Saddle Bronc

Minneapolis Muslim Cashiers refuse to scan pork products

177 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Muslims used to have to storm a nation's borders with swords to impliment Sharia and forced conversions, now they use our immigration laws and liberal stupidity against us to do it one step at a time.

and of course, Chrisitans never spread anything by the sword....

And that makes a difference how? I never forced anyone to adopt my religion or make accommodations because of my beliefs. Why should it be OK for them to do it to me? I don't see why the sins of the fathers should have any bearing on this. They are here and are trying to force their beliefs on us. It isn't right.

Your just trying to deflect the issue.

The entire country is set up to make accommodations for Christians. (Just look at the holidays on the calendar.)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Muslims used to have to storm a nation's borders with swords to impliment Sharia and forced conversions, now they use our immigration laws and liberal stupidity against us to do it one step at a time.

And that makes a difference how? I never forced anyone to adopt my religion or make accommodations because of my beliefs. Why should it be OK for them to do it to me? I don't see why the sins of the fathers should have any bearing on this. They are here and are trying to force their beliefs on us. It isn't right.

The entire country is set up to make accommodations for Christians. (Just look at the holidays on the calendar.)

If you want accomodations on holiday issues....

Then one can use India (where the holidays of the "big 3" religions, plus Baisakhi, are all official) as the model.

(note: by "big 3", I used India-only definition which is Hindu, Muslim and Christian in descending order)

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

and brother gary, i have neither forced anyone either..or has sanita or has any muslim i know..or have i ask anyone to make accomadations for me at work..this was an isolated incident..there are 4 million muslims in american..how often do you read about this.?

and why were you not offended by the orginal psoters comments?

But this is not about religous concerns, obviously.

What is it about then? Are they just trying to piss us off?

Yup. Taking advantage of our tolerant culture.

bullsh!t

I agree. total bullsh!t.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I see nothing wrong with it. The overwhelming majority of Americans are Christians.

Any 'rights' that non-Christians have here have been granted to those people by Christians.

They should be grateful and show a little respect.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

So what are you saying? Give everyones religion equal footing or taking away everyones accommodations? The former would mean that there would be very hard to implement and the latter would destroy a lot of traditions that the majority enjoy. This country was founded on Christian values just as some of the countries in the ME are founded on their religion. They are not about to accommodate the Christian beliefs so why should we change? When you move to another country you have to adapt to that countries customs and not expect everyone to change to meet your customs.

Go ahead. Open a Christian bookstore in the ME. I'm sure that will 'accommodate' you.

104%20Casket,%20Boozers%20Fireplug,%20Black%20Wreath%20-%20SBrown.jpg

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yup, memorial day is a christian holiday :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Try living a christian/jewish life style in a mulim country.... see how far they are willing to accommodate you.....

Kez

i'll go one better with you - try being a druid in the sahara :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

funny people.

i'm waiting for the muslim somali women walking into a hooters in a burqa and applying for a job - refusing to wear the typical hooters outfit then turn around and suing hooters for discrimination.

these people shouldn't be working at target, or any grocery store if they don't want to sell pork/alchohol. that's what target does - sell a multitude of items that are not halal (halal is the muslim equivalent of kosher). all the meat in the meat section is not halal. there are numerous products sold in grocery stores that contain byproducts that can originate from pigs. do they refuse to sell all of them as well?

i remember going to a wendy's once and asking for bar-b-q sauce - when i drove up to the counter, the guy working it was some bengali guy. he gave me the bar-b-q sauce, and seeing that i was muslim thought he'd tell me that the sauce had 'something' in it and it was haram (forbidden, much like pork - usually when someone says a certain food item is 'haram', the reason is because it has pork or a pork byproduct in the ingredients). i asked him what exactly was in the sauce that was 'haram'. he didn't know. that wasn't good enough for me, i took my sauce and was on my way.

a few days later, back at the same wendy's, i have the displeasure of having him fill my order again. now he tells me 'oh man, i told you it was haram'. i told him that i needed to know why - and since he didn't know, that really wasn't good enough. so now, since he's bent on saving my soul from hell and can't phathom the thought that i continue to eat this sauce - he tells me the sauce is 25 cents.

completely insulted - insulted at the fact that he is attempting to prevent me for eating this sauce for no good reason (or not good enough) - and hiss means of prevention is trying to scare me off by telling me it's 25 cents. it wasn't his job. his job is to serve me food. regardless of what i order. i almost wanted to order all the bacon in the store just to give him an annuyeurism. nevertheless, went to his manager, chewed him out, got my sauce.

later learned he would do this to other customers who tried to order this sauce and he believed they were muslims - needless to say, he didn't work there much longer.

if you have a problem (religious or political) with what your company does or sells - you shouldn't be working there! and they shouldn't have to accomodate you either. get another job, and they can find another employee.

Timeline

3/09/07 - Mailed out I-751 to TSC - expiration date is 03/13/07 - Cutting it close!

3/12/07 - USPS confirms delivery

3/13/07 - Check clears bank

3/21/07 - Reciept for BioMetrics Fee

So if ME countries were to be accommodating of Christians everyone would change their mind on this matter?

No, that is their business how they run their country. This is America. We decide how we run things here. We are very tolerant of other cultures here. We allow anyone to live however they want. However it isn't right for the majority to give up our culture because of a minority that doesn't like it. If a Muslim wants to open a store and not sell pork or booze no one is going to go into that store and insist that they sell it.

Filed: Timeline
If a Muslim wants to open a store and not sell pork or booze no one is going to go into that store and insist that they sell it.

I will. My religion specifically requires all convenience stores to stock Grey Goose. And by God, no one shall deny me what the good Lord hath granted me!

funny people.

i'm waiting for the muslim somali women walking into a hooters in a burqa and applying for a job - refusing to wear the typical hooters outfit then turn around and suing hooters for discrimination.

these people shouldn't be working at target, or any grocery store if they don't want to sell pork/alchohol. that's what target does - sell a multitude of items that are not halal (halal is the muslim equivalent of kosher). all the meat in the meat section is not halal. there are numerous products sold in grocery stores that contain byproducts that can originate from pigs. do they refuse to sell all of them as well?

i remember going to a wendy's once and asking for bar-b-q sauce - when i drove up to the counter, the guy working it was some bengali guy. he gave me the bar-b-q sauce, and seeing that i was muslim thought he'd tell me that the sauce had 'something' in it and it was haram (forbidden, much like pork - usually when someone says a certain food item is 'haram', the reason is because it has pork or a pork byproduct in the ingredients). i asked him what exactly was in the sauce that was 'haram'. he didn't know. that wasn't good enough for me, i took my sauce and was on my way.

a few days later, back at the same wendy's, i have the displeasure of having him fill my order again. now he tells me 'oh man, i told you it was haram'. i told him that i needed to know why - and since he didn't know, that really wasn't good enough. so now, since he's bent on saving my soul from hell and can't phathom the thought that i continue to eat this sauce - he tells me the sauce is 25 cents.

completely insulted - insulted at the fact that he is attempting to prevent me for eating this sauce for no good reason (or not good enough) - and hiss means of prevention is trying to scare me off by telling me it's 25 cents. it wasn't his job. his job is to serve me food. regardless of what i order. i almost wanted to order all the bacon in the store just to give him an annuyeurism. nevertheless, went to his manager, chewed him out, got my sauce.

later learned he would do this to other customers who tried to order this sauce and he believed they were muslims - needless to say, he didn't work there much longer.

if you have a problem (religious or political) with what your company does or sells - you shouldn't be working there! and they shouldn't have to accomodate you either. get another job, and they can find another employee.

You know, it annoys me that everyone assumes bengalis are all Muslim. About half of us arent. Anyway yeah your bengali is a chopfukc.

Edited by Gupt

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So what are you saying? Give everyones religion equal footing or taking away everyones accommodations? The former would mean that there would be very hard to implement and the latter would destroy a lot of traditions that the majority enjoy. This country was founded on Christian values just as some of the countries in the ME are founded on their religion. They are not about to accommodate the Christian beliefs so why should we change? When you move to another country you have to adapt to that countries customs and not expect everyone to change to meet your customs.

I agree that one should adapt to another country's customs if one moves there. I think this refusing to scan pork thing is silly, but I have a limited tolerance for religious traditions.

I was saying that I don't think you can make statements like "they are imposing their culture"/"they wouldn't accomodate me" etc etc when that's sort of silly. The whole country is based on the Christian way of life. Not a criticism of America, just an observation.

Timeline
So if ME countries were to be accommodating of Christians everyone would change their mind on this matter?

where's the trees? i can't practice my religion :ranting:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *