Am & Ra

CFO Seminar in Manila, can this be a problem???

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee is now ready to schedule her appointment to do CFO seminar in Manila, and recently I've read a few posts about some applicants having problems and not allowed their sticker for their passport showing they completed the seminar. Heard of one girl who was asked to return with more documentation about her fiancee's work history because he was divorced twice in his past. It would be nice to hear from some recent applicants about their experience when attending the CFO Seminar in Manila, and any suggestions they may have???

Hi I had the seminar on December 2015 and was a smooth sailing experience. The counselor was great and the one- one- one session wasn't so bad either. It's just telling your "love story" so to speak to a complete stranger. Make sure that she has all of her documents in order especially if she has her visa already. One girl from our group was requested to come back (she didn't receive a sticker and certificate) because she forgot to bring her CENOMAR. One other girl was asked to return with proof that her fiance is single. I advised her to go back to the counselor and show her fiance's most recent ITR showing he's single, and it met the counselor's requirements.

Bring pictures! Especially with family/ friends. I took a few with me and she took a copy of my wedding picture- the one with my parents. She said it's for documentation. If this is both of your first marriage, they won't go hard on you. Overall there's nothing to be worried about so long as she comes prepared. :)

=To God Be The Glory =

DCF for CR1
02-23-2016 Filed I- 130 @ US Embassy Manila
03-03-2016 NOA 2
03-04-2016 Received MNL Case Number
04-04-2016 Interview (Approved!) Visa ISSUED the same day
04-06-2016 Visa on hand! Picked up from 2Go MOA @ 5:30 PM
04-11-2016 POE @ Minneapolis, MN

05-12-2016 Received SSN

07-07-2016 Greencard arrived!

ROC

01-11-2018 ROC window opens

01-13-2018 Mailed ROC application to CSC

01-26-2018 Received NOA (dated: 01/22) 

05-24-2018 Biometrics 

01-23-2019 i751 Approved 

01-31-2019  10 Year Greencard arrived! 

N400

03-16-2019 Submitted application online

03-16-2019 NOA1

04-09-2019 Biometrics 

11-13-2019 Interview, approved 

12-04-2019 Oath taking. I'm now a naturalized US Citizen. 

=It Always Seems Impossible Until It's Done=

Timeline

Hi I had the seminar on December 2015 and was a smooth sailing experience. The counselor was great and the one- one- one session wasn't so bad either. It's just telling your "love story" so to speak to a complete stranger. Make sure that she has all of her documents in order especially if she has her visa already. One girl from our group was requested to come back (she didn't receive a sticker and certificate) because she forgot to bring her CENOMAR. One other girl was asked to return with proof that her fiance is single. I advised her to go back to the counselor and show her fiance's most recent ITR showing he's single, and it met the counselor's requirements.

Bring pictures! Especially with family/ friends. I took a few with me and she took a copy of my wedding picture- the one with my parents. She said it's for documentation. If this is both of your first marriage, they won't go hard on you. Overall there's nothing to be worried about so long as she comes prepared. :)

Thank you, that is good advice about using ITR as showing single Status. We are not yet married and filed for K-1 visa. I have been married twice; however, the first was when I was 17 years old and divorced a couple years later, she cheated on me and divorced me for boyfriend. I divorced my second wife for cheating on me only a couple years after being married. I've been single for the past 20 years.

I just turned 53 and my fiancee is 27 and pregnant with our baby, we have doctor certification that she conceived during my time spent with her in Makati. If you look at our pictures together there would be know way of knowing our true age gap. Did you see any other couples who passed with large age Gap?

Edited by Amy & Randy

Make sure that she has all divorce decrees and that she knows why you got divorced as she's going to be questioned about that. There was a lady from my group that was in her mid 30's and her fiance is in the late 50's and she didn't have any issues whatsoever.

I guess being confident is such a plus factor as counselors are known to "pick on" or to spend more time with women who are timid or who don't know much information about their fiance's or husband's past relationships. My whole individual session was less than 5 minutes.

Good luck. :)

=To God Be The Glory =

DCF for CR1
02-23-2016 Filed I- 130 @ US Embassy Manila
03-03-2016 NOA 2
03-04-2016 Received MNL Case Number
04-04-2016 Interview (Approved!) Visa ISSUED the same day
04-06-2016 Visa on hand! Picked up from 2Go MOA @ 5:30 PM
04-11-2016 POE @ Minneapolis, MN

05-12-2016 Received SSN

07-07-2016 Greencard arrived!

ROC

01-11-2018 ROC window opens

01-13-2018 Mailed ROC application to CSC

01-26-2018 Received NOA (dated: 01/22) 

05-24-2018 Biometrics 

01-23-2019 i751 Approved 

01-31-2019  10 Year Greencard arrived! 

N400

03-16-2019 Submitted application online

03-16-2019 NOA1

04-09-2019 Biometrics 

11-13-2019 Interview, approved 

12-04-2019 Oath taking. I'm now a naturalized US Citizen. 

=It Always Seems Impossible Until It's Done=

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread is moved from K-1 Case Progress subforum to the Philippines regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Take every document with you.

When they want to know the petitioner's mother's maiden name, you will have it with you. It's on the petitioner's G-325A.

When they want a land line phone number and there is no land line, just give them a mobile number.

Don't forget to take divorce decrees. As mentioned above, showing them an income tax return where the petitioner filed as "single" always works too.

And yes, they prey on the timid, the unprepared, and the uninformed.

Other than that, it's a piece of cake.

Timeline

Thank you, that is good advice about using ITR as showing single Status. We are not yet married and filed for K-1 visa. I have been married twice; however, the first was when I was 17 years old and divorced a couple years later, she cheated on me and divorced me for boyfriend. I divorced my second wife for cheating on me only a couple years after being married. I've been single for the past 20 years.

I just turned 53 and my fiancee is 27 and pregnant with our baby, we have doctor certification that she conceived during my time spent with her in Makati. If you look at our pictures together there would be know way of knowing our true age gap. Did you see any other couples who passed with large age Gap?

There's a show I watched on TLC it's called 90 day fiance. The Filipina was 19 and the guy was 58!! So I'm pretty sure the age gap won't matter. If they give you a hard time just tell them about the show ;) good luck!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee is now ready to schedule her appointment to do CFO seminar in Manila, and recently I've read a few posts about some applicants having problems and not allowed their sticker for their passport showing they completed the seminar. Heard of one girl who was asked to return with more documentation about her fiancee's work history because he was divorced twice in his past. It would be nice to hear from some recent applicants about their experience when attending the CFO Seminar in Manila, and any suggestions they may have???

Biggest suggestion I have is NOT to be meek or timid, those are the types that CFO focuses the extra demands on. If your fiancee is confident, self-assured and looks them in the eyes when speaking there will be fewer issues.

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-guide1/5-cfo-gcp-seminar

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I'm gonna hve mine tomorrow! I hope it'll goes well and I'll share my experience with y'all guys! Wish me luck ??

Please do, that would be great for you to let us know about documents being asked for and questions being asked. Thank you.

• 8 months later...
Timeline

Hi there. Did they take a photo of you at the cfo office for the certificate? Or they used the photo you uploaded in the online appointment form? The photo I uploaded was too blurry. I couldn't even tell it's me :(

Thanks

I'm gonna hve mine tomorrow! I hope it'll goes well and I'll share my experience with y'all guys! Wish me luck ??

Hi there. Did they take a photo of you at the cfo office for the certificate? Or they used the photo you uploaded in the online appointment form? The photo I uploaded was too blurry. I couldn't even tell it's me :(

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.