ExPatty

Orlando terror attack worst mass shooting in US history

339 posts in this topic

No way! Americans nor a Christian American would ever celebrate such a tragedy.

"The fundamentalist Christian pastor of an Arizona church is being condemned after he celebrated the deaths of 49 people at an LGBT nightclub in Orlando in a hate-filled rant posted on YouTube.

Just hours after Americans worst mass shooting came to an end, Steven Anderson, pastor at Faithful Word Baptist Church in suburban Phoenix, unleashed a sickening tirade in which he said the victims deserved to die.

The good news is that theres 50 less pedophiles in this world, because, you know, these homosexuals are a bunch of disgusting perverts and pedophiles, Anderson said in the video. Thats who was a victim here, are a bunch of just disgusting homosexuals at a gay bar, OK?

Functionally, they are all the same. You can even share mags between models of the same caliber. Like a 19 magazine in a 26 etc.

Bullets are different, yes? They should allow people to carry self defense guns with small bullets and a slow shot per second.

I'm not a gun expert, giving my opinion off of what I've seen and used. Bigger bullet more damage. Bigger gun most damage. A tank? It's war time.

1 million dollars donated. Awesome

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The vilification of any particular firearm is always going to be counterproductive as it will inevitably devolve into a pedantic dissertation on the various data points and nomenclatures that you, a non-gun person, got wrong. Better to keep the discussion at a higher level. Most people shouldn't have access to any guns, constitutional issues aside.

(Interesting comment from a non VJ member )

Filed: Timeline

Bullets are different, yes? They should allow people to carry self defense guns with small bullets and a slow shot per second.

I'm not a gun expert, giving my opinion off of what I've seen and used. Bigger bullet more damage. Bigger gun most damage. A tank? It's war time.

1 million dollars donated. Awesome

I'm not sure which you have, but all of the glock calibers are larger than the 5.56.

Pretty much forget everything the Hollywood and the media has told you.

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Where to begin? Okay.. here goes.

Senate Democrats are now using this line of argument to push legislation that would ban people on the FBI’s terrorist watch list from obtaining guns.

Oh, I have no problem with that.
Maybe everyone should take a mental evaluation before buying guns.

On this we can agree. Of course there will be many more that won't agree. They will say these things are unneeded and prohibitive measures designed to stop them from their right of ownership. However... this person wasn't still active on the FBI's radar. So it means very little when guys who should be on a list are then off of it and can get a gun easily. Another problem? Well, I sat for a while and discussed this with my hubby this afternoon actually. At any time, anyone can be potentially investigated by the FBI for things they don't think should be a problem (but to the rational person there's a problem). As you might know there are certain communities of persons that may harbor very foul views towards different races and religions. They often own many many weapons. Some of these persons are intensely paranoid of governments watching them, of 'end times', of 'false flags', and 'rogue governments removing their weapons', they may belong to organizations that promote disgusting, yet constitutionally protected behavior and speech. They would be paranoid of the very thought that if they are potentially being watched, that the government could remove the guns they want or have out of their cold dead hands. In the end, this sentiment is what drives many people in stock-piling.

No, I love how when things like this do happen the islamaphobics use it as an excuse to discriminate against all Muslims but when I white man does something I NEVER hear we should ban all white men from getting guns, or entering the U.S.

Let's be clear the U.S. has treated gay and transgender people like scum. They have high homicide, high suicide and high drug addiction rates. They are killed, raped and atrocious violent acts are committed against these people, these American citizens. One Republican said transgenders should use the bushes. Now because it fits a discriminatory stance some want to use what happened at this gay club. Get Out of Here

Where are yall when they want bathroom rights? Where are yall when they want the right to marry? Where are yall when they want to be on each other's health insurance? When they want to adopt children? Give blood?

SIT DOWN!

I know you don't like it but I refuse to let agenda be pushed down my brain and I refuse to discriminate against anyone! Guess what? That includes looney white men. I won't do it

Yep. I get really weary when people who couldn't care a thing about a gay person before, is suddenly so worried about them now.

wasn't the killer off the list? so what good would this legislation do?

i think americans just need to get over the idea that we can be safe from random/mass gun violence while up to our foreheads in guns. it ain't gonna happen.

Agreed. If he was off the list, then the next logical question is... why was he off of it? Well, probably not enough probable cause. All of these recent attackers in a variety of countries were being watched or once were watched to some degree by some sort of agency. But of course it all goes around in a giant circle and moves onto the issues I mentioned above. Ultimately debating about this stuff will solve nothing, because the sad thing is... nothing is going to change.

I don't support descriminating against Muslims even after this attack. I also don't support the call for gun control after this event. Both come from a position of ignorance.

I don't think I have to explain why the former is so but as to the latter? You realize he had a class G firearms license right? Even if you passed all of the democrat's wishlist, he would have been legally able to have a gun due to his profession.

If anything, we will look back on this event with time and see it as a failure by the FBI.

Yes he had such a firearms license. But can we ask ourselves why he did? A person who seems to have expressed mental instability for a considerable amount of time and abused his wife.

Personally, I have a problem with the fact this individual, and I presume anyone in Florida, could walk into a Walmart or other location and purchase an AR-15 and walk out of the store with it in their grubby hands all in the same day. And, they continue to purchase gun after gun after gun..and ammo to boot all in the same week. It seems to me this shouldn't be a normal pattern of behavior for the average gun owner.

It seems to fit a profile. Do you change the law to say anyone who is on a watch list and anyone who was investigated multiple times by the FBI but aren't actively being watched should be prevented from obtaining a gun?

People are going to say they don't want to exchange their right to free speech which if absurd or horrible enough words are used, could cause them to be watched by their government, and then also lead them to be prevented from gun ownership. Clearly this person was investigated because he said some crazy stuff. But the FBI can't arrest a person for saying crazy stuff. They cannot arrest a person for going to Mecca and saying crazy stuff on their facebook pages. They can only arrest them if they say crazy stuff and they are caught planning out a deed. If this was the case, we would blessedly be rid of a ton of little ticking time-bombs and Nazi-lovers and their weapon stockpiles by now.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Timeline

The vilification of any particular firearm is always going to be counterproductive as it will inevitably devolve into a pedantic dissertation on the various data points and nomenclatures that you, a non-gun person, got wrong. Better to keep the discussion at a higher level. Most people shouldn't have access to any guns, constitutional issues aside.

(Interesting comment from a non VJ member )

That comment in summary states that the higher level is one of ignorance.

Love it

Edited by Sousuke

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Timeline

That comment in summary states that the higher level is one of ignorance.

Love it

"The higher level is one of ignorance" -discuss;) hey but that's for a gun thread. Just noticing the pedantic tendencies of some;)

Love it, too!!!

Where to begin? Okay.. here goes.

On this we can agree. Of course there will be many more that won't agree. They will say these things are unneeded and prohibitive measures designed to stop them from their right of ownership. However... this person wasn't still active on the FBI's radar. So it means very little when guys who should be on a list are then off of it and can get a gun easily. Another problem? Well, I sat for a while and discussed this with my hubby this afternoon actually. At any time, anyone can be potentially investigated by the FBI for things they don't think should be a problem (but to the rational person there's a problem). As you might know there are certain communities of persons that may harbor very foul views towards different races and religions. They often own many many weapons. Some of these persons are intensely paranoid of governments watching them, of 'end times', of 'false flags', and 'rogue governments removing their weapons', they may belong to organizations that promote disgusting, yet constitutionally protected behavior and speech. They would be paranoid of the very thought that if they are potentially being watched, that the government could remove the guns they want or have out of their cold dead hands. In the end, this sentiment is what drives many people in stock-piling.

Yep. I get really weary when people who couldn't care a thing about a gay person before, is suddenly so worried about them now.

Agreed. If he was off the list, then the next logical question is... why was he off of it? Well, probably not enough probable cause. All of these recent attackers in a variety of countries were being watched or once were watched to some degree by some sort of agency. But of course it all goes around in a giant circle and moves onto the issues I mentioned above. Ultimately debating about this stuff will solve nothing, because the sad thing is... nothing is going to change.

Yes he had such a firearms license. But can we ask ourselves why he did? A person who seems to have expressed mental instability for a considerable amount of time and abused his wife.

Personally, I have a problem with the fact this individual, and I presume anyone in Florida, could walk into a Walmart or other location and purchase an AR-15 and walk out of the store with it in their grubby hands all in the same day. And, they continue to purchase gun after gun after gun..and ammo to boot all in the same week. It seems to me this shouldn't be a normal pattern of behavior for the average gun owner.

It seems to fit a profile. Do you change the law to say anyone who is on a watch list and anyone who was investigated multiple times by the FBI but aren't actively being watched should be prevented from obtaining a gun?

People are going to say they don't want to exchange their right to free speech which if absurd or horrible enough words are used, could cause them to be watched by their government, and then also lead them to be prevented from gun ownership. Clearly this person was investigated because he said some crazy stuff. But the FBI can't arrest a person for saying crazy stuff. They cannot arrest a person for going to Mecca and saying crazy stuff on their facebook pages. They can only arrest them if they say crazy stuff and they are caught planning out a deed. If this was the case, we would blessedly be rid of a ton of little ticking time-bombs and Nazi-lovers and their weapon stockpiles by now.

Darn good post

I don't support descriminating against Muslims even after this attack. I also don't support the call for gun control after this event. Both come from a position of ignorance.

I don't think I have to explain why the former is so but as to the latter? You realize he had a class G firearms license right? Even if you passed all of the democrat's wishlist, he would have been legally able to have a gun due to his profession.

If anything, we will look back on this event with time and see it as a failure by the FBI.

Common sense post ?

So Hillary thinks being put on some watch list should take away your constitutional right without due process.

Does she also think being investigated by the FBI should preclude a person for running for the highest office in the land ?

Timeline

If that's all you can say (or infer) that I'm pedantic that's fine. I'll leave it at that. I do take it as an insult though.

Don't be so thin skinned. Not meant as an insult. It's good to have a hobby. Just think all the sweet pillow talk about clips , magazines, glocks, gun sizes aren't really part of this discussion. But you are free to post. I'm not a mod. Your posts are very informative .