dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2016

1,474 posts in this topic

No idea how long they will give me to get the documents. Embassy and post office is going be closed for Eid holiday until July 10th so nothing can be done until then. They said at this point it would be very difficult to switch embassies.

Staying in the country is not a concern. It's actually not a crime to overstay in the UAE, you just need to pay them on your way out for the overstay. Anyways, I'm never coming back here ever in my life so as long as I can board the aircraft I'll be fine.

We have the same plan ? to leave and never come back

USCIS

Jan 15th noa 1

April 4th noa2

NVC

Received case April 22

June 20th CASE COMPLETE?

Interview date: waited 160 days, January 3 ... APPROVED! VISA COLLECTED JANUARY 5

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Visa approved yesterday , today morning the status changed to ISSUED ! Im soo happy , thanks to everyone here !

Edited by Princehope

yes i am , yes they asked me about pictures but it was so quick the interview lasted just 5min !

Oh wow that is so quick! What were the questions they asked? I'm curious to know :) did they ask for the tax transcripts?

Visa approved yesterday , today morning the status changed to ISSUED ! Im soo happy , thanks to everyone here !

That is so amazing!! Congrats I'm so happy for you :) Edited by nwlove&hope

Well some system was done so processing for immigrants was very backlogged.

He landed at 3:11pm came out about 7pm. This was one tired, hungry wanted a shower man.

First meal his fav Bitterleaf soup and wheat fufu.

It's so unreal finally having him hete he keeps asking why I keep staring at him.

My baby is home.

Okay back to work. I got a spreadsheet to update. ;)

Awwww this made me tear up! What a dream come true, congrats :)

I know. Waiting near the end of the immigration process seems more difficult than all the initial waiting earlier in the process. I know Nairobi is super busy processing visas for I believe 4 or 5 countries so I am sure that is why they get so backed up. Best of luck to you as you wait. I hope you hear something still this month!

I for sure feel like it's more difficult to wait now then ever as well..

My Case completed on 26th may 2016,

Interview date - Islamabad embassy assigned on 28th June 2016

Received P4 in email on 30th June 2016.

I cannot stress enough the importance of having a Timeline :protest:

Please select this link and create yours...thank you :)

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=237101

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

I finally was able to get someone on the phone at the embassy. Long story short, it is almost impossible to prove you can support via assets. I wish I'd known this a year ago when I started this process, the I864 instructions and I864P form seem to suggest you can use assets, but at the embassy it will not be allowed.

The bit about the assets indicates that these must be readily available for liquidation within 1yr. I am truly sorry about your situation as the waiting was already a stressor to now have this monster to deal with at the finish line....keep positive....maybe each sponsor can handle the sponsorship separately...2 and 1?? I am not certain if that is possible but it does not hurt to ask.

Maybe you should consult an attorney at this point. You got the 221(g) for new sponsor, right?? You have up to one year from the date of the 221(g) to pursue the visa and provide what the embassy needs. Seek legal advice on the matter and get help regarding your situation.

Good luck :thumbs:

Edited by Amadia
IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler

N-400 FILER
Spoiler

US PASSPORT

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Guys and gals I am so happy for all of your! This seems like such a joyous thread!!!
CONGRATS again to those who got approved!!!!

I am now waiting for our visas to be in our hands! I am SO impatient! I just want to leave already lol!!
They said 10 to 15 business days but they said the same thing about our daughter's paperwork and we had it sooner so here's to hoping!!!!! Q) Q)

Click "spoiler" below for a detailed account of our journey to a CR1 visa via DCF in Athens, Greece.

2011 - Met hubby online and became friends
Early 2013 - Confessed our love for each other * Late 2013 - I got pregnant with our daughter
2014 - Our baby was born in Athens, Greece and completed our family. We now have two boys and a girl!! 2013 - 2015 - Looking for jobs in Greece, none were available (due to socioeconomic crisis) 2015 - Decided only way to feed our family was to immigrate and started the process December 2015 - Got married (Greece has a LOT of red tape for foreigners marrying Greeks)
January 2016 - Finished gathering all documents and getting them translated
* * DCF in Athens, Greece * *

28th January 2016 - Finally filed I-130s
29th June - ISSUED!!!!!!1st July - Visa packages and passports delivered to DHL.4th July - Visas in hand! CU in two weeks USA!!
19th July- POE Detroit. All went well!! (excluding our screaming, jet lagged toddler!!)

After Arrival in the US

September 2016 - Hubby is diagnosed with congestive heart failure
October - February 2016 - Battle with drug use, overdosing, bringing home a tiny paycheck

March - July 2017 - I am working 80 hr weeks to make ends meet. Discovered hubby's affair. Still overdoses and is hospitalized. Has quit working all together.
July - October 2017 - Marriage counseling. Revealed hubby has "several" mental conditions. Is started on several mental meds.

October 2017 - Got accepted for a college course. Got better job to help raise my kids.

October 2017 - March 2018 - Situation at home is toxic. He files for divorce.

July 2018 - Divorce is final. I have full custody of our daughter.

ROC (GC expires July 19th 2018)

July 16th - Package for ROC is delivered to the CA service center (divorce waiver).

August 30th - NOA1 received with 18 month extension (fee waiver approved).

March 28th 2019 - Biometrics

August 8th 2019 - Case Approved No RFE No Interview - 10 year GC in production

N400 (Online - Detroit, MI office)
June 6th 2023 - Applied for naturalization under 5 year rule.
June 7th 2023 - Application received/Biometric will be reused.
June 16th - Interview scheduled.
July 27th - Upcoming interview.

**Our DCF journey to an IV took 5 months and 1 day from turning in the I-130 to getting "Issued"**

event.png

event.png

Guys and gals I am so happy for all of your! This seems like such a joyous thread!!!

CONGRATS again to those who got approved!!!!

I am now waiting for our visas to be in our hands! I am SO impatient! I just want to leave already lol!!

They said 10 to 15 business days but they said the same thing about our daughter's paperwork and we had it sooner so here's to hoping!!!!! Q) Q)

Is this the time where I say I TOLD YA SO?? :dance:

Besides.....have you sold the pesky lady your car yet? lol

200.gif

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler

N-400 FILER
Spoiler

US PASSPORT

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

This is ONE time I love to be told "I told you so"! Ha!
She is picking it up Monday :)

Click "spoiler" below for a detailed account of our journey to a CR1 visa via DCF in Athens, Greece.

2011 - Met hubby online and became friends
Early 2013 - Confessed our love for each other * Late 2013 - I got pregnant with our daughter
2014 - Our baby was born in Athens, Greece and completed our family. We now have two boys and a girl!! 2013 - 2015 - Looking for jobs in Greece, none were available (due to socioeconomic crisis) 2015 - Decided only way to feed our family was to immigrate and started the process December 2015 - Got married (Greece has a LOT of red tape for foreigners marrying Greeks)
January 2016 - Finished gathering all documents and getting them translated
* * DCF in Athens, Greece * *

28th January 2016 - Finally filed I-130s
29th June - ISSUED!!!!!!1st July - Visa packages and passports delivered to DHL.4th July - Visas in hand! CU in two weeks USA!!
19th July- POE Detroit. All went well!! (excluding our screaming, jet lagged toddler!!)

After Arrival in the US

September 2016 - Hubby is diagnosed with congestive heart failure
October - February 2016 - Battle with drug use, overdosing, bringing home a tiny paycheck

March - July 2017 - I am working 80 hr weeks to make ends meet. Discovered hubby's affair. Still overdoses and is hospitalized. Has quit working all together.
July - October 2017 - Marriage counseling. Revealed hubby has "several" mental conditions. Is started on several mental meds.

October 2017 - Got accepted for a college course. Got better job to help raise my kids.

October 2017 - March 2018 - Situation at home is toxic. He files for divorce.

July 2018 - Divorce is final. I have full custody of our daughter.

ROC (GC expires July 19th 2018)

July 16th - Package for ROC is delivered to the CA service center (divorce waiver).

August 30th - NOA1 received with 18 month extension (fee waiver approved).

March 28th 2019 - Biometrics

August 8th 2019 - Case Approved No RFE No Interview - 10 year GC in production

N400 (Online - Detroit, MI office)
June 6th 2023 - Applied for naturalization under 5 year rule.
June 7th 2023 - Application received/Biometric will be reused.
June 16th - Interview scheduled.
July 27th - Upcoming interview.

**Our DCF journey to an IV took 5 months and 1 day from turning in the I-130 to getting "Issued"**

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh wow that is so quick! What were the questions they asked? I'm curious to know :) did they ask for the tax transcripts?

That is so amazing!! Congrats I'm so happy for you :)

thank you so much !! They asked me about her job and how we meet and when and when our relationship become serious thats all !! And yes they did ask about the last irs trans and i gave it to them in the first guichet before interview !

congrats :-))))))))))))

Thx very much!

Congrats to all of you who are progressing with your cases as well ^_^

CR1

09/16/2015 I-130 mailed to CSC
11/04/2015 I-130 approved 
11/12/2015 NVC received case
02/16/2016 Checklist received
03/17/2016 NVC completed case 
06/27/2016 Physical examination
06/29/2016 US Embassy Interview – APPROVED!

07/04/2016 Visa received + GC fee paid

07/18/2016 US Pre-Clearance in Dublin + POE in Chicago, IL

09/23/2016 Conditional GC received

ROC + NATURALIZATION

07/11/2018 I-751 mailed to CSC

07/19/2018 18-month GC extension received

03/27/2019 I-751 biometrics appointment

04/19/2019 N-400 filed online

05/06/2019 N-400 biometrics appointment

05/20/2019 I-751 transferred to NBC

06/17/2019 Relocated to Salt Lake City, UT

11/27/2019 I-751 + N400 Interview approved

12/04/2019 Permanent GC received

12/18/2019 Oath ceremony – CITIZEN!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.