13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good Evening All!

Currently in the process of gathering together my AOS package in hope that I can get it mailed out this week,

However, a few questions I appear to be getting conflicting answers for.

1. At my K1 embassy interview in London, I received a Medical Disc - which I assumed would be required for AOS. However I don’t see this on the list, is this for my own personal records or should it be submitted?

2. Should the G325A be completed for both myself (beneficiary) and my husband (petitioner)? Or just myself?

3. As 'supporting documents' for I-864 it seems we are required to have "A copy of your complete Federal income tax return for the last year”. I have Matthews Tax Transcripts and W2’s for the past three years. Are these sufficient? I am not familiar with any other documents or where I can obtain them.

I appreciate any help and thank you in advance!

Lisa

Met in December 2014 during our time working on cruise ships. Lisa (Liverpool, United Kingdom) & Matthew (Massachusetts, USA)

12th January 2016: Mailed I-194 Package application

20th January 2016: NOA1

29th February 2016: NOA2

18th March 2016: NVC received

24th March 2016: Consulate received

24th March 2016: Submitted Readiness for Interview

31st March 2016: Medical Scheduled

3rd May 2016: Embassy Interview (Approved)

14th May 2016: Arrived in USA (POE Boston)

21st May 2016: Married

1. At my K1 embassy interview in London, I received a Medical Disc - which I assumed would be required for AOS. However I don’t see this on the list, is this for my own personal records or should it be submitted?

dont attach the cd in the aos package. but I showed the CD to the civil surgeon. there is one here in avon,MA I'd recommend it if you like.
civil surgeon not required, but it is up to you, some got approved using the DS-3025 medical record but also I saw some people having RFEs w/o the i-693

2. Should the G325A be completed for both myself (beneficiary) and my husband (petitioner)? Or just myself?

BOTH

3. As 'supporting documents' for I-864 it seems we are required to have "A copy of your complete Federal income tax return for the last year”. I have Matthews Tax Transcripts and W2’s for the past three years. Are these sufficient? I am not familiar with any other documents or where I can obtain them.

if he already has the 2015, you could attach that too. so it would be tax returns for 2015, 2014, 2013. transcripts are good it shows proof that he DID file for income tax.

I'm finally done! took oath at DEC 2019 😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good Evening All!

Currently in the process of gathering together my AOS package in hope that I can get it mailed out this week,

However, a few questions I appear to be getting conflicting answers for.

1. At my K1 embassy interview in London, I received a Medical Disc - which I assumed would be required for AOS. However I don’t see this on the list, is this for my own personal records or should it be submitted? The CD is yours to keep. It is just a copy of your chest x-ray. Send a copy of your DS-3025, if you had all the required vaccinations and they were marked off properly at the K-1 exam.

2. Should the G325A be completed for both myself (beneficiary) and my husband (petitioner)? Or just myself? The person that answered 'both' above is incorrect. Just you. You are the one filing the I-485 to adjust status. The USC does not provide anything other than the I-864 and its supporting documents.

3. As 'supporting documents' for I-864 it seems we are required to have "A copy of your complete Federal income tax return for the last year”. I have Matthews Tax Transcripts and W2’s for the past three years. Are these sufficient? I am not familiar with any other documents or where I can obtain them. You just need the most recent IRS transcript(or complete copy of the return with all forms, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s) plus proof of current income, which can be a letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs.

I appreciate any help and thank you in advance!

Lisa

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I concur with KayDeeCee.

1. Never need cd for immigration purposes.

2. Biographic form from beneficiary only.

3. The transcript from IRS is a stand alone document and does not require W2 with it if that is what you are asking. If it is a photocopy of his tax return, it needs W2 as well to be valid. Read the form instructions for optional proofs.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

2. Should the G325A be completed for both myself (beneficiary) and my husband (petitioner)? Or just myself? The person that answered 'both' above is incorrect. Just you. You are the one filing the I-485 to adjust status. The USC does not provide anything other than the I-864 and its supporting documents.

I based my answer in my recent application, and my own checklist. I didnt have an rfe so i guess i was right. it's up to you if you want to include your spouse's G325A

Timeline

I based my answer in my recent application, and my own checklist. I didnt have an rfe so i guess i was right. it's up to you if you want to include your spouse's G325A

And I based my answer on the actual I-485 form instructions from the USCIS.

You would not get an RFE for including a needless extra form. Just because you personally included it does not make you right. Show me in the I-485 instructions where it asks for a G-325A from the USC petitioner/sponsor. If you can, then you will be right.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

And I based my answer on the actual I-485 form instructions from the USCIS.

You would not get an RFE for including a needless extra form. Just because you personally included it does not make you right. Show me in the I-485 instructions where it asks for a G-325A from the USC petitioner/sponsor. If you can, then you will be right.

ok not going to fight with you on this, if you think you are correct that is fine. I thought i was also correct because almost all of the checklist I've looked it include the petitioner's and the beneficiaries G325A. i just did my own thing and got a green card, that's it.

The greencard application only requires the G-325A from the person who is getting the greencard (Beneficiary). Positive that is correct.

Some may be confused with petitions like I-129F or I-130 which ask for a G-325A from both parties.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

ok not going to fight with you on this, if you think you are correct that is fine. I thought i was also correct because almost all of the checklist I've looked it include the petitioner's and the beneficiaries G325A. i just did my own thing and got a green card, that's it.

But you were fighting me on it, and I am positive I am correct. I follow the USCIS instructions and have read through all of them for every form in the entire K-1 process + some others. I don't rely on getting my information from people's personal checklists that they wrote themselves.

You sent both, and whether you got your green card or not, that is not the correct answer to the question the OP asked. Only the adjustment applicant needs the supporting documents with the I-485. The USC petitioner/sponsor only has to provide the I-864 for sponsorship.

From the I-485 instructions, Pagec4>

8. Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet

You must submit a completed Form G-325A if you are between 14 and 79 years of age.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Timeline

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

My main concern is my third question in regards to the tax return. On the form I-864 Instructions it states:

"Item Numbers 18.a. - 20. Federal Income Tax Return Information

You must provide either an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) transcript or a photocopy from your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you believe additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopies of your Federal individual income tax returns for the three most recent years."

But then later goes on to state.....

"The following items must be submitted with Form I-864:

For ALL sponsors:

A copy of your individual Federal income tax return, including W-2s for the most recent tax year, or a statement and/or evidence describing why you were not required to file. Also include a copy of each and every Form 1099, Schedule, and any other evidence of reported income. You may submit this information for the most recent three tax years, pay stubs from the most recent six months, and/or a letter from your employer if you believe any of these items will help you qualify. "

My reason for asking is that I only have Matthew’s IRS Tax Transcripts for the past three years. Although I do have his W2’s, I do not have a copy of his individual federal income tax return, or a Form 1099 (however I do not think the 1099 applies to us from what I have read on VJ).

Thanks again for all of your help.

Met in December 2014 during our time working on cruise ships. Lisa (Liverpool, United Kingdom) & Matthew (Massachusetts, USA)

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

My reason for asking is that I only have Matthews IRS Tax Transcripts for the past three years. Although I do have his W2s, I do not have a copy of his individual federal income tax return, or a Form 1099 (however I do not think the 1099 applies to us from what I have read on VJ).

Thanks again for all of your help.

Did you miss my reply earlier?

Repeat:

transcript from IRS is a stand alone document and does not require W2 with it if that is what you are asking. If it is a photocopy of his tax return, it needs W2 as well to be valid. Read the form instructions for optional proofs.

Stand alone document means it all by itself meets the requirement. If you have transcripts you have all you need.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

cheers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.