preguntas

DV Montreal interview: did you pay $165 (greencard)?

7 posts in this topic

Timeline

I have a question for anyone who had their DV interview at the US Consulate in Montreal.

Did you pay $165 (green card processing fee) on the day of the Montreal DV interview?

This is quite embarrassing as I initially thought I paid the $165 on that day in 2015, but I am not sure anymore.

Thanks a lot for your input if you can confirm to me that you did or did not pay the $165 in Montreal!

P.

ps: I've been wondering why I didn't receive my plastic green card after 8 months in the US... (details in another thread).

Edited by preguntas

Timeline

You could not have paid this fee at the consulate on the day of your interview (or any other day, for that matter) -- it is a USCIS fee, not a State Department fee, and it is not one that the consulate would have authority to collect.

Thanks a lot for confirming this!

I totally missed the piece where I had to pay USCIS for the $165 (i.e. it was never paid at the embassy).

This is quite embarrassing...

P.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Aren't you glad you didn't go to an InfoPass appointment and have to admit this in person to a USCIS officer? :)

You're absolutly right!

An update for anyone interested in this topic:

So basically, I paid the 165$ online (on the uscis site based on my Alien number from my visa stamped on my passport) and the green card was actually sent to my US address within 2 weeks.

Thanks for your input!

• 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.