1,298 posts in this topic

i was in a swimming pool ,just check my phone got the same thing .Email and Text messages ,saying that interview has been scheduled ,good luck Angelius71

Good luck to you! :)

Naturalization timeline.......

03/25/2016 - N-400 sent to Phoenix AZ
03/28/2016 - N-400 delivered
04/01/2016 - USCIS cashed check
04/08/2016 - NOA received in mail
04/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment received in mail
04/26/2016 - Biometrics done
05/03/2016 - Email & text saying in line for interview
05/03/2016 - Another email & text saying interview scheduled!

05/09/2016 - Interview letter in mail.
06/15/2016 - Interview date.

06/15/2016 - Interview passed!
06/20/2016 - Text message & email saying In line for Oath ceremony.
06/29/2016 - Text message saying oath ceremony letter mailed.
07/02/2016 - Oath Ceremony letter in mail.
07/26/2016 - Oath Ceremony. :joy:
07/26/2016 - Officially a U.S. citizen!! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello just curious how many days did uscis cashed your check after filing? Thank you

They cash either the day they pick it up or the day after although It might take up to 48h after the fact to show up in your account.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello just curious how many days did uscis cashed your check after filing? Thank you

I used credit card, they charged my card two days after the package was delivered. If there is one thing USCIS hates delaying, it is cashing the filing fees.

Filed: Timeline

They cash either the day they pick it up or the day after although It might take up to 48h after the fact to show up in your account.

hi ro_vanou,

looks like tomorrow is your big day, right?

so did you get posted hard copies of the interview letter? did they add the checklist of items to bring to the interview?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

They received my package april 28 and they haven't cashed my check yet... I.m super worried my application might be rejected =(

They received my package april 28 and they haven't cashed my check yet... I.m super worried my application might be rejected =(

It was 6 days after I sent my packet that the check was cashed.....wait a little longer before going crazy.

Naturalization timeline.......

03/25/2016 - N-400 sent to Phoenix AZ
03/28/2016 - N-400 delivered
04/01/2016 - USCIS cashed check
04/08/2016 - NOA received in mail
04/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment received in mail
04/26/2016 - Biometrics done
05/03/2016 - Email & text saying in line for interview
05/03/2016 - Another email & text saying interview scheduled!

05/09/2016 - Interview letter in mail.
06/15/2016 - Interview date.

06/15/2016 - Interview passed!
06/20/2016 - Text message & email saying In line for Oath ceremony.
06/29/2016 - Text message saying oath ceremony letter mailed.
07/02/2016 - Oath Ceremony letter in mail.
07/26/2016 - Oath Ceremony. :joy:
07/26/2016 - Officially a U.S. citizen!! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Which of the eligibility requirements are you worried about?

If there's an actual problem with your application, I honestly think that getting it rejected now (without your check cashed) is a lot better than losing the money and getting denied at the interview months from now.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello!

The interview letter does include a list of documents that I need to bring to the interview. I attached a picture for you. It looks to me that it is a pretty standard list as 90% of the items don't apply to me.

Good luck tomorrow. Let us know!!

Married December 2011

04/03/13 - Mailed I130/I485/I131/I76504/08/13 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04/16/13 - NOA(x4) Text/Email received with MSC number, routed to NBC

04/18/13 - Able to check status on USCIS site

04/18/13 - Received biometrics notice for 5/8/13 apt

04/23/13 - Biometrics completed by walk-in

05/14/13 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

05/20/13 - Text message (as of 5/19/13 I-485 interview date set for 6/20/13)06/10/13 - Status update - AP approved EAD in card production

06/14/13 - Status update - EAD/AP card mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/17/13)

06/17/13 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrival!!!!!! (I am cute looking in my picluv.gif)06/20/13 - I-485 Interviewgoofy.gif

06/20/13 - Pronto Approval!!!! "As of today you are a Legal Permanent Resident of the USA"

06/20/13 - Status updated 3 times (1-485 card approval/production, 1-130 approval NOA mailed out & 1-NOA of LPR registration status)

06/25/13 - GC in card production

06/26/13 - Status update - GC mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/29/13 )

07/01/13 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and 4th of JULY to me (GC received - Praise be to God for another miracle and blessing!!!) cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifTears of Joy!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION (ROC)

03/02/15 - USCIS Removal of Condition reminder letter received

03/30/15 - I-751 package submitted

03/31/15 - I-751 package delivered to USCIS

04/01/15 - NOA date

04/03/15 - I-751 check cashed by USCIS

04/28/15 - Biometrics appointment

01/26/16 - Email notification - I-751 Approved and card in production

01/28/16 - Card mailed out

01/30/16 - Thank God!! received card in the mail (NEXT STEP - CITIZENSHIP)

CITIZENSHIP

03/22/16 - N-400 package submitted​

03/23/16 - N-400 package delivered to USCIS

03/30/16 - Check cashed by USCIS

03/30/16 - NOA

04/13/16 - Biometrics appointment

07/15/16 - Interview Date

07/27/16 - Oath

1211 days!!!!!! PRAISE GOD...I AM A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

hi ro_vanou,

looks like tomorrow is your big day, right?

so did you get posted hard copies of the interview letter? did they add the checklist of items to bring to the interview?

No I haven't received it. I'll probably get it at the end of the week. I'll let you know :)

Good luck tomorrow. Let us know!!

Thanks!

It went great. I went in at 8:40 am I was out by 8:50.

Oath scheduled for May 21. Good luck to you too :)

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

i am pretty sure you will be scheduled soon ,even-though it doesn't mean much ,some people are waiting several month after online interview scheduling ,for their actual interview mail !!! Good luck

Wow I didn't realize it could take that long to receive the letter after the online case status says that an interview has been scheduled.

Timeline

Wow I didn't realize it could take that long to receive the letter after the online case status says that an interview has been scheduled.

There are two status updates related to the interviewer.

The first is "inline for interview" which states that USCIS has "started the interview scheduling process."

At this point, an interview has not been scheduled. An interview may be scheduled the within a day or two of being placed inline or it could take months. Some people misunderstand this status and think that an interview has been scheduled.

The second is "interview scheduled".

This means that you have an actual interview date. A letter is usually sent out within a week of this notice and your interview will roughly 3-5 weeks after you receive the letter. If 3 or 4 weeks go by from the "interview scheduled" notice, then you should call, because chances are the letter was lost in the mail and you might miss the interview. USCIS does not schedule interviews months in advance.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

The first is "inline for interview" which states that USCIS has "started the interview scheduling process."

At this point, an interview has not been scheduled. An interview may be scheduled the within a day or two of being placed inline or it could take months. Some people misunderstand this status and think that an interview has been scheduled.

This means that you have an actual interview date. A letter is usually sent out within a week of this notice and your interview will roughly 3-5 weeks after you receive the letter. If 3 or 4 weeks go by from the "interview scheduled" notice, then you should call, because chances are the letter was lost in the mail and you might miss the interview. USCIS does not schedule interviews months in advance.

Hi Jimmy, in my case I was referring to the second update. Thanks for the info. Anyways USCIS has been pretty good about sending out their mail promptly so far, so hopefully by tomorrow/saturday I should receive something. thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Jimmy, in my case I was referring to the second update. Thanks for the info. Anyways USCIS has been pretty good about sending out their mail promptly so far, so hopefully by tomorrow/saturday I should receive something. thanks.

Speaking of which are interview letters mailed from the local field office or still the NBC?

Timeline

If you've got the update that your interview was scheduled, then hopefully you'll get it soon... as I said, if you reach the 3 week mark, call them. If it gets close to your interview date, they'll fax you a copy of the letter, although sometimes they'll only do this if your interview is less than a week away... rather annoying, since you don't know what the actual date is! But it probably won't come to that because you'll get the letter soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.