Jim & Kristyn

K1/K2 Checklist - Have i got everything?!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Congrats on the approvals! I had my interview March 8th and got approved also! Have you received your passport back yet or got noticed that it will be shipped? I am so stressed about getting my passport back in time, because I already have a plane ticket booked! I wasn't thinking lol

Timeline

Thank you and congrats!!! I received the DHL email this afternoon, paid and sent everything back so hoping our passports will be delivered on Monday. EEEEEEEEEP!!!! I can't believe the wait is over and this is happening!!!!

Met on Facebook ~ 2012

Met in person for first time ~ 08 May 2014

Got engaged officially (like down on one knee) ~ 13 March 2015

Application sent ~ 16 March 2015

K1 approved ~ 11 March 2016

Married ~ 24 April 2016

event.png

Timeline

I also got the DHL email today! Going to pick it up in Sandton on Monday, right in time for my flight on Monday night. I can't explain the relief! lol I know how you feel, it's been 14 months since we started the process and it's finally at the finish line!! Congrats again and good luck with everything!! :)

Timeline

I also got the DHL email today! Going to pick it up in Sandton on Monday, right in time for my flight on Monday night. I can't explain the relief! lol I know how you feel, it's been 14 months since we started the process and it's finally at the finish line!! Congrats again and good luck with everything!! :)

Oh that is awesome!! I literally burst into tears when i got the news - it was like the weight of the world had been lifted. Safe travels! SQUEEEEEEE!!!

Congrats!!!!!! :-D

Thank you so much!

Met on Facebook ~ 2012

Married ~ 24 April 2016

event.png

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone! I have a quick question regarding the documents I need to take to my interview at the end of the month:

Firstly, the updated letter of intent to marry - can my fiance scan and email the letter of intent to me, or does it have to have to be the original?

Secondly, can she also scan and email the approval notice for I-129F?

I know that the unabridged birth certificate and police clearance need to be original documents but I'm hoping my fiance can just scan and email the i-129F and letter of intent......

Thank you for you time.

Timeline

Hi everyone! I have a quick question regarding the documents I need to take to my interview at the end of the month:

Firstly, the updated letter of intent to marry - can my fiance scan and email the letter of intent to me, or does it have to have to be the original?

Secondly, can she also scan and email the approval notice for I-129F?

I know that the unabridged birth certificate and police clearance need to be original documents but I'm hoping my fiance can just scan and email the i-129F and letter of intent......

Thank you for you time.

Hi :)

As far as i know the updated letter of intent is meant to be original, however, they did not even look at or take it. They just used the one that was sent in with our I-129F. My NOA1 and NOA2 notifications were scanned and emailed to me which i then printed but again they didn't even ask for them. Good luck!

Met on Facebook ~ 2012

Married ~ 24 April 2016

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.