Ares

May 2016 I-129f Filers (merged)

1,534 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Our NOA2 was done 7/28 and now we're getting ready for the next steps. I had a few questions about the process from here forward.

1) I'm planning on taking two weeks vacation to go to Manila for the interview. Any chance that I can do that and we can both return to the USA together?

2) My fiancee works in Saudi Arabia and formerly worked in Libya. I've heard that you don't have to get police clearance from these countries but can't find the list. Either way, it will be very difficult to get these police clearances. Does anyone have experience with this?

3) On a different thread I read that the medical is really for AOS and not totally necessary for the K1 part prior to embassy interview. Is that true?

Thank you,

Christian and Liz

1.) i don't think two weeks is long enough to go to Manila, do the medical then wait 5-7 days (the recommended wait time) do the interview and then get visa in hand to fly back.

2.) I think you need a police clearance for any country that your fiancé was in for longer than 6 months

3.) the medical is mandatory for the interview and also to obtain the visa, you can use some of the vaccination records for AOS at a later date I believe.

I'd recommend you go over to the Philippines forum and ask the same questions. There are two guys over there (Hank and Greenbaum) that are very knowledgeable and can help you.

K1 Visa

5-04-16 – Mailed I-129F

5-12-16 - NOA 1

7-18-16 - NOA 2

7-25-16 - Hard copy of NOA 2

8-03-16 - NVC case number assigned

8-09-16 – Consulate received

8-24-16 – Interview date @ USEM - Approved!

9-16-16 - CFO completed in Cebu

9-22-16 - P.O.E. Boston, MA

10-08-16 - Wedding!

AOS

10-29-16 - Submitted AOS with EAD/AP applications

11-02-16 - AOS package delivered to USCIS Chicago lockbox

11-16-16 - NOA1 Text message with receipt numbers

11-21-16 - Received NOA1 Hard Copies
12-05-16 - Biometrics

02-14-17 - Received EAD/AP Combo card

04-24-17 - Received notification of AOS approval w/o interview

04-27-17 - Received hard copy of AOS approval

05-03-17 - Received Green card

ROC

04-08-19 - Submitted ROC Form I-751 

04-26-19 - Received I-797 NOA Hard copy

05-17-19 - Received I-797C NOA Biometrics Appt.

12-17-20. Interview: approved

12-26-20 Received Green card

N400 citizenship 

09-29-20 Submitted N400 form

10-07-20 Received NOA

12-28-20 Interview: approved 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone. We just filed in our petition two months ago. I have a b1/B2 visa valid for 2 years. Can i travel to go see my fiancee for a vacation. Will the officer at the port of entry know that a petition was filed for me.

Hello Everyone,

Our NOA2 was done 7/28 and now we're getting ready for the next steps. I had a few questions about the process from here forward.

1) I'm planning on taking two weeks vacation to go to Manila for the interview. Any chance that I can do that and we can both return to the USA together?

2) My fiancee works in Saudi Arabia and formerly worked in Libya. I've heard that you don't have to get police clearance from these countries but can't find the list. Either way, it will be very difficult to get these police clearances. Does anyone have experience with this?

3) On a different thread I read that the medical is really for AOS and not totally necessary for the K1 part prior to embassy interview. Is that true?

Thank you,

Christian and Liz

1. To be honest, no it's going to be almost impossible. The embassy is taking 2-3 weeks alone to deliver the visa after she completes the interview.

2. check here for what is needed http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

3. The medical is for both the interview and AOS. More so for the interview because they will not let you complete your visa without a medical.

Stop over to my website for the step by step process for the Embassy in the Philippines. http://tinyurl.com/ob9xoa8

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our medical is Friday and our interview is booked! The earliest date for the London Embassy was 9/23 but we will keep checking back for earlier dates!

Congrats everyone on recent approvals and hoping for a quick process for everyone!?

That's great news! My fiance is in London and in there process of getting everything together for his medical.

Hi guys

My case says ready on the ceac website, does this mean it's at the embassy? How can I give them an adress to mail me pkt 3 and any idea on waiting time? Thank you x

Yes it means it is at the Embassy and ready for scheduling. Change your address is done here: https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

I can tell you that P3 for GUZ is only 4 line items

1. DS-160 Confirmation Page

2. Copy of Passport Personal Page

3. 2 Passport style photos White Background, Well Lit, 50mm x 50mm

4. Return the P3 instructions page

#4 is what prevents people in China from getting a head start, they want the instructions page mailed back with the requested documents.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You probably won't receive the letter from NVC until after the packet has already been sent to the embassy. It is suggested to begin calling 2-3 weeks after receiving NOA 2 and ask if your case has been received, and get the case number. You can register there using the number to track it from NVC. Once the embassy receives, they will notify your fiancé with packet 3. Search the country specific forums for your embassy for more detailed information.

For whatever reason I haven't been able to find a clear-cut explanation of what order certain things happen in, and it's stressing me out because I'm still in the process of acquiring supporting documents for the affidavit of support and want to submit everything in as timely of a manner as I can.

So:

After the case is forwarded to the NVC, does the DS-260 need to be completed and reviewed/approved before the NVC will forward the case to the consulate?

- OR -

Will the case be forwarded to the consulate, and then the DS-260 instructions will be included in packet 3 (DS-260 to be completed after the case arrives at the consulate)?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Edited by Sharky/Neale

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For whatever reason I haven't been able to find a clear-cut explanation of what order certain things happen in, and it's stressing me out because I'm still in the process of acquiring supporting documents for the affidavit of support and want to submit everything in as timely of a manner as I can.

So:

After the case is forwarded to the NVC, does the DS-260 need to be completed and reviewed/approved before the NVC will forward the case to the consulate?

- OR -

Will the case be forwarded to the consulate, and then the DS-260 instructions will be included in packet 3 (DS-260 to be completed after the case arrives at the consulate)?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Sorry, I meant DS-160 in both cases - not DS-260!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So:

- OR -

Please advise.

Thank you!

From my understanding, the case goes from USCIS to NVC. NVC does whatever it is they do with the case beyond giving it a new number, and forwards to the correct embassy. Then you receive packet 3 and your work begins again.

The DS-160 is one of the components of packet 3 for Canadians; not sure if it works differently elsewhere. Google "Montreal k-1 packet 3" and you should get the same form online as you get from the consulate itself. I don't think you can submit anything earlier than you receive it from the consulate, but you can at least read ahead and start preparing yourself. Packet 4 too, after that, can also be found on a quick Google search :)

Hope that helps!

Edited by VividDreamer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We got approved last night, I just woke up ( 9am UK time here) and saw the NOA2!!!!!

good luck to everyone still waiting, if you're like me you were losing patience, but just stick with it!

Hey Guys,

My NO1 was 5/25 and yesterday i got my NO2 (8/8) approval :) so happy. Now let start to collect documents. any suggestion about calling NVC about 2 weeks?

Regards,

Also forgot to ask. My fiancee got her master in houston and she only stayed 4 months each semester in 2 years. Do you think does she need Police report From USA? it states that police reports needs when you stay more than 6 months. she did not stay 6 months each but overall she did in 2 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Guys,

My NO1 was 5/25 and yesterday i got my NO2 (8/8) approval :) so happy. Now let start to collect documents. any suggestion about calling NVC about 2 weeks?

Regards,

Congratulations. I started calling NVC 9 calendar days after NOA2 and called every day except on weekends until I received at 16 calendar days.

K1 Visa

5-04-16 – Mailed I-129F

5-12-16 - NOA 1

7-18-16 - NOA 2

7-25-16 - Hard copy of NOA 2

8-03-16 - NVC case number assigned

8-09-16 – Consulate received

8-24-16 – Interview date @ USEM - Approved!

9-16-16 - CFO completed in Cebu

9-22-16 - P.O.E. Boston, MA

10-08-16 - Wedding!

AOS

10-29-16 - Submitted AOS with EAD/AP applications

11-02-16 - AOS package delivered to USCIS Chicago lockbox

11-16-16 - NOA1 Text message with receipt numbers

11-21-16 - Received NOA1 Hard Copies
12-05-16 - Biometrics

02-14-17 - Received EAD/AP Combo card

04-24-17 - Received notification of AOS approval w/o interview

04-27-17 - Received hard copy of AOS approval

05-03-17 - Received Green card

ROC

04-08-19 - Submitted ROC Form I-751 

04-26-19 - Received I-797 NOA Hard copy

05-17-19 - Received I-797C NOA Biometrics Appt.

12-17-20. Interview: approved

12-26-20 Received Green card

N400 citizenship 

09-29-20 Submitted N400 form

10-07-20 Received NOA

12-28-20 Interview: approved 

For those that have received approval of NOA2, at what time of day are you getting notification from USCIS? Is it throughout the day or is it after they close at night? Just curious. Thanks

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

Sent I-485: December 20, 2016

USCIS delivered: December 23, 2016

USCIS received: December 27, 2016

I-765 Notice Date: January 12, 2017

I-131 Notice Date: January 12, 2017

I-485 Notice Date: January 12, 2017

Biometrics Date: February 10, 2017

I-765 Approved: March 30, 2017 (93 days)

I-131 Approved: March 30, 2017 (93 days)

I-485 Approved: June 6, 2017 (161 days)

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

Sent I-751: May 6, 2019

USCIS delivered: May 9, 2019

USCIS received: May 9, 2019

I-751 Notice Date: May 14, 2019

I-751 received Date: May 17, 2019

Biometrics received Date: June 8, 2019

Biometrics Date: June 20, 2019

Transfer to PSC Date: February 20, 2020

RFI received Date: October 20, 2020

RFI submitted to USCIS Date: January 14, 2021

ADIT Stamp received: March 3, 2021

ADIT Stamp received: March 24, 2021

I-751/N-400 Combo Interview Scheduled: April 7, 2022

I-751 Approved: April 7, 2022 (1064 days)

Citizenship Journey

Spoiler

N-400 Submitted Online: March 05, 2021

USCIS received: March 05, 2021

N-400 Notice Date: March 05, 2021

I-751/N-400 Combo Interview Scheduled: April 7, 2022

N-400 Approved: April 7, 2022 (398 days)

Oath Ceremony: April 7, 2022 (398 days)

Certificate of Naturalization Issued: April 7, 2022 (398 days)

For those that have received approval of NOA2, at what time of day are you getting notification from USCIS? Is it throughout the day or is it after they close at night? Just curious. Thanks

I got my finacee's around 9.30 pm last night. But i believe it could be anytime.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.