Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

I've been in AP for 6months Abu dhabi embassy . The last time they did an update on ceac website was May 17. Since then no more other update in my case. I emailed them twice no response.

On the day of my interview they told me I'm approved hand me a pink slip but when I went back to the embassy to pick my visa they hand me back my passport and gave me a white 221G. I was shocked. The only explaination I got from the person who handed me the paper is to check my status in their website.

Edited by yuanyuan1122

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

I've been in AP now for 6months in Abu Dhabi. The last time they did and update on my was May 17. Since then no more other update in my case. I emailed them twice no response.

On the day of my interview they told me I'm approved hand me a pink slip but when I went back to the embassy to pick my visa they hand me back my passport and gave me a white 221G. I was shocked. The only explain I got from the person who handed me the paper is to check my status in their website.

awww 6months one update Wow.. AP in Abu Dhabi takes little longer.. Soon u will be clear..

@dilligoose

Interview date was Jan 13,2016

The pink slip was dated on Jan 19, 2016 to pick the visa

221G white paper- Administrative processing was highlighted in yellow color marker.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

@bookman

Thank you! Are you in AP as well?

I'm not even sure if we're in AP I'm assuming yes. The CO didn't give my husband any slip nor did he say he was approved. Just told him that he'll get a call within a month to pick up his passport. Whatever the hell that means. But I'm just praying we all make it out of this hole alive. It's ridiculous we pay so much to get to the finish line and then they throw us back a few miles and make us crawl to the finish line again. ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm not even sure if we're in AP I'm assuming yes. The CO didn't give my husband any slip nor did he say he was approved. Just told him that he'll get a call within a month to pick up his passport. Whatever the hell that means. But I'm just praying we all make it out of this #### hole alive. It's ridiculous we pay so much to get to the finish line and then they throw us back a few miles and make us crawl to the finish line again. ?

That's pretty much the sum of it!

(Ps there's only a couple case statuses on ceac so most everyone is in AP with or without a paper or passport or whatever. Unless it's 'ready' or 'issued' it's AP)

May the wait be ending soon! God willing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would like to thank you guys for all support I have from you,

Mai,kristyn,khaled,kamal,Sata,jissa,ahmed and luna,pahopefull,and any othere members here i forget them.

I wouldn't be here again because my journey for me is over. (Cancelled visa).

It doesn't matter for me the visa as it's matter for me to be with my family but unfortunately I can't be aslo with my family with my kids.

I'm sorry I can't talk more details.

I wish for all of you the best.

Thank you for everything.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Mai,kristyn,khaled,kamal,Sata,jissa,ahmed and luna,pahopefull,and any othere members here i forget them.

It doesn't matter for me the visa as it's matter for me to be with my family but unfortunately I can't be aslo with my family with my kids.

Your welcome ahmed thank you too .... May allah give you all the happiness you and your family need good luck :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wish for you good things. May you have a happy and peaceful journey ahead.

Thank you for your kindness and concern for all our cases.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Oh my God!! :o ! what happened? did you cancelled your visa or they did?

Ahmad you are the one here that give us a lot of hope but now that you wrote those sentences, I can't even believe!!

But I wish you all the best.. and Good luck.. we will miss you here

Edited by Sata

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.