michaelasheu

RFE online status hasn't changed

9 posts in this topic

Hi, just wondering if someone is in the same boat. We received RFE (mail) for i485 on 1/25/2016 and sent RFE package by UPS on 2/1/2016. The package was delivered on 2/3/2016 according to UPS website (tracking number) which was 13 days ago. But the USCIS online status hasn't changed, it still says "Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed."

Well.. is this "normal"? :( Will USCIS change online status after receiving RFE package? (why do they like to see us suffer... :( )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

When the person working on your case "touches" your file you will see an update.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

When the person working on your case "touches" your file you will see an update.

Thanks!! So I guess the person working on my case really takes his/her time.... I hope the online status will change soon so I can put my mind at ease...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I sent my RFE back and it took a good 10 days to change, when it does, they backdate it. The next wait then is how long it takes for someone to actually pick your case back up again, which for us was 2 months. Good luck

I sent my RFE back and it took a good 10 days to change, when it does, they backdate it. The next wait then is how long it takes for someone to actually pick your case back up again, which for us was 2 months. Good luck

Hey I just checked again, the status finally changed!! Well at least now I can be sure that my package is "in the system".. and thank you so much! =)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from AOS/Family-Based main forum to the Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I sent my RFE (for initial evidence) on 22nd December and it was confirmed delivered and signed for on 26th December by USPS. My case status still remains the same as it did on November 27th, stating that they'd mailed the RFE and that they would begin working on my case again when they received the requested evidence. I've tried submitting a case inquiry, which comes back as "Case is within normal processing times". I also called USCIS twice, and was told that I have to allow up to 60 days before any further action can be taken.

I am just concerned that my RFE has got lost or mislaid, and worry that I'll get to 60 days after no action/ updates, only to get told that I need to re-submit the RFE or something.Very frustrating not knowing what, if anything, is actually going on with my case :cry:

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

I sent my RFE (for initial evidence) on 22nd December and it was confirmed delivered and signed for on 26th December by USPS. My case status still remains the same as it did on November 27th, stating that they'd mailed the RFE and that they would begin working on my case again when they received the requested evidence. I've tried submitting a case inquiry, which comes back as "Case is within normal processing times". I also called USCIS twice, and was told that I have to allow up to 60 days before any further action can be taken.

I am just concerned that my RFE has got lost or mislaid, and worry that I'll get to 60 days after no action/ updates, only to get told that I need to re-submit the RFE or something.Very frustrating not knowing what, if anything, is actually going on with my case :cry:

Trust me, I know how you feel.. but I think you've done everything you could at this point, and where did you send your RFE package to? Lee's summit?

As long as you have the confirmation by USPS, I think you should be fine because it's the evidence showing that you did response to their request within the time frame they gave you. Maybe give them a call after 60 days again? I know waiting in darkness really sucks.. Fingers crossed for you and hope to hear your good news soon!!

Trust me, I know how you feel.. but I think you've done everything you could at this point, and where did you send your RFE package to? Lee's summit?

As long as you have the confirmation by USPS, I think you should be fine because it's the evidence showing that you did response to their request within the time frame they gave you. Maybe give them a call after 60 days again? I know waiting in darkness really sucks.. Fingers crossed for you and hope to hear your good news soon!!

Thanks for the good wishes.

Yes, as per the RFE instructions, my RFE was sent to the Lee' Summit, MO PO Box.

60 days will have elapsed from next week, so if I've not heard anything by then, it will be time to start chasing them up again. I need to go back to the UK to sort some things out asap, but don't want to arrange any international travel until I know if/ when I will be called in for interview!

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.