AmGe

Fiance illegally in country many years ago...

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

Well my fiancé are only 2 weeks in to the K-1 journey. The last stage of interview is a ways off but was wondering if anyone has faced something similar in their case. My fiancé was illegally in the U.S. many years ago, about 10. He left voluntarily. He did receive a ticket (motor vehicle) while here. Anybody have a similar circumstance? If so, did it come up in the interview? Would it be a factor considered in approval? Thanks for feedback!

My aunts ex was here illigally from DR he entered through Puerto Rico. He was deported and he committed several crimes the first he used fake papers and second he was arrested for narcotics. He was banned for 10 yrs he did his time... He was allowed re entry into the usa she brought him however he ended up doing some bad things so there not together.

Very long story ??? but at least your fiancee wasnt a convict like my aunts ? Theres hope...

Ps i do belive he had to get some type of permission though because of the crime from the senator and they had children in common

Best of luck???

Edited by Ana y Leo

Relationship Milestones?

01/15/2015~~~~1st met in DR

04/10/2015~~~~Our Romance Began?

10/21/2015~~~~Engagement ??❤️

02/11/2016~~~~Second trip to DR 19 wonderful days❤️

04/10/2016~~~~1 Year Anniversary ???

Visa Journey?

03/03/2016~~~~129-F Sent (overnight) Lewisville, TX ?

03/08/2016~~~~NOA-1 Received and sent to Cali Svc Ctr?

03/09/2016~~~~NOA-1 Hardcopy?

event.png

Coming Soon⌛️

NOA-2 Decision

Trip to Santo Domingo, DR 05/03/2016 - 05/10/2016✈️?????

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

Well my fiancé are only 2 weeks in to the K-1 journey. The last stage of interview is a ways off but was wondering if anyone has faced something similar in their case. My fiancé was illegally in the U.S. many years ago, about 10. He left voluntarily. He did receive a ticket (motor vehicle) while here. Anybody have a similar circumstance? If so, did it come up in the interview? Would it be a factor considered in approval? Thanks for feedback!

Need more information. Did he enter the US illegally or legally and then overstay? If the latter what status was he in? How long did he stay beyond the date on his I-94 and before he left? How many years ago exactly did he leave? Did he enter the US more than once or was that the only time he was in the US?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

The ticket won't be an issue.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

He will definitely be asked about it. How much of an issue it will be depends o the questions asked by newacct.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

Hi! ok so i am going through what your going through!

My(Now husband) He was in the U.S 10 years, Never any crimial background Only one speeding ticket && He left the U.S voluntarily in Oct of 2014! (I left with him) To mexico

We had our first child in June of 2015

We married in October 2015 & Started his paper work rite away!

We are now waiting on our interview (7months after starting out paperwork)

I have a great lawyer who specializes in immigration only (She is in the U.S) She has assured us that we will be denied his visa at our interview

BECAUSE he entered the U.S without inspection and was their over 1years (He Will be on a 10 year ban)

SO because of that we are starting the process of a (WAIVER, Extreme Hardship) That will appeal his 10years ban and (From what my lawyer is saying) WILL get him his papers (She is almost certain)

We could be given an interview date any day now

Most likely it will be in juarez mexico (We live in Mx State)

I hope your husband has his paper work for a waiver being set up and i wish you all the best of luck! I would LOVE to know what happens in your case Fell free to email me anytime

Edited by Penguin_ie

Timeline

Need more information. Did he enter the US illegally or legally and then overstay? If the latter what status was he in? How long did he stay beyond the date on his I-94 and before he left? How many years ago exactly did he leave? Did he enter the US more than once or was that the only time he was in the US?

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. He entered illegally when he was 17 and stayed for 3 years. In August, it will be 10 years since he left. He left voluntarily; so he was not "caught" and deported. He only entered once.

Timeline

Hi! ok so i am going through what your going through!

Thanks for sharing your story! I am thinking that we would not be able to even bother with a waiver until the interview, Am I wrong? This year will make it 10 years since he left the U.S. We aren't married yet; going through the K-1 route.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your story! I am thinking that we would not be able to even bother with a waiver until the interview, Am I wrong? This year will make it 10 years since he left the U.S. We aren't married yet; going through the K-1 route.

;) We are currently waiting on our interview also and our lawyer has already began the process of starting our waiver! From what she has told me is we could get out second interview anywhere from days to two weeks after the first interview! Im still new to all this also so i have a ton of questions myself but i hope anything i can give helps

Timeline

My aunts ex was here illigally from DR he entered through Puerto Rico. He was deported and he committed several crimes the first he used fake papers and second he was arrested for narcotics. He was banned for 10 yrs he did his time... He was allowed re entry into the usa she brought him however he ended up doing some bad things so there not together.

Very long story ??? but at least your fiancee wasnt a convict like my aunts ? Theres hope...

Ps i do belive he had to get some type of permission though because of the crime from the senator and they had children in common

Best of luck???

Thanks for sharing your aunt's story! Yes, there is hope.

Filed: Timeline

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. He entered illegally when he was 17 and stayed for 3 years. In August, it will be 10 years since he left. He left voluntarily; so he was not "caught" and deported. He only entered once.

Then he should have no problem getting a visa after August. No waiver needed.

Edited by newacct

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A hijack post has been split from this thread, moved to the Waivers/AP forum, and given this topic title: "Waiver Case Pending; Extend K-1? [split topic]."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** Two posts edited for personal details. For your own privacy and safety, please never post email or postal addresses, full names, case or phone numbers online ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.