Hasnain

Are tax returns necessary? (split)

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife is US national. She is living with me and is not doing any job.

My question. Is tax return are necessary for filling of I-30 petition.

Can we mail petition with supporting documents to US from pakistan

Edited by Hasnain

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** split from topic by other member- please create your own thread for your own case/ questions *****

If she never worked, she was not required to file tax returns, and can simply write a short explanation as to why she was not required to file; this comes at NVC stage, not with the initial petition. She will still need to file a I-864 affadavit of support, even if it is all zeroes, and you will need a US based co-sponsor to take on the burden of financial support/ standing guarantoor for you.

Yes, you can send the I-130 from abroad to the lockbox.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Your job won't count, as it will stop when you immigrate to the USA.

Assets can be used, though usually need to be US based, not abroad. It may be worth for you two (or just her if you cannot get a tourist visa) to visit the USA, open a bank account there and transfer the assets as well as look for housing, start registering for jobs, enroll kids in school if you have any etc. This will help prove her intent to establish domicile in the USA, which is also a requirement.

You need three times as much in assets/ savings as income, so if it is just you and her, no kids or other dependents, around $65'000.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 1 month later...
Timeline

***** split from topic by other member- please create your own thread for your own case/ questions *****

If she never worked, she was not required to file tax returns, and can simply write a short explanation as to why she was not required to file; this comes at NVC stage, not with the initial petition. She will still need to file a I-864 affadavit of support, even if it is all zeroes, and you will need a US based co-sponsor to take on the burden of financial support/ standing guarantoor for you.

Yes, you can send the I-130 from abroad to the lockbox.

Is it necessary to file tax returns and affidavit of support with I-30 petition?

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove double post.

Timeline

You send tax returns and everything else related to the financial support at NVC stage.

There are three staged to getting a spousal visa: USCIS, NVC, embassy. it takes about a year from sending in the first papers to interview.

mod penguin.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

You need to read our Guides, all the info is provided there.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

my question is form FS-240 is neceassry or birth certificate issued by Pakistani authority is meet the requirement because my wife was born in Pakistan and had got nationality through parents. at the time of getting US nationality she submitted birth certificate issued by Pakistani Authority.

Edited by Hasnain

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

my question is form FS-240 is neceassry or birth certificate issued by Pakistani authority is meet the requirement because my wife was born in Pakistan and had got nationality through parents. at the time of getting US nationality she submitted birth certificate issued by Pakistani Authority.

Naturalization Certificate

U.S passport

U.S birth certificate

Are all acceptable proof of U.S citizenship.

Edited by SB&RH

Timeline

my wife was not born in USA, she was born in Pakistan, so she has pakistani birth certificate

That doesn't prove that she is a US citizen, she will need to have something that proves that,k such as her CRBA (Consular Record of Birth Abroad), or US passport.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.