Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I E-mailed my lawyer today ands asked him to write an Email to the Embassy, and asked them about my case situation.

I hope everything be ok and he got a good news from them....

My friend informed me that contacting even the president won't change anything or get me any relevant information. The best thing to do he said is keep your self busy and wait.

He also told me about the 1% thing. It's true 99% of cases are resolved in 6 months, specifically before expiry of Medical or just after it expires. 1% of cases take longer. Some one here in the forum was in military and traveled a lot, his AP took 15 months but he got issued at the end.

Edited by Davy981

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

I E-mailed my lawyer today ands asked him to write an Email to the Embassy, and asked them about my case situation.

I hope everything be ok and he got a good news from them....

sata this process is very stressful girl, I knw how u feels.. Keeps urself busy that is the only way out. AP is a nightmare at least once a month send email to the embassy abt updates on ur case..fingers crossed for u all. Ahmed what up? Fingers crossed for u bro. I am still here waiting for September 26 for hubby's next appointment. longest ever⏱.... Lonely!!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

My friend informed me that contacting even the president won't change anything or get me any relevant information. The best thing to do he said is keep your self busy and wait.

He also told me about the 1% thing. It's true 99% of cases are resolved in 6 months, specifically before expiry of Medical or just after it expires. 1% of cases take longer. Some one here in the forum was in military and traveled a lot, his AP took 15 months but he got issued at the end.

sata this process is very stressful girl, I knw how u feels.. Keeps urself busy that is the only way out. AP is a nightmare at least once a month send email to the embassy abt updates on ur case..fingers crossed for u all. Ahmed what up? Fingers crossed for u bro. I am still here waiting for September 26 for hubby's next appointment. longest ever⏱.... Lonely!!

Thank you guys... yes Davy I know that sending an email doesn't help but at least they know I'am waiting :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone ! My husband had his CR1 visa interview on 8/17/16 in Casablanca. The interview went well and the CO gave him everything back, except she kept our marriage certificate, his medical exam and some pictures. She told him at the conclusion of the interview that because I did not make the required annual amount in 2015, due to only working 6 months in 2015 in the US, (I was living in Morocco prior to that) - that he needed to find a co-sponsor, have them return the needed paperwork and his visa would be issued in 10 days after the paperwork was received. We got a sponsor the same day, mailed everything to him the next day and he received it this past Wednesday. He took the co-sponsors I-864 and related information, along with his passport and the blue 221g form he had been given to ARAMEX. They took everything, gave him a receipt, said they would deliver it to the consulate the next day and to give them a call in 10 days.

I truly hope that this will only take 10 days as the CO said. I'm just so afraid that something will go wrong from here. Has anyone else had this happen where you had to get a co-sponsor ? I wish good luck for everyone and that we will all be reunited with our husbands/wives soon. Inshallah, this will be over soon.

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone ! My husband had his CR1 visa interview on 8/17/16 in Casablanca. The interview went well and the CO gave him everything back, except she kept our marriage certificate, his medical exam and some pictures. She told him at the conclusion of the interview that because I did not make the required annual amount in 2015, due to only working 6 months in 2015 in the US, (I was living in Morocco prior to that) - that he needed to find a co-sponsor, have them return the needed paperwork and his visa would be issued in 10 days after the paperwork was received. We got a sponsor the same day, mailed everything to him the next day and he received it this past Wednesday. He took the co-sponsors I-864 and related information, along with his passport and the blue 221g form he had been given to ARAMEX. They took everything, gave him a receipt, said they would deliver it to the consulate the next day and to give them a call in 10 days.

I truly hope that this will only take 10 days as the CO said. I'm just so afraid that something will go wrong from here. Has anyone else had this happen where you had to get a co-sponsor ? I wish good luck for everyone and that we will all be reunited with our husbands/wives soon. Inshallah, this will be over soon.

welcome to the thread and I can't answer your question but I wish for your husband to have easy and short AP In sha Allah, wish for all of us the best and good news soon about the visa and get issued soon in sha Allah.Ameen

Timeline

Hi guys

I had my interview on August 14, 2016 in Cairo. All went well, officer told me I'm approved and they kept my passport. I've been under admin processing since then. Case was updated, 14th, 16th, 18th and 21st of August and nothing since then. I tried contacting the consulate and got the standard mandatory admin processing reply. I contacted ustraveldocs support desk and they replied that my visa needs additional admin processing and that most cases are resolved within 60 days of the interview :(

I really hope this doesn't take long ...

I was issuing my B1/B2 visa in March 2015 from Budapest and was given a 221g back then and told at the end that they cannot make a decision and that I will need AP. Surprisingly, they contacted my 2 weeks later and told me I was clear and asked for my passport. I was issued the visa 3 weeks after the interview back then.

I wish all you guys the best of luck.

Timeline

Hi guys

I had my interview on August 14, 2016 in Cairo. All went well, officer told me I'm approved and they kept my passport. I've been under admin processing since then. Case was updated, 14th, 16th, 18th and 21st of August and nothing since then. I tried contacting the consulate and got the standard mandatory admin processing reply. I contacted ustraveldocs support desk and they replied that my visa needs additional admin processing and that most cases are resolved within 60 days of the interview :(

I was issuing my B1/B2 visa in March 2015 from Budapest and was given a 221g back then and told at the end that they cannot make a decision and that I will need AP. Surprisingly, they contacted my 2 weeks later and told me I was clear and asked for my passport. I was issued the visa 3 weeks after the interview back then.

Hi and welcome to the thread!

Since the CO cleared you as approved and your passport was kept, it is most likely that the system marked you for security checks or some type of clearance.

It should not take long for you. Back when I was 18 years old I had AP for my F1 visa, my passport was not kept during the interview and was I told I am approved, my AP took 67 days, then they called me to drop my passport for stamping.

Now after so so many years, here I am under AP for a K1 visa, it's been 163 days my friend. My passport was kept during interview, no additional documents required, my rights as immigrant were given, and no 221g.

It shouldn't take long for you just keep your self busy and wait that's all.

Good luck after all!

Edited by Davy981

Timeline

Hello and welcome!

It shouldn't take long for you, sometimes the system marks you down for further security checks and clearances even when you are approved and your passport is kept, it's a system related flag that CO can't bypass.

It shouldn't take long for your case, just be patient and keep your self busy.

Good luck to you and your husband.

PS: I am under AP in Casablanca too for a K1 visa. My passport was kept since the interview.

Timeline

Hi and welcome to the thread!

Since the CO cleared you as approved and your passport was kept, it is most likely that the system marked you for security checks or some type of clearance.

It should not take long for you. Back when I was 18 years old I had AP for my F1 visa, my passport was not kept during the interview and was I told I am approved, my AP took 67 days, then they called me to drop my passport for stamping.

Now after so so many years, here I am under AP for a K1 visa, it's been 163 days my friend. My passport was kept during interview, no additional documents required, my rights as immigrant were given, and no 221g.

It shouldn't take long for you just keep your self busy and wait that's all.

Good luck after all!

Hi

Thanks for the support. I hope it does get cleared soon.

I also wish you the best of luck and hope you get cleared from AP soon. 163 days is a great deal and I'm glad you are dealing with it fine. AP is a black hole so let's all hope for the best.

Cheers man.

Timeline

Hi

Thanks for the support. I hope it does get cleared soon.

I also wish you the best of luck and hope you get cleared from AP soon. 163 days is a great deal and I'm glad you are dealing with it fine. AP is a black hole so let's all hope for the best.

Cheers man.

It is a black hole indeed, I remember when I was 18 of age holding a fresh passport and never stepped foot in any country before. Still was put in AP for so long and my university plans were at the edge of destruction.

History is repeating it self now and all I can do is keep my self busy and wait. 167 days is a black hole the size of the andromeda Galaxy, not to mention our brother here in this thread from Cairo who is also under AP nearing his 6 months and he has children and a wife that he misses a lot.

We hope that we will all get cleared soon brother, keep the hopes up and good luck to everybody!

Timeline

Hi again brothers and sisters, today is Tuesday August the 30th, time is 2:30 AM GMT. I checked CEAS and found that the date was changed to 29th August. I got a date change just few hours ago.

My AP is 5 months and 2 weeks, in total I had 2 date changes only, now this is the 3rd date change. ( 2nd June / 20th July / 29th August ).

@Hallalbrother, any update akhi.

Good luck everybody!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Hi again brothers and sisters, today is Tuesday August the 30th, time is 2:30 AM GMT. I checked CEAS and found that the date was changed to 29th August. I got a date change just few hours ago.

My AP is 5 months and 2 weeks, in total I had 2 date changes only, now this is the 3rd date change. ( 2nd June / 20th July / 29th August ).

@Hallalbrother, any update akhi.

Good luck everybody!

Good Davy. lets hope your updates become closer together for 2-3 days and hope for fast Issue.... Its your time now and I know Ahmed is next...

Timeline

Good Davy. lets hope your updates become closer together for 2-3 days and hope for fast Issue.... Its your time now and I know Ahmed is next...

The date changed again today to 30th August just few hours ago. 2nd date change after 24 hours. Total of 4 date changes now.

(2nd June / 20th July / 29th August / 30th August)

Thank you very much for the support sister and I hope we all get cleared soon!

Timeline

Hi guys

Mostafa you are talking about different kind of visas your visa now is immigrant visa and this is not the same process and also it's critical not like non-immigrant visa .

my advice is be patient and wait and as soon as the consular said you will get it soon then wait until the 60 days and contact them and God willing you will be issued before it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.