tnadit

Canadian pharmacist trying to get intern pharmacy job in usa

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I am new here. I am a Canadian pharmacist. I recently passed my usa exams and am trying to find intern pharmacy job in usa...I am in the usa as a visitor and want to change my status to student. Is it possible? will any pharmacy sponser me?

please advise me

thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You took the board exam (NAPLEX/NABP), so you are not a student. Are you looking for an internship or job? Confused. How/why did you take USA exams?

There are plenty of pharmacists in the USA, so finding a job might be tough. Wal-Mart seems to hire a lot of pharmacists from our local pharmacy school. Walgreens, too.

Timeline

You took the board exam (NAPLEX/NABP), so you are not a student. Are you looking for an internship or job? Confused. How/why did you take USA exams?

There are plenty of pharmacists in the USA, so finding a job might be tough. Wal-Mart seems to hire a lot of pharmacists from our local pharmacy school. Walgreens, too.

Hello,

I have fpgee certificate. I need to start my internship in usa. Because i am not a citizen and do not have ssn...is any pharmacy going to sponser me?

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pharmacist also falls under the TN visa for Canadians.

Is a pharmacy going to sponsor you? That's up to the pharmacy.

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Your employer would need to file or be willing to file for a TN visa for you as a Canadian worker. They are not that hard or expensive to get but I don't see retail drug stores going through the process of getting a work visa unless there is a severe shortage of local labor. You may have luck in border towns close to Canada perhaps. I'm not that familiar with the pharmacist industry.

Hollywood North

Former: TN1, H1B, O1 worker

Currently: FB-1: I-551 approved in MTL 04/04/16. Issued 04/06/16.

Timeline

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I have a job offer however they want me work as a volunteer...what will happen in this case..I mean I have an employment letter that does not include my payment arrangments as I will be working as a volunteer....can anyone help me with this please??

thanks again for all the replies

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I have a job offer however they want me work as a volunteer...what will happen in this case..I mean I have an employment letter that does not include my payment arrangments as I will be working as a volunteer....can anyone help me with this please??

thanks again for all the replies

You can not work as a volunteer for a potential employer. "Volunteering" would be a violation of your admission to the US.

Timeline

You can not work as a volunteer for a potential employer. "Volunteering" would be a violation of your admission to the US.

Perfect. Thanks for the reply. I need to know whether the us employment letter along with my own documents are enough at the port of entry to usa or I still need DS-160 and I-129 (both of them or only one??)

can anyone help me with this?

much appreciated

Thanks a lot

Timeline

Perfect. Thanks for the reply. I need to know whether the us employment letter along with my own documents are enough at the port of entry to usa or I still need DS-160 and I-129 (both of them or only one??)

can anyone help me with this?

much appreciated

Thanks a lot

The employment letter would be a reason to deny you entry into the US since it shows your intention to violate US immigration laws. You can not legally work or volunteer for a potential US employer so the employment letter is a bad idea.

An I-160 at the POE is not going to help. You can not "volunteer" with an I-160 for a potential employer.

An I-129 at the POE is not going to help. Read the requirements. It's not that easy. You would need to get paid at the prevailing wage.

YOU NEED WORK AUTHORIZATION TO "VOLUNTEER." Bottom line . . . you can not "volunteer" in any capacity.

Timeline

The employment letter would be a reason to deny you entry into the US since it shows your intention to violate US immigration laws. You can not legally work or volunteer for a potential US employer so the employment letter is a bad idea.

An I-160 at the POE is not going to help. You can not "volunteer" with an I-160 for a potential employer.

An I-129 at the POE is not going to help. Read the requirements. It's not that easy. You would need to get paid at the prevailing wage.

YOU NEED WORK AUTHORIZATION TO "VOLUNTEER." Bottom line . . . you can not "volunteer" in any capacity.

What if I am paid and the letter shows that I am paid? do I still need DS-160 and I-129 ?

If my employer pays me.. what other forms do i still need to have with me besides my employment letter or jib offer....

thanks a lot

Timeline

What if I am paid and the letter shows that I am paid? You would need work authorization which you don't have. Showing that you will be paid will not help. do I still need DS-160 and I-129 ? An DS-160 does not have work authorization. Unless you have an approved visa with work authorization, bringing the I-129 with you is also useless.

If my employer pays me.. what other forms do i still need to have with me besides my employment letter or jib offer.... YOU NEED A VISA WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION.

thanks a lot

You are just not getting this.

You need a visa that authorizes you to work BEFORE YOU TRY TO ENTER THE US TO "VOLUNTEER" or WORK. PERIOD.

You can not come to the POE with an employment letter and visa forms. YOU NEED A VISA WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION.

Get the visa, then enter the US.

You don't seem to get that you just can't just enter the US with an employment letter and forms that have not been approved for a visa with work authorization. You will be denied entry and possibly ban from the US for attempting to enter with the intent to work or volunteer illegally without a visa with work authorization.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

You need a visa that authorizes you to work BEFORE YOU TRY TO ENTER THE US TO "VOLUNTEER" or WORK. PERIOD.

You can not come to the POE with an employment letter and visa forms. YOU NEED A VISA WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION.

You don't seem to get that you just can't just enter the US with an employment letter and forms that have not been approved for a visa with work authorization. You will be denied entry and possibly ban from the US for attempting to enter with the intent to work or volunteer illegally without a visa with work authorization.

if you say so, why does TN visa exist? TN visa needs proof of canadian citizenship and employment letter or job offer from us employer plus personal documents such as university degrees and so on. where does it say that TN visa applicant needs work authorization? I am really eager to know this..could you please help? all I know is that canadian citizen whose job is within the NAFTA list can apply for TN visaat the port of entry with employment letter, proof of canadian citizenship and some docs related to degree ..where does job authorization come from? please advise

thanks

But you are already in the US. You stated in your initial post that you are here as a visitor.

A TN visa doesn't work like that. You have to enter the US from Canada on a TN visa.

The posters here are trying to tell you that if you are here on a visitar visa and currently looking for a job then it is illegal.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

But you are already in the US. You stated in your initial post that you are here as a visitor.

A TN visa doesn't work like that. You have to enter the US from Canada on a TN visa.

The posters here are trying to tell you that if you are here on a visitar visa and currently looking for a job then it is illegal.

Hi there,

thanks. I will leave us soon and will apply for TN visa from Canada...so in this case there will be no problem right?

1) regarding the documents....would an employment letter from us employer be sufficient or I need work authorization too?

2) do I need form DS-160 and I-129 while entering us or not?

Thanks a lot for your responses!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You are absolutely incorrect.

TN visa applicants apply at the border with their passport with employment letter and forms.

Please stop spreading incorrect information.

Canadians generally have less hoops to jump through than other countries.

Hollywood North

Former: TN1, H1B, O1 worker

Currently: FB-1: I-551 approved in MTL 04/04/16. Issued 04/06/16.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.