JQ85

*Call logs... How to show consulate?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiancé is from the Philippines and I am from the U.S. We have been together for over 2 years. The first year and a half, we emailed predominately and I have all of those to print/show as proof for the K-1 visa. However, over the past 6 months, we've ceased most emails and Skype/Facetime everyday.

- Has anyone else used Skype logs/Face time as proof? I've heard people mention Skype but never FaceTime, which also shows the duration/frequency of our calls...

- Also, how can I show either of these to consulate (for anyone who's used these successfully)?? Do you guys also recommend us to continue emails, or would they understand we emailed which transitioned to Skype after a while?? We do still email, just not as frequently. However, we Skype/Facetime at least an hour or so every day - *AND* Viber text all day in between. Can I also show the Viber stuff somehow??

Filed: Timeline

*Also, we use Skype to actually SEE/TALK... We never really use it to text. Skype DOES show the duration of our calls... Will printing all of these be good enough proof?? Or is it bad that we don't really text with it?? I would think calls of an hour or 2 with the durations shown would be better proof, no?

My fiancé is from the Philippines and I am from the U.S. We have been together for over 2 years. The first year and a half, we emailed predominately and I have all of those to print/show as proof for the K-1 visa. However, over the past 6 months, we've ceased most emails and Skype/Facetime everyday.

- Has anyone else used Skype logs/Face time as proof? I've heard people mention Skype but never FaceTime, which also shows the duration/frequency of our calls...

- Also, how can I show either of these to consulate (for anyone who's used these successfully)?? Do you guys also recommend us to continue emails, or would they understand we emailed which transitioned to Skype after a while?? We do still email, just not as frequently. However, we Skype/Facetime at least an hour or so every day - *AND* Viber text all day in between. Can I also show the Viber stuff somehow??

Hi! I'm currently updating our proof of ongoing relationship and we're in the same situation. We use Facetime to talk everyday and Hangouts to chat all day. We used iMessage also (before my account got messed up!) i'm goibg to include those there. Not worried about it.

Just show the Facetime logs and include your Viber conversations. Hangouts previously was a lot like Viber so what I did was I made sure I was showing the dates of our chats.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

With Skype/Yahoo and such when we used them I was rather basic and did a copy/paste from there to my word processor program, I bought a small variety of this to the interview.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I can tell about skype: if you have a long skype histoty, getting it out of skype manually is a pain, we used skypelogview program to do it for us. This has been discussed not so long ago, I remember http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/594801-skype-log-for-k-1-visa/#entry8137781

As for the video calls, we took a few screenies with us talking on skype, adding it to the proof pile.

Edited by Ree Ren

K1:

Service Center: California
I-129F Sent: 2016-02-02
I-129F NOA1: 2016-02-08
I-129F NOA2: 2016-04-08
I-129F NOA2(paper): 2016-04-14

NVC case# assigned: 2016-04-28

In transit: 2016-05-02

Ready 2016-05-04

Administrative processing 2016-05-10

Email from the embassy: 2016-05-11

Medical: 2016-05-12

Interview: 2016-05-25 - approved!

POE: 6/18/2016

SSN received: 07/01/2016

Marriage: 07/15/2016

AOS:

AOS/EAD/AP filed: 07/26/2016

Text/email notifications: 08/02/2016

Check cashed 08/03/2016

NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP 08/08/2016

Biometrics: 08/25/2016

EAD/AP 10/25/2016

Interview 09/19/2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Just provide what you can and not overdue it, but overall have sufficient amounts of all the requirements for the interview, we printed out about 25 pages of viber chat (beginning dates and latest dates) even that we hade some voxer and whats app chats too available we didn't bring. in the long run the CO didn't even bother looking at it in detail but just having a stack of chats in view was enough.

Be prepared for just about any questions......My girl was asked how long I am at my current job and it's 11 years then they asked what I did before that and she didn't know , I never told her that ? I had even forgotten what I did before my current job, crazy question but be prepared for anything...good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.