Darrinos

Denied in Indonesia

53 posts in this topic

And where do I find the definitions to all of these crazy acronyms and abbreviations? POE, NIV, AOS, NOA.... makes my head hurt!

POE = Port of Entry = Which airport the customs officers inspected the incoming immigrant at

AOS = Adjustment of Status for K-1 applicants OR Affidavit of Support for spousal visas

NOA = Notice of Action = the paper you get when the USCIS receives your case

Start with the tab at the top that says "Guides"

:guides:

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Amhara, thanks for the suggestions. Some of your questions were things I had not considered. You also said "Thank goodness for neutral third countries!" What do you mean by this?

Expat1, YES, it's frustrating for sure, but we have no choice but to play along. You said I'll have to "date her in her own country". What do you mean by that? I agree, going to Indonesia is definitely not a bad thing...such a beautiful place. Although I have visited her once, and hope to do so again in a few months, we do most of our "dating" via Skype. It's fun to go shopping, ride in the car, etc., without the traffic! Nothing, however, can replace being there, and even though we talk everyday, I miss her like crazy!

This woman is simply remarkable, and whatever I need to do, that's what I'll do to spend my life with her. Sounds like there may be many challenges on the road ahead, but again, if that's what it takes to be with this angel of a woman, point me toward heaven! I'll find the way. I appreciate everyone's comments so far. You've truly been helpful and kind.

Darrinos

<grin> we never actually dated but if we had it would have had to be in Indonesia (or any number of third countries). Pen pal'd for a couple of years and just took the jump and got married over there on the first trip over.

That was 9 years and two kiddos ago. Turned out to be worth the risk.

Good luck and wish both of you the best

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Well, we're stepping out in faith for sure. Technology has made this type of a relationship so much more viable, but in some ways more difficult. We Skype every morning (hers) and sometimes mine too. While it's nice to see her every day, it makes me want to hold her and be with her even more... and the same goes for her too. It's a difficult road, but then again... she's all there is in my eyes.

Again, thank you all for your advice. Hopefully soon, you can add Tricia and Darrin to the list of successful visa seekers who braved the system and were married!

Timeline

I'm hoping that someone can go through the process with me so that I understand it and I can explain it to my love. I read through the guide on the process for the K1 visa. Sure, it's a lot of paperwork, but no big deal. I send in all of the information listed and required, and then I receive a notice (NOA) which basically means that it's time for her appointment. She will need to have her health exam complete by then. After this, as long as everything has been provided, she should receive her approval. I am not required to be present for any of these interviews, correct? I just want to make sure I understand the process. Lastly, how often are fiancé visa's denied? After being denied her tourist B2 visa, she worries that she won't get her fiancé visa. I've told her that it is not common for this to happen, but she feels that she's been "blacklisted" now and will have difficulty with the K1. I would appreciate some input from people here concerning this. I want to be realistic, but at the same time I don't want her to worry.

Thanks so much...

Darrinos

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If a B-2 is denied due to immigrant intent that doesn't matter for a K-1 where the immigrant intent is what that visa is all about.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Timeline

Yes, that was my point that I explained to her, but she is now just afraid that they won't approve anything for her. It breaks my heart to see her have such fear. Thanks for your reassurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Yes, that was my point that I explained to her, but she is now just afraid that they won't approve anything for her. It breaks my heart to see her have such fear. Thanks for your reassurance.

Hi,

B2 visa denial will not affect I-129F petition. One is a non-immigrant and one is for immigrating.

Different processing entirely.

However, y'all need to be free to marry when you petition her. Divorce decrees will be requested.

My B2 visa was approved when the I-129F petition was still pending. But I did come back to Indonesia as scheduled.

She can try and try again as much as she wants. When you go for an interview, there are up to five officers interviewing in different windows. You can hear everybody being interviewed. That being said, some officers are unfriendly, but some are friendly and little bit laid back.

If she can prove strong ties with Indonesia, she can always re-apply.

Ever considered meeting somewhere else? Otherwise, come back to Jakarta to visit.

Blooms

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.