.

I went back to Cambodia late April-May to finish our wedding document with her village. After that we traveled through Cambodia with my mom, her parents, her brother, and sister. This was the best time of my life seeing Cambodia like this. In April my company I worked for got bought out and I lost my position, only took me 2 weeks to find another job but I would not have any vacation time till 2016. 2016 I will only have 2 weeks of vacation and I had to beg them for another week with no pay which they approved to go see my wife and join her for the interview.

Any thoughts on if the CO will look at my case and see I've only visited her 3 times through all this time. I have spent so much on calling plans to call her, pages and pages of sms conversations and video chats every single day.

I don't see it being a problem but, I am not a CO. Not everyone can afford to see their spouse regularly. Just bring all those evidence to her interview. Good luck.

Timeline

Did you sent anything to usembassycambodia yet if you did do you have the php case number then can check on useembassycambodia website

No the cases are held at NVC and are only sent to Cambodia when an interview is scheduled. I contacted the Embassy in Cambodia and they do not have a record of my case yet. So all I can do now is wait, hope, and pray to get an interview soon.

I don't see it being a problem but, I am not a CO. Not everyone can afford to see their spouse regularly. Just bring all those evidence to her interview. Good luck.

Thank you for the reply, definitely confident about our case just nervous because it's such a long process.

Timeline

Im not sure about the cr paper work someone correct me if im wrong dont you have to send a package call something like ds 260 for my k1 visa i did a ds 160

I did the CR1, our cases are a little different.

Timeline

Im not sure about the cr paper work someone correct me if im wrong dont you have to send a package call something like ds 260 for my k1 visa i did a ds 160

No, OP is doing a spousal visa CR1/IR1. Its a completely different process than the K-1 visa process. Right now the OP has to wait for the email or call for the interview for his wife. The DS-260 is the online application to apply for the visa.

Timeline

No the cases are held at NVC and are only sent to Cambodia when an interview is scheduled. I contacted the Embassy in Cambodia and they do not have a record of my case yet. So all I can do now is wait, hope, and pray to get an interview soon.

Thank you for the reply, definitely confident about our case just nervous because it's such a long process.

I am sure you will be fine. Only a few more months to go! June is almost over :)

I know your case was completed in the beginning of the year. Did you send in your 2015 taxes to NVC? If not, I would suggest having an updated I-864 showing 2015 income along with the 2015 tax docs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.