vbtwo

I-751 May 2016 Filers

1,738 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, f10295 said:

Looking for assistance with a RFE. Any help would be appreciated:

Notice Date is 5/18/17 and Deadline to reply is 8/13/17.

"You submitted: a bank statement, income tax documents, a health insurance card, an employment benefit document, identification documents, and a marriage certificate in support of your marital relationship.

The bank statement shows that you and your spouse share a common financial account; however, you have not established that this account is used by both you and your spouse to manage common financial resources. Specifically, it covers on a one month span of your marriage.

The joint income tax documents from 2015 do not indicate whether the tax returns were accepted by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)."

How am I able to established that we both use the account? Would her own personal account with the same address help? The statement only spanned one month of our marriage because it was a monthly statement...ugh.

How am I able to established that the tax returns were accepted by the IRS?

Funny, how they have no comments on all the remaining documents I submitted.

It's very frustrating that I have waited almost 13 months for this reply. On top of that, they are very clear in the RFE to let me know that "because many immigration benefits are time sensitive, you are encouraged to respond to this request as early as possible"

I made an InfoPass appointment two weeks ago and we were given a temporary card that extended the GC status for one year, as the passport was not available. Is it possible to be done with all this and apply for citizenship?

It would help a lot if you both had direct deposits going to the same account. You should highlight those deposits if you do. It would help if both of you write checks from this account. If you do, print cancelled checks baring your spouse's signature and some baring yours (like rent checks). That would be more than enough to prove you both use the accounts.

Good Luck!

AOS (I-485) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

March.....17, 2014..........Package Mailed

March.....20, 2014..........Package Received

April........25, 2014..........Biometrics Taken

June.........7, 2014..........Received EAD (mailbox)

June.......10, 2014..........Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC (hellish experience but approved on the spot)

June.......16, 2014..........Received GC (mailbox)

ROC (I-751) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

April.......23, 2016...........Package Mailed

April.......26, 2016...........Package Accepted (NOA Receipt Letter - Conditional Status Extended)

June......10, 2016...........Biometrics Taken

April.........8, 2017...........Conditions Lifted (Application Approved)

April......14, 2017............Approval Letter Received (USPS Stamp Dated April 11, 2017)

May.........1, 2017............Received 10 yr GC (mailbox)

Naturalization (N-400) - National Benefits Center | NYC Field Office (3 year Rule)

April....17, 2017.............Package Mailed

April....19, 2017.............Package Received 

May.....19, 2017.............Biometrics Taken

May.....26, 2017.............In Line for Interview

Sep.....12, 2017.............Interview at Federal Plaza (Recommended)

Sep.....27, 2017.............Oath Ceremony (Federal Plaza) - My journey has ended. Will be starting the AOS process for my mom soon. Another chapter will be written.

US Passport & Card: 2017 Applicants
======================================
==================================================
UserName......|Expedited|Sent....|CheckCash|TrackDate|PASSPORT|PPT-CARD|NAT CERT|Location

Private One...|No.......|09/30/17|10/04/17.|10/04/17.|10/14/17|No......|10/13/17|New York, NY

Hey everyone today our status changed to card being produced. We are beyond excited!!!! How long did you guys wait before getting actual card...we are moving next wednesday and wondering if we should bother changing the address with uscis or if we should just do it at the post office and have it forwarded to our new address. I think if you do it with the post office they forward mail for a week. Thanks 

Btw it was 1 year and 2 days from the date on our first  NOA letter. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
27 minutes ago, mamani86 said:

Hey everyone today our status changed to card being produced. We are beyond excited!!!! How long did you guys wait before getting actual card...we are moving next wednesday and wondering if we should bother changing the address with uscis or if we should just do it at the post office and have it forwarded to our new address. I think if you do it with the post office they forward mail for a week. Thanks 

Btw it was 1 year and 2 days from the date on our first  NOA letter. 

Congrats! My status updated to that too today. From what i've seen on avg it takes about 2-3 wks from production to delivery. I think i saw someone saying cards are produced in Virginia, might be sooner for states that are closer.

I probably won't change it with USCIS but do the mail forwarding, given the short period of time, and since they are infamous for mixing up mailing addresses....

Edit: on second thought, given also the holiday weekend and things, they might not be able to mail it out until right before/during/after your move. Once they mail it out it could take another week or two.. Sorry not being very helpful here...

Edited by Lavazza_K
Second thought

2 hours ago, Lavazza_K said:

Congrats! My status updated to that too today. From what i've seen on avg it takes about 2-3 wks from production to delivery. I think i saw someone saying cards are produced in Virginia, might be sooner for states that are closer.

I probably won't change it with USCIS but do the mail forwarding, given the short period of time, and since they are infamous for mixing up mailing addresses....

Edit: on second thought, given also the holiday weekend and things, they might not be able to mail it out until right before/during/after your move. Once they mail it out it could take another week or two.. Sorry not being very helpful here...

Mine changed to Card in production on 05/15/2017, on 05/17/2017 changed to card mailed, and on 05/22/2017 card was received.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys,

I got my RFE last week. I just wonder how long does RFE take? I prepare to have an international trip on August? I am afraid it will have an interview then. Thanks! Congrats to those who have been approved!

Filed: Timeline
15 hours ago, Starkilla09 said:

Transaction pages on the monthly statements are vital as they can see it's an active shared account with money getting in and out for a while, and not just a last minute opened account to circumvent the immigration process by fraud. Since it's a joint one showing both of your names you're good! 

Now other forms of evidence include wills, medical power of attorney, joint lease, joint memberships ( Costco, gym, Sam's club), other joint financial liabilities like joint credit card statements ( even if you're an authorized user), 401K/ retirement account listing each other as beneficiary, joint bills ( electricity, water, sewage, garbage) joint insurance ( car, health, life). USCIS places emphasis highly on joint financial liabilities. You should be fine after supplying those statements, tax transcripts and any other that you can lay hands on. 

6 hours ago, Private One said:

It would help a lot if you both had direct deposits going to the same account. You should highlight those deposits if you do. It would help if both of you write checks from this account. If you do, print cancelled checks baring your spouse's signature and some baring yours (like rent checks). That would be more than enough to prove you both use the accounts.

Good Luck!

Thank you both. I was able to download nearly 3 years of bank statements. I will highlight her direct deposits and mine. Unfortunately, we don't have checks so can't provide cancelled checks.

For some reason, the IRS wasn't able to verify my phone number so I have to wait for a code in the mail before I can sign up and get transcripts.

22 minutes ago, zmj617 said:

Hi guys,

I got my RFE last week. I just wonder how long does RFE take? I prepare to have an international trip on August? I am afraid it will have an interview then. Thanks! Congrats to those who have been approved!

Rectify what the RFE requested of you. You may not get an interview. A friend of mine had RFE last year and he fixed what they were asking for, next he received his Green Card. It took about 2 months following submission of documents.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, PhilLuv said:

Mine changed to Card in production on 05/15/2017, on 05/17/2017 changed to card mailed, and on 05/22/2017 card was received.

Good to know, thank you! Mine was just updated to production this afternoon, given the holiday weekend, i don't think i will see it being sent out until next Tues, give it 3-7 business days to deliver putting it at earliest next Fri. My understanding is it comes in a priority mail package/envelope? 

For my application, I printed three months of bank statements each year from the time the account was opened til the month we filed the removal of conditions.

For the tax returns, go on the IRS link below: 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You can request to have them mailed to you, which can take up to 2 weeks with the holiday. You can also set up an account online and print those transcripts online. That's what I did. The only issue is that you will be asked come information from your returns and also some other personal info. That's the fastest way to get those transcripts.

Good luck with the RFE. If you have any joint credit card accounts, just print also a few statements from the time there were opened til today.

4 minutes ago, Lavazza_K said:

Good to know, thank you! Mine was just updated to production this afternoon, given the holiday weekend, i don't think i will see it being sent out until next Tues, give it 3-7 business days to deliver putting it at earliest next Fri. My understanding is it comes in a priority mail package/envelope? 

Tobe honest I am not sure how it came. Wifey picked it up from mailbox and gave me my card without the envelop when I arrived home. Didn't bother to ask which mail service was used - at the time all that mattered was that I got my card :)

Timeline
30 minutes ago, zmj617 said:

Hi guys,

You can check the spreadsheets for each month filers. April filers file for reference here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Mb-ALcbwQbYafLj4vFaEMjSGD-wfjtrycs3ul8QlUo/edit#gid=1686442271 From what I've seen recently it takes a month or 2 to hear a response. Chance of an interview isn't high unless your RFE response is not sufficient.

When does your extension expire? I'd suggest making sure your extension will not expire or very close to expiration when you come back to the US, if it does maybe get a stamp. But you should be able to hear something by August imo.

Best of luck!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, PhilLuv said:

Tobe honest I am not sure how it came. Wifey picked it up from mailbox and gave me my card without the envelop when I arrived home. Didn't bother to ask which mail service was used - at the time all that mattered was that I got my card :)

Haha, I feel ya. 

Hello everyone 

i wanna share my experience with you guy with 

the removal of conditional 

iam a may 2016 filler they received my application on may 20,2016 

on the same day the immigration received my application I got arrested for 4 felony charges I stayed 3 weeks in jail then I got released on a bond after that I went to the biometric and fingerprinted then after couple of month I got my case dismissed I sent to the immigrants the arrest record with the disposition sealed along with the receipt notice (Noa) then I got indicted on the same charges again then I got my case dismissed again and I sent to the immigration one more time my court disposition sealed like a week ago I went for infopass to extend my status the officer said she couldn't so I waited for 5 hours to stamp my passport the good news 

I just received my approval letter today after everything 

its been a year and 9 days 

by the way I have been married for 5 years my son is 4 yrs old

and I sent to the immigration a lot of documents to show them my marriage is real 

so if ur marriage is real and still waiting don't stress it u will get it 

good luck to all of you 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone,  

Approval letter came in today. It was on 05/23/2017 ( Vermont).  Waiting for the actual card now! I hope all he people waiting get their approval soon.

Dated my husband for 7 years

Married July 29,2013

USCIS

August 21st, 2013: NOA 1

February 21st, 2014: Transferred to California

March 4th, 2014: NOA 2

March 8th, 2014: NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 14, 2014 Case received by NVC

April 14, 2014: Case number, IIN and BIN assigned :dancing:

April 21, 2014: AOS & IV Bill Invoiced & Paid

April 21, 2014: EP enrollment sent

April 24, 2014 : AOS Bill showing paid

April 25, 2014 : IV Bill showing paid

April 29, 2014: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

May 22, 2014: EP enrollment confirmation received

May 27, 2014: Completed DS-260 & email IV package

June 2, 2014: AOS reviewed and approved

June 19, 2014: Sent missing document (mistake made by paralegal) :ranting:

July 1, 2014: Case Complete! :dance:

July 9, 2014: Received CC email

July 9, 2014-Interview August 18 received date by phone :dance:
July 10,2014-Consulate Received

July 16, 2014: Re-schedule interview for August 5th
July 16, 2014-Medical
August 5, 2014-Interview Visa approved :dancing::dancing:
August 8, 2014 -Visa in Hand :dance: :dance:

POE Montreal: August 11, 2014 :jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.