Sheenadao

Bank statement and time from medical exam to interview.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are bank statements necessary to go with the affidavit form? Would it be okay to just have the 1040, w2, paystubs, and letter of employment? My fiance is gonna be going to the manila embassy for her interview maybe next month and this is the only thing that im worrying about. I was also wondering how many days we should wait between the medical exam and the interview date.

Edited by Sheenadao

Filed: Country:
Timeline

As far as I was told, technically the only thing that is necessary is the affidavit. I would recommend bringing in the other supporting evidence as well just because it would only help to have more proof. But it is my understanding that the affidavit is all the financial proof that is required since I was only told to give the affidavit, and nowhere on that form does it ask you to bring in any other proof, it only requests that the petitioner sign the statement confirming that the information included is true.

As far as the medical, it might be different from country to country, but in my country (the Bahamas) it is possible to do the medical after the interview (but it is better to do it at least two weeks before). This I'm sure, is just because they understand that we cannot control 1) how long it will take before the Dr has time to see you and 2) how long it will take for the Dr. to gather all the information to give to the embassy

I'm no expert but hope that helps!!
If I am incorrect please do not hesitate to let me know, I'm still learning as well :content:

Fiancee Visa Timeline

1/7/16 - I-129F Sent

1/28/16 - NOA1

3/10/16 - NOA2

4/8/16 - NVC Sent

5/2/16 - Medical

5/2/16 - Interview

5/4/16 - Physical

5/10/16 - Dropped passport off at Embassy

5/12/16 - Visa in Hand

5/21/16 - POE

7/10/16 - Marriage

AOS Timeline

7/21/16 - Mailed packet

7/23/16 - Packet delivered

7/28/16 - NOA1

10/7/16 - Biometrics

11/30/16 - EAD/AP Approved

12/6.16 - EAD/AP Received

1/21/17 - New card ordered for production

1/23/17 - Greencard Approved (no interview)

1/24/17 - Greencard Mailed

1/26/17 - Greencard Received

• On Oct 13th AOS status was updated to say that a notice was returned due to post office being unable to deliver it. Tier two told me that it was biometrics or NOA1 (even though I had received both before this date).

• A few weeks later I received a notice dated Nov 10th, in regards to my call about the Oct 13th notice. The new notice said that there were no RFE's or withholding on my case. So still not sure what this Oct 13th notice was about.

• Received a letter from a NY office on Dec 23rd (dated Dec 10) stating that my medical was over 1 year old. (At this point my medical was only 7 months old)

• Teir two submitted an internal service request to which I got a response telling me that I need to respond to RFE ASAP

• Submitted another service request on 1/6/17. To which I got a response on 1/19/17 stating that my case was pending and is outside of processing time (no mention of RFE)

ROC Timeline

10/21/18 - Packet Sent

xx/xx/xx - NOA1

xx/xx/xx - NOA2

xx/xx/xx - Card Received

Timeline

Are bank statements necessary to go with the affidavit form? Would it be okay to just have the 1040, w2, paystubs, and letter of employment? My fiance is gonna be going to the manila embassy for her interview maybe next month and this is the only thing that im worrying about. I was also wondering how many days we should wait between the medical exam and the interview date.

That's about what I'm taking. I get statements mailed to me anyway, so they'll be in there also. Our medicals are this coming Monday; we set the interview for May 18th. I'm flying over on the 15th. Good luck to you. I'll be there about a month.

You won't need bank statements. Take along your I-134, 2015 tax return, W-2, and recent pay stubs. They may not ask for any of those, but if they do, you better have them with you.

Usually, people get their medical a week or two before the interview. You can cut it a bit closer than one week if you need to.

Edited by Tahoma

As far as I was told, technically the only thing that is necessary is the affidavit. I would recommend bringing in the other supporting evidence as well just because it would only help to have more proof. But it is my understanding that the affidavit is all the financial proof that is required since I was only told to give the affidavit, and nowhere on that form does it ask you to bring in any other proof, it only requests that the petitioner sign the statement confirming that the information included is true.

As far as the medical, it might be different from country to country, but in my country (the Bahamas) it is possible to do the medical after the interview (but it is better to do it at least two weeks before). This I'm sure, is just because they understand that we cannot control 1) how long it will take before the Dr has time to see you and 2) how long it will take for the Dr. to gather all the information to give to the embassy

I'm no expert but hope that helps!!

If I am incorrect please do not hesitate to let me know, I'm still learning as well :content:

The U.S. Embassy Manila's process is different than the process in the Bahamas.

Timeline

That's about what I'm taking. I get statements mailed to me anyway, so they'll be in there also. Our medicals are this coming Monday; we set the interview for May 18th. I'm flying over on the 15th. Good luck to you. I'll be there about a month.

Alright sounds good. Funny im gonna be going to see my fiance on the 15th aswell. Hopefully i get my mnl number soon so i can schedule the interview a couple days after i land

Timeline

You won't need bank statements. Take along your I-134, 2015 tax return, W-2, and recent pay stubs. They may not ask for any of those, but if they do, you better have them with you.

Usually, people get their medical a week or two before the interview. You can cut it a bit closer than one week if you need to.

Alright thats good to know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Philippines regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

SLEC can be done anytime before your interview, just be aware that the visa will USUALLY expire 6 months after the med exam not the USEM interview date.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

No bank statements are not required, nor are they needed 99% of the time. ;)

Follow the embassy instructions letter for what is required

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/feb2015/K1-K2%20Applicant%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202015_.pdf

For details on the K-1 process for the Philippines - follow this link: http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/3-usem-k-1-visa

For the medical the embassy recommends at least 5-7 days before the interview.

" All immigrant visa applicants, regardless of age, need to complete a medical examination at the St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic (SLMCEC)before the visa interview. Applicants are advised to have their medical examinations done 5-7 working days prior their interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Manila; failure to complete the exam within the prescribed time frame may result in significant visa processing delays. Applicants are also strongly encouraged to register online with SLMCEC at their website: www.slec.ph prior to their visit. Registering online will save processing time and make the visit to SLMCEC faster and more efficient.

SLMCEC is located at 1177 J. Bocobo Street, Ermita, Manila. They can be reached by telephone at (632) 521-0020 and (632) 521-8647. SLMCEC is open from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. It is best to arrive for your medical examination between 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Applicants are served on a first come first served basis, but the order of release of the medical reports will depend on the complexity of the results of the medical examination. "

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.