Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 hours ago, GegeAli said:

22257665-2F26-44AE-A553-B043E91663D4.thumb.jpeg.f45f6ab3bea845852b19b5957e238506.jpeg

We received the same email too few days ago.

they send them by mistake I believe.

it makes me wonder what on earth do they do right in their work?

Edited by Ayman taha

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Ayman taha said:

40 minutes ago, Ayman taha said:

Maybe because I called them I talk to them they say my husband case still in Egypt embassy and she told me make sure u can talk different section when they send a case back in NVC they check and they told me same his case in Egypt ...it’s true why they took a long time on AP very hard in August it’s will be 3 years when I submit all the paper I allways pray the god and be patient inchallah we will have a good news soon 

Edited by GegeAli

Timeline
1 hour ago, MrAhmed said:

i get Update today  I'm in shock  :o

It does not mention anything new :unsure:

Interview day 12-Sep-2017

Update   day 03-Oct-2017

Update   day 26-oct-2017

Update   day 9-May-2018

AAAA.png

Well nice .. it is better than nothing at least

I know that feeling lol

i hope it is the start of good news for you

i got a few updates like this in a row recently... I know one of them was because the senator inquiry but the others had nothing from our side

Timeline

I found this in a group on facebook does this help us ??

The Office of Visa Services (Visa Office) within the Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs issues advisory opinions in nonimmigrant and immigrant visa cases adjudicated at U.S. consulates. Advocates and applicants may send email inquiries to LegalNet@state.gov to request case-specific responses regarding the interpretation or application of immigration law in visa cases. On April 23, 2014 and May 7, 2014, DOS updated the Foreign Affairs Manual at 9 FAM Appendix E, 800, to include information on LegalNet’s purpose, scope and inquiry processing. The highlights of this new FAM section are summarized below.

Purpose and Scope of LegalNet

The new FAM guidance sets forth the scope of inquiries that LegalNet will accept for review. According to the FAM, LegalNet provides substantive responses only to the following categories of inquiries:

Legal questions about a specific case when the applicant or representative has attempted to contact the consular post at least twice without receiving a final response, and where 30 days have passed since the second inquiry (unless action is required sooner to avert significant harm to the applicant)
Legal questions about a specific case in which the applicant or representative has received a final response from post, but believes it to be wrong as a matter of law
Legal questions about specific cases involving T visas, U visas, Diversity visas, or adoption visas, and
Legal questions about specific cases involving the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) and the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).
The new guidance describes inquiries to which LegalNet will not provide substantive responses, including

Questions from anyone other than an applicant or representative of record
Requests to review factual determinations made by U.S. consular officers
Requests for case status updates
Questions that are general, speculative, or hypothetical in nature
Legal questions in cases where the consular officer has not yet reached a final determination of the applicant’s eligibility for a visa (except in T, U, diversity and adoption visa cases, and CSPA and VAWA cases)
Request for explanations of visa revocations or cancellations, and
Request regarding a case that is still being processed at the National Visa Center.

Requirements for LegalNet Inquiries

Inquiries submitted to LegalNet should refer to only one case per email. Additionally, the subject line of the email should include: 1) the applicant’s full name; 2) the post processing the case; 3) the National Visa Center case number for immigrant visa cases; 4) the applicant’s passport number and/or USCIS receipt number for nonimmigrant visa cases; and 5) the citation to the relevant statute or regulation at issue.

The body of the email should include the principal applicant’s full name as it appears in the applicant’s passport, the applicant’s date of birth and the applicant’s pace of birth, as well as the location of the pending or denied visa application, the applicant’s visa classification, and any refusal code.

Representatives should attach a signed G-28 and copies of all previous correspondence with the post.

Processing LegalNet Request

LegalNet will provide notice that the inquiry was received and is being processed within seven days of receipt. The timeframe for substantive responses depends on the complexity of the matter and availability of essential information. However, if no substantive response from LegalNet is received within 30 days, send a follow-up email to LegalNet.

When to Use LegalNet

Consular officers have absolute authority to issue or refuse visas. However, an advocate may seek an advisory opinion on legal issues that he or she believes were decided in error. A favorable advisory opinion may persuade a consular officer to rescind a visa refusal.

Consider using LegalNet when you are unable to resolve a disputed legal issue with the consulate and its supervisory channels. This might include cases where a consular officer misapplies the law and finds an applicant inadmissible. For example, advocates have sought advisory opinions on erroneous determinations that a client engaged in smuggling or has a disqualifying conviction. In one case, an advocate sought review of a visa refusal based on aiding and abetting smuggling under INA § 212(a)(6)(E)(i). At a young age, the applicant had entered the U.S. with his uncle, cousins, and the help of a paid coyote. Each person paid their own share of the fee. While the facts were not disputed, the advocate argued that it was a misapplication of law to conclude that his client had smuggled the relatives who had accompanied him. After receiving a favorable advisory opinion, the applicant was eventually issued a visa.

By Ilissa Mira, Training and Legal Support Attorney

Timeline

senator  send this to me today

I got the below update from State in DC confirming they have finally returned the case to NVC.

Response:

Hi Charles,

The Embassy sent me an update. They confirmed that the case is being sent back to NVC via pouch and should arrive at NVC in about 3-4 weeks.

You may wish to reach out NVC next month to make sure it arrived so that they can give you an estimate on how long it will take for them process and transfer to USCIS.

I hope this information is helpful.

what hell happens to paper :angry::angry:

Timeline
22 minutes ago, MrAhmed said:

senator  send this to me today

I got the below update from State in DC confirming they have finally returned the case to NVC.

Response:

Hi Charles,

The Embassy sent me an update. They confirmed that the case is being sent back to NVC via pouch and should arrive at NVC in about 3-4 weeks.

You may wish to reach out NVC next month to make sure it arrived so that they can give you an estimate on how long it will take for them process and transfer to USCIS.

I hope this information is helpful.

what hell happens to paper :angry::angry:

Your case they send a back to NVC but why

Timeline
1 hour ago, MrAhmed said:

I do not know maybe this is part of the administrative procedures   ؟؟

Ask your wife to call NVC when I received the message from NVC I called them make sure my husband case is okay they told me his case still in Egypt embassy

Timeline

we will end of this month like you see in this massage

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Ramadan Kareem Everyone!!

Only update on my part is what seems to be the basic quartly update.. done on April 29th.. last one before that was in Dec. 2017... no new news just the date change😕...Inshaa Allah during this Holy Month we will all get good news!!

event.png

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mosha1972 said:

Ramadan Kareem Everyone!!

Only update on my part is what seems to be the basic quartly update.. done on April 29th.. last one before that was in Dec. 2017... no new news just the date change😕...Inshaa Allah during this Holy Month we will all get good news!!

Yeah I got a date update then too

seems like they just wanted to count how many lives they are keeping on hold as hostages 

honestly I am very disappointed and tired with how this is going ...

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Ayman taha said:

Yeah I got a date update then too

seems like they just wanted to count how many lives they are keeping on hold as hostages 

honestly I am very disappointed and tired with how this is going ...

I couldn't agree more...I can't wait for Karma to intervene 😋.. These people think their better than all of us..

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.