Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

dillygoose I have read everything concerning AP since hubby's got put on AP lol.

I keep searching for things too bookman.

I think it's interesting all the government websites don't say anything about AP (only that it's classified and each case is unique and there's no predicting when it will be done)

Everything else I read is from immigration lawyers.

I find it nuts that there's no way to get any information on what's happening! Some people literally wait a year with no information. It doesn't seem right to me.

Hopefully we will all be issued soon. Fingers crossed!

Timeline

awww we re on the same boat hubby's is out of job.i'm alone here in the U.S. have to work n take care of the entire family including hubby. Very stressful jiss08111..

My fiancé is working when he can. But tourism in Egypt has been struggling since the Russian plane crash October last year.

I work in the US to pay for myself and send money to cover what he can't. It's not easy!

One day soon we will all be able to live normal lives with our families. That will be great. It's worth the wait even in the hard times.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

My fiancé is working when he can. But tourism in Egypt has been struggling since the Russian plane crash October last year.

I work in the US to pay for myself and send money to cover what he can't. It's not easy!

One day soon we will all be able to live normal lives with our families. That will be great. It's worth the wait even in the hard times.

aww sorry to hear dillygoose , we all re going through the same pains. Father help us?

Timeline

I keep searching for things too bookman.

I think it's interesting all the government websites don't say anything about AP (only that it's classified and each case is unique and there's no predicting when it will be done)

Everything else I read is from immigration lawyers.

I find it nuts that there's no way to get any information on what's happening! Some people literally wait a year with no information. It doesn't seem right to me.

Hopefully we will all be issued soon. Fingers crossed!

some waited a year but at least they get updates but for us three months plus n still counting NO update. I guess we should not focus on the updates becuz on 2016 DV AP forum someone got about 6-8 updates but case was denied after 5months while others who had one or two updates got cleared after 5months..Meaning that our first update could be a great news for us all.. Edited by bookman

Timeline

some waited a year but at least they get updates but for us three months plus n still counting NO update. I guess we should not focus on the updates becuz on 2016 DV AP forum someone got about 6-8 updates but case was denied after 5months while others who had one or two updates got cleared after 5months..Meaning that our first update could be a great news for us all..

You're exactly right about that bookman. Our first update will probably be the visa issuing.

Otherwise there would have been an update sooner (this many months with nothing should mean we are getting close to the end of waiting!)

Timeline

You're exactly right about that bookman. Our first update will probably be the visa issuing.

Otherwise there would have been an update sooner (this many months with nothing should mean we are getting close to the end of waiting!)

we re getting very close dillygoose. Just keep de faith. June is gone but July should be our month? Edited by bookman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Anyone have any news today?

We had update yesterday, but nothing today.

Question, does Cairo embassy work on Saturdays?

Interview: Oct 26th 2015

AP: Oct 26th 2015

Update: Oct 27th 2015

Update: Jan 20th 2016 (Congressman Inquiry)

Update: Jan 31st 2016

Update: Feb 1st 2016

Update: Jun 18th 2016

Timeline

The embassy is closed on Fridays and Saturdays.

They list their hours and all the holidays they observe on their website.

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/mobile//hoursofoperation.html

Edited by dillygoose

Timeline

No they are not working Saturdays,your updates by itself but one of it by congressman.

Mine didn't update except when I made inquiry.

Wish you and us hear a good news about visa soon in sha Allah.

Timeline

Nothing yet! I think this was an update maybe from DOS because it was on a saturday, and Cairo embassy is not opened on Saturdays. God willing it will be updated in the next couple of days when they receive notification at embassy.

JISSAO8111, any update girl... We re happily awaiting ur good news issue!!?

Timeline

Nothing yet! I think this was an update maybe from DOS because it was on a saturday, and Cairo embassy is not opened on Saturdays. God willing it will be updated in the next couple of days when they receive notification at embassy.

[/quot it was the embassy that did the update because I received emailed from monrovia embassy back in April on a Saturday. Monrovia embassy is also closed on Saturday n Sunday..I was surprised..I heard that DOS does not update cases instead, DOS contact embassy if they get any information on the case.

Timeline

You know what really makes me crazy? When there is a person who interviewed for the K1 visa same as us. At the Cairo embassy same as us.

And their visa was issued 3 days after their interview!

And that person is already in the US now (because their interview was in mid-May)

Here we are waiting 100+++ days for the same visa at the same embassy and we can't even get an update.

Even with my congressman contacting them.

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!

Timeline

You know what really makes me crazy? When there is a person who interviewed for the K1 visa same as us. At the Cairo embassy same as us.

And their visa was issued 3 days after their interview!

And that person is already in the US now (because their interview was in mid-May)

Here we are waiting 100+++ days for the same visa at the same embassy and we can't even get an update.

Even with my congressman contacting them.

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!

tell me about it dillygoose, wake up early every morning with the hope of update or email from embassy, but nothing.. Painful painful painful!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.