dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview April 2016

1,569 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Soo I have a question...

My joint sponsor has not yet filed their taxes for 2015 since they are still awaiting her Husbands w-2's.

Should I have them send me copies of their W-2's for 2015 when they get them, have them get their Irs transcript, or full out have them fill out a NEW I-864? It doesn't appear to me that it is necessary to have 2015's tax information, however I don't want something as simple as that to be the reason my husband is not approved.

I'm laughing at those names "L'Amere a Boire" and "Pied de Cochon" hahahah

Ha, yes. Beer Maiden and Pig's Feet.

NOA1: May 18th, 2015
NOA2: November 30th, 2015
Scan Date: December 22nd, 2015
CC: Groundhog Day, 2016 (42 days)

Medical: February 18th, 2016
Interview: March 16th, 2016 - Approved

Issued: March 21st, 2016

Visa in Hand: March 24, 2016

POE: March 24th, 2016

Received Green Card: April 25th, 2016

Removal of Conditions Approved: August 27th, 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm happy to inform that my husband is in US soil now!! More specific, he is at home :dancing: Wohoo!!! it is all surreal to me as he arrived last night via NY - JFK Airport.

Something interesting to report: so I got him prepared to deal with his POE at JFK, I read reviews, even check logistics at terminal 5 and all. I myself was prepared to wait for him at best one hour to two hours as he cleared immigration and customs (JFK is a very busy airport). But there was something unexpected:

He flew from Rome with a layover in Dublin, Ireland. So apparently, there is an agreement between the US and Ireland where you can clear customs and Immigration there before arriving to the US ( I had only heard of this in England). So his POE was officially Dublin and not JFK! He was the only one in the room where they took in his IV packet and passport. They asked him to verify the US address to send in the Green card to, they asked him who lives in NJ? (me of course); they showed him a screenshot of his luggage and was asked to verify it was his, they took his biometrics, stamped his passport, and then sent him off to his gate and board his flight to NY. He said, all and in all it took about 15 mins. He also says, the US has a special place/office within Dublin airport where you have to go through a second layer of security, this is where the POE activity took place for him.

I was surprised to hear all of this but also happy because once hubby arrived to JFK, all he had to do was go straight to the baggage carrousel to pick up is baggage. It was only by coincidence that I found him there as I was thinking I was way too early to pick him up and started roaming the arrivals area only to see him waiting for his baggage lol. Thankfully, he was only there a minute or two before we found each other.

awwww welcome to America to your husband. What a great review.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Good luck to everyone on your upcoming interviews and Congratulations to All who were recently approved.

My husband and I are finally home in the US !! POE was last night in Baltimore.

I just posted my Belizean embassy review, word of Funny advice, Do Not use paperclips on your documents in Belize. I had about 15 or so to keep documents sorted out and security had to remove every single one, as we just stood there and watched him. It really showed me how OCD I am about organization.

Also, I just wanted to say Thank you again to everyone for their help and support through this process.

Without VJ we would have never been as prepared as we were nor had such a smooth case.

Congratulations. Welcome to America. I can just see those CBP removing those paperclips giving you the side eye. LOL

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

December 18th scan date, supervisor review since February 1st, CC today after 2.5 months of headache and heartache! The rep also told me that March interview dates were already filled (understandably). Really hope to be squeezed into an April interview date because we really can't afford more delays... Will update my status in this thread and my timeline.

Congratulations. I have added you to the spreadsheet.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

First post on first page ;)

What do the different CEAC Visa Status Check mean?

At NVC - NVC has your case and its not done or waiting to the shipped to a Embassy

In Transit - The case has been entered into the DHL shipping system. It does NOT mean the case has physically left NVC yet. It can be up to three days after the case has been entered into DHL's system before it actually starts to travel.

Ready - The case has arrived and been scanned in at the Embassy/Consulate's mail room. It does NOT mean that a Case Officer has picked up to the case to start looking at it. Some Embassy/Consulates have a mail entry point that is not physically located at the Embassy/Consulate itself.

Administrative Processing - We all will have to go to AP, this is either be curse the need more from you, but also it will be AP when they make the Visa.

Returned to NVC - I have seen this sometimes and why they would return it to NVC i don´t know

Issued - The embassy has sent your Passport to Visa printing. Some are ready for pickup when this status is shown.

I have tears :cry: . Someone is looking at the first post. Thank you so much.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Soo I have a question...

My joint sponsor has not yet filed their taxes for 2015 since they are still awaiting her Husbands w-2's.

Should I have them send me copies of their W-2's for 2015 when they get them, have them get their Irs transcript, or full out have them fill out a NEW I-864? It doesn't appear to me that it is necessary to have 2015's tax information, however I don't want something as simple as that to be the reason my husband is not approved.

You most definitely need their 2015 W2. You don;t need an updated I-864 because nothing is updated. But the W2 verifies the income that was put on the I-864.

ROC I-751

N-400

Soo I have a question...

You won't need anything from 2015 technically because your interview date is before the 18th. Make sure you have everything for 2014. If they get 2015 W2s before your interview, which they should, I would take them with you for back up. This is how my email from Montreal explained it.

In reference to your immigrant visa case, in addition to the all the items listed on the checklist, you need to bring the following on the day of the interview:

- Two recent passport size photographs on white background

- Medical exam as instructed on your appointment letter

- Photocopy of your petitioners U.S. 2015 and/or 2014 tax return

- Photocopy of your petitioners 2015 and/or 2014 W2s

We thank you for your cooperation.

Edited by Gobucks!

NOA1: May 18th, 2015
NOA2: November 30th, 2015
Scan Date: December 22nd, 2015
CC: Groundhog Day, 2016 (42 days)

Medical: February 18th, 2016
Interview: March 16th, 2016 - Approved

Issued: March 21st, 2016

Visa in Hand: March 24, 2016

POE: March 24th, 2016

Received Green Card: April 25th, 2016

Removal of Conditions Approved: August 27th, 2019

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Dwheels76,

My ds260 submitted with old passport number issue got solved.. What i did was below steps..

1. Once my file reached my embassy i emailed ustraveldocs about the issue saying i need to update u guys with my new passport number.

2. They asked for few scanned docs like ds260 confirmation page, old passport, new passport, interview letter, name, dob etc

3. I emailed them everything.

4. They closed the case saying we have reopened the ds260 for u. Kindly update and resubmit the application before ur interview.

5. I logged into ceac and updated my new passport details and submitted again.

6. Got new confirmation page with same confirmation number.

All the above steps took less than 48 hrs.. I just wanted to make sure that everything is in place before the interview.

Also to be noted that i had pcc with my new passport only..

Hope it might help someone..

Edited by ankitparikh84

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Dwheels76,

My ds260 submitted with old passport number issue got solved.. What i did was below steps..

1. Once my file reached my embassy i emailed ustraveldocs about the issue saying i need to update u guys with my new passport number.

2. They asked for few scanned docs like ds260 confirmation page, old passport, new passport, interview letter, name, dob etc

3. I emailed them everything.

4. They closed the case saying we have reopened the ds260 for u. Kindly update and resubmit the application before ur interview.

5. I logged into ceac and updated my new passport details and submitted again.

6. Got new confirmation page with same confirmation number.

All the above steps took less than 48 hrs.. I just wanted to make sure that everything is in place before the interview.

Also to be noted that i had pcc with my new passport only..

Hope it might help someone..

Did they say this was necessary? We also did visa application with old passport number. Husband's passport was not expired but he decided to add my name to his passport (which is normal in India). New passport has a new number but lists the old one as well.

I am wondering if we should also do these steps that ankitparikh84 did, is it necessary?

Thank you for any thoughts on this or experience!

Edited by NMKhalsa

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Did they say this was necessary? We also did visa application with old passport number. Husband's passport was not expired but he decided to add my name to his passport (which is normal in India). New passport has a new number but lists the old one as well.

I am wondering if we should also do these steps that ankitparikh84 did, is it necessary?

Thank you for any thoughts on this or experience!

I dont think it is necessary.. But as i said that i wanted to make sure that everything is in place before the interview..

Timeline

I dont think it is necessary.. But as i said that i wanted to make sure that everything is in place before the interview..

Okay, I see. Are you with New Delhi Embassy also? What is your interview date? Best Wishes!

Timeline

quick question

I got the interview letter and interview date is April 14th. I did schedule my medical date for April 1st. when I was reading instruction for Mumbai Consulate - I read something interesting which I posted below.

Visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com, follow the instructions to create an account, log in, and schedule an appointment to have your photograph and fingerprints captured at one of the five Visa Application Centers in India.

Did anyone create an account and schedule an appointment to have your photograph n fingerprints or is that something that is done at time of the interview which is already scheduled for April 14th?

NOA 1 ----- June 30th

NOA 2-------- Dec 3

Case sent to NVC ----- Dec 4th

Case received NVC ------- Dec 7th

Case # and IIN received ------ Dec 22nd

AOS fee paid online ------------ Dec 22nd

IV fee paid online --------- Dec 23rd

DS 261 - Dec 23rd - reviewed on the phone.

AOS and IV fee shows as paid - 1/4/16

AOS and IV package sent - 1/6/16

DS 260 completed - 1/8/16

NVC scanned packages - 1/11/16

CC - 2/12/16

Interview Scheduled - 2/26/16

Medical date - 4/13/16

Interview date - 4/14/16 - got approved!!!! :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

US entry - 4/29/16 or 5/5/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.