Eureka447

How much evidence for K1 interview in Ghana?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My fiance has his K1 interview in Ghana in 2 weeks, and we're wondering how much "proof of relationship" he should bring. I seriously have 2,000+ pages we could bring, but it seems like way too much to me. We front loaded our initial application with phone records, chat records (at least 1 chat per month since 2012), photos, and travel documents (it was about 150 pages double sided, so 300 pages total). I was thinking that maybe he should bring just new evidence that we have from the past 6 months? Any suggestions would be helpful (especially from those who have been approved in Ghana). Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

From the many threads I have seen quality beats quantity every time.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

My fiance has his K1 interview in Ghana in 2 weeks, and we're wondering how much "proof of relationship" he should bring. I seriously have 2,000+ pages we could bring, but it seems like way too much to me. We front loaded our initial application with phone records, chat records (at least 1 chat per month since 2012), photos, and travel documents (it was about 150 pages double sided, so 300 pages total). I was thinking that maybe he should bring just new evidence that we have from the past 6 months? Any suggestions would be helpful (especially from those who have been approved in Ghana). Thanks!

When you say "could bring". Do you have everything printed out or is it just an estimate?

goofy.gif My K-1 Timeline goofy.gif

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/05/2014 K-1 packet recieved
12/09/2013 Received email and text of NOA1
12//2013 Hard copy of NOA1 received
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
12/19/2013 Alien registration number changed
04/01/2014 NOA2 (apparently changes preempted RFE)
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

4/22/2014 Consulate Received

5/07/2014 Picked up packet 1

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

7/29/2014 Interview 2 (passed visa will be issued on 8/01/2014)
Texas Service Center

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes I agree . Quality beats quantity . Also since we front loaded I brought evidence starting from petition date till now and picked out conversations showing our intent to marry such as convos about the wedding, lovey dovey convos which is most of it anyway , and convos about post wedding life like house plans and what jobs he will be looking for when he gets here and deep talks about our selves like choices I want to make about let's say a career move but I asked him to give input . So they get the picture of how involved we are in each other life's minus the distance . we also FaceTime and talk on the phone everyday so I added the phone logs for petition till now and a ton of screenshots of face chat from different days to show that if there is a lack in text it's because most long convos are voice talk.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

quality over quanity , and avoid any ceremonies , knocking rites , dowrys or any type they label you as married and deny you ,ull do fine !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes I agree with the rest as long as the quality of your evidence is good then the quantity doesn't really matter. I also would like to reiterate what soulstriker said, please avoid knocking ceremonies and things like. If you did do the whole knocking ceremony I would avoid showing any evidence of that. Though the knocking ceremony is not marriage the CO will consider it as so. A lot of K1 visas I noticed are being denied because of it. I wish you two all the best and a successful interview. I hope you bring us good news back:-)

Timeline

Thanks guys, I think I'll go the route of printing out the evidence from petition date til now like A&Oforever did.

We didn't have any knocking rites or traditional ceremonies, although we had talked about it initially.... so glad we didn't now.

And yea, the whole "knowing each other for too long" thing. Ugh I feel like I've heard this as a major reason for denial recently, which I think is ridiculous. Isn't it better to know someone well before you get married? But yea, we're trying to prepare for that question at the interview. My fiance and I actually first met on my first trip to Ghana in 2007, but we were just friends and only kept in touch every once in a while (we were busy with school, had poor means of communication, were dating other people, etc) until 2012 when we started talking more frequently and realized our feelings for each other. I'm an extremely cautious person in relationships and wanted to take things slow. We really only became "official" in 2014 after I traveled there again. We then got engaged in Sept 2015. I dunno. I know this can be a "red flag" to the embassy, but how can they say that a couple dated for "too long" when 90% of that time was spent apart? And the whole "why didn't you have kids yet" thing too. Ugh don't get me started. Haha. Anyways, done with my rant. But yea, we had never really thought of these things as negatives, but after hearing other people's stories, we definitely are worried that this will be a reason for denial for us. Just hoping for the best. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Edited by Eureka447

Timeline

You will think they will understand some situations. Hmm we r in the same kinda situation though we have Doctors note ,but you just never know with this embassy. let's hope for the best. I pray all goes well Erica

Timeline

Thanks guys, I think I'll go the route of printing out the evidence from petition date til now like A&Oforever did.

We didn't have any knocking rites or traditional ceremonies, although we had talked about it initially.... so glad we didn't now.

And yea, the whole "knowing each other for too long" thing. Ugh I feel like I've heard this as a major reason for denial recently, which I think is ridiculous. Isn't it better to know someone well before you get married? But yea, we're trying to prepare for that question at the interview. My fiance and I actually first met on my first trip to Ghana in 2007, but we were just friends and only kept in touch every once in a while (we were busy with school, had poor means of communication, were dating other people, etc) until 2012 when we started talking more frequently and realized our feelings for each other. I'm an extremely cautious person in relationships and wanted to take things slow. We really only became "official" in 2014 after I traveled there again. We then got engaged in Sept 2015. I dunno. I know this can be a "red flag" to the embassy, but how can they say that a couple dated for "too long" when 90% of that time was spent apart? And the whole "why didn't you have kids yet" thing too. Ugh don't get me started. Haha. Anyways, done with my rant. But yea, we had never really thought of these things as negatives, but after hearing other people's stories, we definitely are worried that this will be a reason for denial for us. Just hoping for the best. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Hey girlie I'm so nervous my husbands interview is on the 4th last minute.. good luck to u

GOT MARRIED 03-01-2014
SENT I130 PACKAGE OFF 08-08-2014

GOT RESPONSE NOA 1 08-17-2014
RECIEVED RFE 01-26-2015
SENT IT BACK 01-31-2015
APPROVED 2-11-2015 :idea::idea::dancing::dancing:

HARD COPY OF NOA2 2-17-2015
PAID AOS FEE 04-03-2015
SENT AOS PACKET 09-23-2015
SENT FINANCIAL DOC 10-05-2015
PAID IV FEE 10-06-2015
IV PACKET COMPLETE 10-15-2015
CASE COMPLETE 01-05-2016

CASE SENT TO EMBASSY 04-16-2016
INTERVIEW 05-04-2016
APPROVED 05-04-2016
TOOK PASSPORT AND NEW AOS 06-07-2016
REQUESTED NEW TAX PAPERS 06-17-2016
SENT TAX PAPER 06-27-2016
STILL IN AP :cry::ranting:

went from AP-READY BACK TO AP 07-22-2016
ISSUED 07-22-2016
PICKED UP PASSPORT 7-29-2016
POE: 8-30-2016

GREEN CARD FEE: 10-08-2016

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

They do random calculations like it's ok for a 24 and a 25 year old to have dated for ten years because they were too young to get married but if a 36 and a 35 year old have been dating for ten years ; they are gonna have to explain themselves . The two consulars who interview are in their 60s , just imagine and also they need little to boot u out the door since it's a high fraud consulate and the fraud is crazy high . They are not playing over there . I've learned there pattern and if we wise up with previous denials, we can dodge the traps . Good luck everyone

Edited by A&Oforever

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi VJ members,

so my wife had her interview on june 1st and the visa was approved. i checked on the link given for the status and it said the visa was printed. but then the dhl or traveldocs website as of today is still showing no update for this passport number.

could it be that its ready for pick up but as not been put in the system yet?

anyone had this issue after approval?

thanks in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.