slee0000

EAD card in production - how long til it comes in the mail?

56 posts in this topic

Yes, it's very possible that you will get your EAD in the mail and your GC right after it....

It happened to someone I know, EAD arrived and 1 week later the GC arrived. It depends where you are applying from. I am applying in Newark, NJ which is right now, one of the slowest local offices ever (FML). The whole process is taking around 11-12 months. So I have no expectations to get my interview anytime before Christmas lol.

MD is definitely quicker. The person I know who got EAD a week before GC applied in Louisiana (3 months total process #dream).

Well, Congrats! And good luck on your job hunting!

Hey guys,

so quick update.

I checked the case status on my AOS (I-485), and it says

On June 1, 2016, we scheduled you for your interview and mailed you an interview notice for Receipt Number **********. Your interview is on June 30, 2016. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

Does that mean I get my greencard before my EAD?

AOS filled: April 4th, 2016

Received in Chicago: April 5th, 2016 (Day 1).

NOA: April 9th, 2016

NOA for Biometrics schedule: April 20th. 2016

RFE: May 9th, 206 - (Left Page 3, Part 4 of I-864 blank)

Biometrics: May 12th, 2016 (Day 37)

Service Request for EAD: June 24th, 2016 (Day 80)

EAD Approved: July 2nd, 2016 (Day 88)

Advance Parole Approved: July 2nd, 2016 (Day 88)

EAD + AP Combo Card Delivered: July 9th, 2016 (Day 95)

Interview: January 10th, 2017

Green Card Approved: January 10th, 2017

Green Card Received: January 17th, 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just updated my post regarding the EAD. Some status updates and info from 2nd level Customer Support

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/596736-ead-time-frame-after-approved/page-2#entry8172725

Just updated my post regarding the EAD. Some status updates and info from 2nd level Customer Support

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/596736-ead-time-frame-after-approved/page-2#entry8172725

HEY!

I just happened to check my EAD status and it says that my card was mailed to me today, June 9th. Any news on your end?

Yes mine was updated last night and says June 8

yay! so you'll probably be getting yours by tomorrow or saturday! :) (hopefully)

Timeline

I also read somewhere in the forum that we can track our packages in USPS.

I don't see anywhere that the status update has tracking info.

Maybe there will be a status update with tracking but I don't think they will do that.... Could be wrong.

I read that they do give you a tracking number, but it is useless because it usually updates after you have already received your ead

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

You can go to usps.com and click on myusps and register your email and enter your address and sign up after the sign up process login to your account usps will notify you if you have any packages coming to your address(tracking number and package details)

Timeline

You can go to usps.com and click on myusps and register your email and enter your address and sign up after the sign up process login to your account usps will notify you if you have any packages coming to your address(tracking number and package details)

Just signed up and under MYUSPS - Package Dashboard it says "You currently have no scheduled deliveried." Disappointing....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.