15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hello ,

Do you know how to find that which office is processing your file for AOS. I have done my biometrics first week of nov 2016 at reno, NV office but i haven't heard any thing after that. Can you please help where to find out that which office is dealing the case?

Thanks

Timeline

hello ,

Do you know how to find that which office is processing your file for AOS. I have done my biometrics first week of nov 2016 at reno, NV office but i haven't heard any thing after that. Can you please help where to find out that which office is dealing the case?

Thanks

Correction: biometrics done 1st week of nov 2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you are processed without interview, then your file would stay at the NBC and be approved from there. If you are going to get an interview, then the Reno USCIS office will send you an interview notice.

Note that lately the USCIS seems to be dealing with the backlog of interview waiver cases by sending them to other local offices that are not necessarily in your jurisdiction, such as San Fransisco and Tampa.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Attempted thread hijack moved to new thread~

~Rather than hijack an ongoing thread, start a new one.~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

If you are processed without interview, then your file would stay at the NBC and be approved from there. If you are going to get an interview, then the Reno USCIS office will send you an interview notice.

Note that lately the USCIS seems to be dealing with the backlog of interview waiver cases by sending them to other local offices that are not necessarily in your jurisdiction, such as San Fransisco and Tampa.

Thanks for your kind response. But i don't even know where my file is ? How to find this out that which office has received my file. Reno office shows that they are dealing with or before 18th Dec 2013 :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for your kind response. But i don't even know where my file is ? How to find this out that which office has received my file. Reno office shows that they are dealing with or before 18th Dec 2013 :(

We are also in the same boat, we do not know what office is processing our paperwork.

We are in Los Angeles County so more than likely it is the local office, they are currently processing August 2015 and we filed December.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

All family based AOS submissions are sent to the NBC(National Benefits Center), which is in Missouri. They will have case numbers starting with MSC.

If your case gets routed to your local USCIS office for you to interview, then it will most likely be at the same location as you had your biometrics. Otherwise, it will be approved without interview. The NBC does not provide processing times for family based AOS.

Find your local office by state and county here > https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

All family based AOS submissions are sent to the NBC(National Benefits Center), which is in Missouri. They will have case numbers starting with MSC.

If your case gets routed to your local USCIS office for you to interview, then it will most likely be at the same location as you had your biometrics. Otherwise, it will be approved without interview. The NBC does not provide processing times for family based AOS.

Find your local office by state and county here > https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Is there a way to know if the case is routed to our local office ?

Kali2015

just to try and respond to your original question with my experience, as I also am from the UK and I also came in on a K1 visa, but later than you in November 2015 and married December 2015, my NOA 1 for AOS was February 12th 2016, I applied for EAD concurrently but not AP. My case was dealt with at NBC in Missouri.

My biometrics were done in Jacksonville on March 11 2016 and then 20 days on March 31st received NOA2 stating case approved Green Card being issued, nothing about EAD, no interview. Received an email update stating my card was mailed on the 6th April, so currently waiting for it to arrive, hopefully by the end of the week.

The point of this response to you is that, there does not seem to be any consistency from case to case with this journey, your case is similar to mine, but I seem to have gotten through AOS in 6 weeks, I spoke to a immigration attorney recently and he said each case is different and unique, you can't compare what happens with someone else from the same country etc.

I notice from your time line that your K1 was approved in 14 days, at the California centre, whereas mine took 183 days to approve because of the backlog at the Texas centre last early last year. So I'm happy my AOS was quick after waiting so long for my K1, but again it seems there is no consistency to all of this. I wish you luck in finding out what has happened to your case and hope it happens soon, I certainly know how it feels to be lost in the system!

Hi again Kali2015

I noticed from your timeline their is a Pakistani flag showing with the American one, (the timeline shows the London embassy) I read there is an name check policy in the immigration process that applicants from certain countries, or with certain names, apparently Muslim or Latino, or certain professions, (sensitive or military), or have traveled to certain countries in the last 5 years are subject to more security checks than some other applicants. Are you sure you are not in AP for any one of these reasons, there must be a way of finding out if you are in AP.

Timeline

Hi again Kali2015

I noticed from your timeline their is a Pakistani flag showing with the American one, (the timeline shows the London embassy) I read there is an name check policy in the immigration process that applicants from certain countries, or with certain names, apparently Muslim or Latino, or certain professions, (sensitive or military), or have traveled to certain countries in the last 5 years are subject to more security checks than some other applicants. Are you sure you are not in AP for any one of these reasons, there must be a way of finding out if you are in AP.

Hello, its nice to hear from you. That's very informative. First of all Congrats on your approval and getting your green card.

Yes you spot on! I am a Pakistani citizen ,been living in London for almost 8 years thats how i applied for k1 from London. (I love London :) )

And about AP , i don't know any thing about it because i haven't received any communication from USCIS accept Work Authorization Card. I applied for AOS in Oct and received a letter from USCIS that they accepted the fees for AOS and N.B.C is working on your case. bla bla bla . but its been 6 months now since i haven't got any other letter from USCIS. Hopefully things get change :)

Timeline

Thank you ! My local office is Reno and they are deciding cases filed on or before 18 Dec 2013 . :oops: thats really harsh. I called the customer services and they quoted the same thing from uscis.gov . :rofl: So it means there is nothing much we can do about it.... Only wait. Lol

We are also in the same boat, we do not know what office is processing our paperwork.

We are in Los Angeles County so more than likely it is the local office, they are currently processing August 2015 and we filed December.

Our local office is way behind . They are dealing with cases submitted on or before 18th Dec 2013 .Lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.