royallcannon

London to USA

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I am in the US, I recieved my fiances NOA2 last week.

Feeling overloaded with information on what to do next, I forgot the email notification form so I'll have to call the NVC for a case number. But after that? I don't know what fees to pay, seems like I get 5 different answers on every site I go to.

How to schedule the medical with knightsbridge doctors?

How to schedule his interview?

What online forms to fill out?

Panicking :( our petition expires in September I don't want to wait around for mail it's stressing me out.

He wants to come see me one last time end of July for my birthday, but not if we're going to miss important mail with instructions on how to pay, which forms to fill out, how to schedule so on..don't have time to delay the process.

Can someone please help me with some bullet points on what I need to do before the interview? I've compiled all forms he needs from me, ready to mail to him.

Thank you guys...I know we've all been in a state of panic at least once.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from Off Topic to UK country forum for country specific answers *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

All your instructions for the London part are provided by the London consulate https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/ Bookmark it.

Don't overlook the links in the sidebar which can contain useful information as well. If he wants to visit you, he can delay scheduling anything until after he returns. You actually have a year if you need it. If your petition expires before the interview, it just means you the USC needs to write a new letter of intent saying you are free to marry and intend to marry....etc. he takes it to his interview and all is well. That easy.

Medical booking is not a long wait to get in. He needs to know the LND number to make the appointment. He needs his police certificate and record of immunizations at the exam. Best to sort those NOW. Really important to get all shots needed for AOS before he goes to the medical exam so he can be signed off as complete. . Will save some money and hassle later

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I am in the US, I recieved my fiances NOA2 last week.

Feeling overloaded with information on what to do next, I forgot the email notification form so I'll have to call the NVC for a case number. But after that? I don't know what fees to pay, seems like I get 5 different answers on every site I go to.

How to schedule the medical with knightsbridge doctors?

How to schedule his interview?

What online forms to fill out?

Panicking :( our petition expires in September I don't want to wait around for mail it's stressing me out.

He wants to come see me one last time end of July for my birthday, but not if we're going to miss important mail with instructions on how to pay, which forms to fill out, how to schedule so on..don't have time to delay the process.

Can someone please help me with some bullet points on what I need to do before the interview? I've compiled all forms he needs from me, ready to mail to him.

Thank you guys...I know we've all been in a state of panic at least once.

Hi there,

First take a deep breath, and relax. You'll be together soon now!

NOA2 is the first step. I can't tell you when your case will be at the NVC. You can use my timeline for a rough estimate of course, but keep in mind that sometimes the USCIS service center your case is at can be slow in sending it out (just because they say they sent it means little). The next typical step is for the NVC to send the US citizen a notice letting them know the case is being sent to London. However, I can tell you to actually not expect such a letter. NVC is notorious for either never sending them, sending them weeks or months after the fact, or maybe going hyper and sending a couple of duplicates a week. ;) To be proactive, you may call the NVC at 603-334-0700. This is not toll free however, and can be very difficult to get through. You can call as much as you'd like or can afford however, even if they tell you to wait 30 days (it won't be 30 days).

Things your fiancé can do now: Is their birth certificate in order (long form)? Is their passport up to date and in good order? Do they have a record of vaccinations received as a child? Have they applied for their police certificate yet? These are all things that should be done.

In addition they are going to need some shots. To make this more affordable and less fuss, they can go to their GP or Boots and obtain them for cheaper or free (tell them it is for travel and immigration purposes). Some shots like MMR is a two dose which need some weeks in-between. Make sure they receive records and print outs of every shot (with the date) they get as evidence. Typically the UK citizen will receive a letter (packet 3) telling them that their case is at the embassy and they are ready for them. That's the point you can make the medical appointment, though keep in mind some never receive packet 3, and can certainly even make the appointment early (if they already know the case is at the embassy and the status says 'ready' in the database). The medical is in London. It's pretty pricey, and each shot you get there is also pricey (that's why you get it ahead of time). At the end of it, they will give your fiancé a DS-3025. Make sure it is 2 pages. DO NOT LEAVE THE BUILDING until they are ABSOLUTELY SURE the doctor has filled out the vaccination list correctly. Safeguard this document and bring it with them to the USA, they will need it later on.

The UK citizen will also have to complete a DS-160 and a notification of readiness (e-form). Then you can make the embassy appointment. You used to have to wait for a letter (packet 4) which also might go missing... but they changed things this year and now you can make your own appointment. You make the appointment and then pay for the visa. Prices will vary based on the exchange rate. The £ is tanking against the $.

Attending the appointment is usually a painless process. I don't know if a July visit is prudent, considering I don't know how much your fiancé has left to do... just keep in mind once the case gets to London you may proceed and things go pretty fast from there.

Here is the UK specific guide. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide-do-not-post-questions-in-thread/ Keep in mind some of it is out of date, especially regarding making your own appointment for the embassy but there is still some helpful info. For the official guide, take a look here: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm so thankful for this forum. It's not like you guys get paid to help others. I really feel the love.

Thank you all for your time and help, it's priceless.

Is there a list somewhere about ALL the immunizations he definitely needs for AOS. I have I copy of his medical records and he does as well.

I'm so thankful for this forum. It's not like you guys get paid to help others. I really feel the love.

Thank you all for your time and help, it's priceless.

Is there a list somewhere about ALL the immunizations he definitely needs for AOS. I have I copy of his medical records and he does as well.

*MMR (a second dose if you only had one as a baby)

Mumps/Measles/Rubella

*Td or Tdap (or DT or DTP or DtaP) -One no longer than 10 years ago, ie.have a booster. Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis. P is not Polio.

*Varicella (or marked waived if you had chickenpox)

*Influenza (Only during flu season Oct 1 to Mar 31)

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Hi all,

First time posting after finally joining after much lurking and scouring for help as we kicked off our visa journey.

Just following on from the posts above around required vaccinations, I ave been struggling to get some of these. Specifically: Pneumococcal; Pertussis (Ive had TDP and just trying to get clarity if it is safe to get the TDaP) and Rotovirus. GP won't/can't prescribe them and having to go to a private clinic. Even MMR which I never had as a kid, I need to go private. Anyone had similar experiences?

In regards to Influenza, if you are having the medical outwith Oct-Mar does it get waived liked Varicella or will they insist on giving it you at Knightsbridge?

Thanks

Hi all,

First time posting after finally joining after much lurking and scouring for help as we kicked off our visa journey.

Just following on from the posts above around required vaccinations, I ave been struggling to get some of these. Specifically: Pneumococcal; Pertussis (Ive had TDP and just trying to get clarity if it is safe to get the TDaP) and Rotovirus. GP won't/can't prescribe them and having to go to a private clinic. Even MMR which I never had as a kid, I need to go private. Anyone had similar experiences?

In regards to Influenza, if you are having the medical outwith Oct-Mar does it get waived liked Varicella or will they insist on giving it you at Knightsbridge?

Thanks

Pneumococcal- not on adult list except 65 yrs old

Rotovirus- not on adult list

Influenza- no shot after Mar 31 until next October. Not required. Waived means the requirement is dropped.

Tetanus Diptheria Pertussis- if you have had pertussis dose once in your life then Td is sufficient as the "within the last 10 years" booster. If you had it since 2006, then you are covered because 10 yrs haven't passed. It is safe to have a second dose of pertussis. USA does it-- teens and also grandparents who may be around babies as a precaution to the baby.

You can get shots at a travel clinic, Boots, any grocery store that gives shots, or at Knightsbridge.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.