Rob L

Trump on black supporter: 'Look at my African-American over here'

164 posts in this topic

25% will never happen. That was one poll. Likely statistical noise.

Which is why I assumed 12% above - The Republican average or so since 1964.

So from FactCheck's February assortment of polls, if we take out the ones with no MoE (no point in using polls with +/-10 people), the average is 10.75%.

That's 2.7 million.

They all will be Deblacked .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Even if he could get that number, let's not forget, it's amongst the uneducated. Which more than likely equals an area where the voting polls were closed, the dmv and those people can't get registered to vote. Republicans kicked themselves on that one.

Let's not forget, you're making a big deal out of this but the Republicans don't want the black votes. They could care less and have made this known.

Agreed.

I really don't like separating people into groups by their race. That's one of the main reasons I no longer call myself a liberal. I was on board when liberals talked seriously about socioeconomic differences, rather than pandering to people as monolithic groups based on their skin color. I have far more in common politically with a middle class black family, than I do with a West Virginian coal miner or a white billionaire.

I am not praising the guy for punching anyone. And I used to think the 'left-wing media' narrative was pretty damn close to conspiratorial. Which is why find it almost creepy to realize that we do have a media so hellbent on portraying a certain narrative that they willfully ignore any suggestion to the contrary.

I tend to lean whichever way I feel is the right path to take. Some concepts I believe in would be considered liberal, others are conservative. I think instead of labeling everything down the middle, make choices based your personal beliefs, rather than letting a political side dictate how you see the world. I'm pretty sure some of our more conservative members let it control them to an extreme degree(still don't know how they grocery shop)..

Both sides, left and right are conspirators. Just different narratives. As the left tries to make everything(even when it's not) racism, the right tries it's best to ignore racism all together by having conversations without any input from the folks they're talking about. Fox News is notorious for this.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The number of black voters in 2012 = 17.8 Million which was historically higher than the norm. 10 % of 18 million would be 1.8 but the trump will not get that number or %. He will get 4 to 6 % or around a million votes. If he keeps shooting his racist mouth off he will cause a uptick in people of color turning out to defeat his racist attitudes and his percentages will plummet.

Donald Trump is on pace to set the Republican party back a decade. I would not be surprised to see a three party system arise from this fiasco.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Even if he could get that number, let's not forget, it's amongst the uneducated. Which more than likely equals an area where the voting polls were closed, the dmv and those people can't get registered to vote. Republicans kicked themselves on that one.

Let's not forget, you're making a big deal out of this but the Republicans don't want the black votes. They could care less and have made this known.

I disagree.

I think there is a fundamental difference between saying "We don't want your vote" and having a difference of opinion as to what will actually help.

No serious politician in recent years ever said they don't want black voters. Except perhaps Michigan gov. Rick Snyder when he drowned the GOP brand in the Flint River.

But to use an example - To question whether i.e. BlackLivesMatter is a helpful organization or a conglomeration of people who are actually hurting the black community - That's different. If I think BLM is doing African-Americans a great disservice, I'd rather say so than pander to them for votes.

Timeline

I disagree.

I think there is a fundamental difference between saying "We don't want your vote" and having a difference of opinion as to what will actually help.

No serious politician in recent years ever said they don't want black voters. Except perhaps Michigan gov. Rick Snyder when he drowned the GOP brand in the Flint River.

But to use an example - To question whether i.e. BlackLivesMatter is a helpful organization or a conglomeration of people who are actually hurting the black community - That's different. If I think BLM is doing African-Americans a great disservice, I'd rather say so than pander to them for votes.

I thought we were talking about Trump, why do folks get so wound around the axle about BLM?

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

I tend to lean whichever way I feel is the right path to take. Some concepts I believe in would be considered liberal, others are conservative. I think instead of labeling everything down the middle, make choices based your personal beliefs, rather than letting a political side dictate how you see the world. I'm pretty sure some of our more conservative members let it control them to an extreme degree(still don't know how they grocery shop)..

Both sides, left and right are conspirators. Just different narratives. As the left tries to make everything(even when it's not) racism, the right tries it's best to ignore racism all together by having conversations without any input from the folks they're talking about. Fox News is notorious for this.

I would agree.

One side cries wolf a lot.

One side ignores a lot.

Both are damaging, neither is helpful.

If he keeps shooting his racist mouth off he will cause a uptick in people of color turning out to defeat his racist attitudes and his percentages will plummet.

Donald Trump is on pace to set the Republican party back a decade. I would not be surprised to see a three party system arise from this fiasco.

"Racist" has really turned into a subjective opinion rather than a serious allegation. This is scary.

A political realignment will likely happen, yes. If anything good comes out of this election, it will probably be a realignment where the authoritarian parts of both parties (far left and far right) are ousted in favor of a more libertarian-minded right, and a more traditionally liberal left.

I thought we were talking about Trump, why do folks get so wound around the axle about BLM?

Example.

Since BLM likes to say it represents the black community.

Timeline

Example.

Since BLM likes to say it represents the black community.

Example

Trump says he represents common sense and and the aspirations of everyday people. My point: saying you represent a group does not mean you represent everyone in that group.

Timeline

I would agree.

One side cries wolf a lot.

One side ignores a lot.

Both are damaging, neither is helpful.

"Racist" has really turned into a subjective opinion rather than a serious allegation. This is scary.

A political realignment will likely happen, yes. If anything good comes out of this election, it will probably be a realignment where the authoritarian parts of both parties (far left and far right) are ousted in favor of a more libertarian-minded right, and a more traditionally liberal left.

Here is what some overly sensitive, politically correct, social justice warriors said about that topic:

House Speaker Paul Ryan calling them the “textbook definition of a racist comment” though he stood by his endorsement of the presumptive presidential nominee.

“While I oppose the Democratic nominee, Donald Trump’s latest statements, in context with past attacks on Hispanics, women and the disabled like me, make it certain that I cannot and will not support my party’s nominee for president regardless of the political impact on my candidacy or the Republican Party,” Sen. Mark Kirk of Illinois

Stanley Hubbard, a Minnesota broadcast company billionaire, recently gave $100,000 to a pro-Trump group and describes himself as a reluctant Trump backer. He said of Trump’s judge comments: “It’s ridiculous. He’s out of line. You don’t attack a federal judge, and you certainly don’t attack him on the heritage of his parents. It’s totally off the wall, and I don’t even have words to explain it.

Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., the only black Republican senator, called Trump’s comments on the judge “racially toxic”

“Let’s face it, meet the old Trump, just like the new Trump,” said Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., who has long opposed the billionaire’s candidacy. “We’ve got what we’ve got. That’s not somebody who can win the White House.”

“This is one of the worst mistakes Trump has made. I think it’s inexcusable,” Gingrich, a former presidential contender, said on “Fox News Sunday.”

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Republicans in Washington, DC, right now you are letting your presumptive nominee, who is making racist statements, run roughshod over what remaining national reputation we have as a national party. You have to start calling him out today. This is not where you can do the slow boil. You have to start calling him out and saying you’re going to retract endorsement today. Or else the United States Senate is in danger. Kelly Ayotte’s seat is in danger. Rob Portman’s seat is in danger. Ron Johnson’s seat is in danger. A lot of other seats are in danger. If the Speaker of the House continues to endorse a man making racist statements and really tearing away the very fabric of Madison’s separation of powers that talks about an independent judiciary. The House of Representatives is in danger.

Today is June 7, 2016 – Republicans, call him out. Back away from those endorsements. Make him back down on the Muslim ban. Make him back down on this racist comment he made about a man born in Indiana saying he is incapable of being a fair judge because of where his parents are born, or else you will lose the Senate, you will lose the House, you will lose the presidency, you will lose governorships. You will lose your standing as a national party. It’s that simple.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Example

Trump says he represents common sense and and the aspirations of everyday people. My point: saying you represent a group does not mean you represent everyone in that group.

Hey, use some red font or something. Make it easier to read;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We don't have nor tolerate a BLM in Texas. They are considered a hate group and their game don't work in gun carrying Texas. They may get away with their foolishness in places like Chicago or Baltimore, There little game don't work in Texas

Timeline

Better music?

Better music? Try this!