Lkhan123

In AP after interview. Got email from islamabad embassy

439 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sarah an other suggestion, stop poking them lol. I poked the nvc and got 4 months delay. You may start poking them after 6 weeks. But if you have already forwarded a query then good luck. You would get a standard response that check after 4 weeks again please it's still in process

Timeline

For Asad, thanks for the encouragement. You think we will get it within a month or two? Did the CO give you a time frame? I'm trying to stay positive.

SARAH No the CO gave me a very awkward look when i asked him, should i be happy or wait to be happy, he replied wait to be happy. i was like damn, kaminay admi, but i smiled back and said oh thank you.

Dont worry everything is same even if he smiled or said i love you back it would have taken the same duration.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

SARAH No the CO gave me a very awkward look when i asked him, should i be happy or wait to be happy, he replied wait to be happy. i was like damn, kaminay admi, but i smiled back and said oh thank you.

Dont worry everything is same even if he smiled or said i love you back it would have taken the same duration.

Lol, thats funny! Yes they are usually very serious and that doesn't help at all. My husband actually asked him (the white guy speaking urdu) so two months? and he replied yes 1 - 2 months. But damn all I can do is pray and stay hopeful, the thing is my first petition was actually denied at USCIS because they said we never sent them the NIkah Nama, can you believe that ugh!! Then i filed again and the second time around they approved it in four months and every thing was quite fast after; then he got his first interview few days ago. SO they have already delayed our case and now this. SO freaking annoying I tell ya but what can you do, u know. Sorry for the whole story but yea lol

Timeline

Lol, thats funny! Yes they are usually very serious and that doesn't help at all. My husband actually asked him (the white guy speaking urdu) so two months? and he replied yes 1 - 2 months. But damn all I can do is pray and stay hopeful, the thing is my first petition was actually denied at USCIS because they said we never sent them the NIkah Nama, can you believe that ugh!! Then i filed again and the second time around they approved it in four months and every thing was quite fast after; then he got his first interview few days ago. SO they have already delayed our case and now this. SO freaking annoying I tell ya but what can you do, u know. Sorry for the whole story but yea lol

Hey Sarah did the embassy email you back about your inquiry? The CO told my husband to wait a month and it's been a month for us but no news yet. Inshallah we will all get out of AP.

Timeline

Hey Sarah did the embassy email you back about your inquiry? The CO told my husband to wait a month and it's been a month for us but no news yet. Inshallah we will all get out of AP.

No girl! no response yet but it says they could take up to 5 business days. what Im worried about now is that I cant even check my case status, its showing an error when I try to check it. Ughhh these people seriously....Did you try to inquire at all?

Timeline

No girl! no response yet but it says they could take up to 5 business days. what Im worried about now is that I cant even check my case status, its showing an error when I try to check it. Ughhh these people seriously....Did you try to inquire at all?

Yeah I sent them an email two days ago and nothing yet either. Also I've been trying to see my status for hours now and it's also giving me an error. When my husband had his interview last month I emailed them the next day and they said he's in AP review it was a generated response. Then we emailed them two days ago and haven't heard anything back. It's seriously frustrating. I wish they could make this whole process easier on families.

Timeline

Yeah I sent them an email two days ago and nothing yet either. Also I've been trying to see my status for hours now and it's also giving me an error. When my husband had his interview last month I emailed them the next day and they said he's in AP review it was a generated response. Then we emailed them two days ago and haven't heard anything back. It's seriously frustrating. I wish they could make this whole process easier on families.

ok, sounds like a system error then. I am pretty sure I would also get the generated response when i do get it. For you I would see what the second email says and get a clue. I am hopeful that you will get the good news within 2 months. Were all stuck in the same boat where we cant see the island ugh.

Timeline

ok, sounds like a system error then. I am pretty sure I would also get the generated response when i do get it. For you I would see what the second email says and get a clue. I am hopeful that you will get the good news within 2 months. Were all stuck in the same boat where we cant see the island ugh.

I wish they wouldn't have given us a time frame. It would've been better to cope with. I waited for a month to be over to know that I got more waiting to do. Eff this whole process. It makes you lose sanity. I don't mind waiting but I just need to know what I'm waiting for you know. Btw did you get my message in your inbox? Yeah I'm hoping I get a reply. Most people don't even get a reply back. Which I think is #######

Timeline

Ladies. AllhumdulilAllah you guys have made this far. Just hang in there, soon families will unite together.

Are we forgetting the wait of priority date and cut off date? Chill. The way AllhumdulilAllah we got thorugh that aggonizing duration/stage, this will soon end. And a new journey will also begin.

I wmhave yet bot been able to try the ceas website cause I'm on my way home, I will check once I reach home and update.

Good luck to all AP Group.

Timeline

Ladies. AllhumdulilAllah you guys have made this far. Just hang in there, soon families will unite together.

Are we forgetting the wait of priority date and cut off date? Chill. The way AllhumdulilAllah we got thorugh that aggonizing duration/stage, this will soon end. And a new journey will also begin.

I wmhave yet bot been able to try the ceas website cause I'm on my way home, I will check once I reach home and update.

Thank you Asad, your words are quite comforting and yes all of us soon Inshallah will overcome this waiting period. Btw the website is working now, the only change I saw was today's date on it. How many date changes do you have on your status?

Timeline

2 changes to be precise after my interview on the 9th, on 10th and 11th it was updated. Nothing more.

Good Luck to all in AP

I also read somewhere here on VJ that when ever you send an e mail, the status gets updated on the website

Timeline

Thanks Asad for the ever calming words. You're always a go to person for this. You hang in there too ?

Timeline

You guys are always welcome, Hopefully we will go through this time aswell.

Hi Asad!! So they replied to my first inquiry but it looks like a generated response which says they cannot predict the estimated time and AP can be lengthy sometimes. Do you suggest I email them after 2 weeks? or 4? Also keep us updated on any changes for your case

Timeline

Dear Sarah, AOA, my suggestion would be just sit back and let them do their work, i think if i would have been at their place, i would have never bothered to come early to my office and go late just because i received a couple of e mails from the applicants/petitioners.

You see they want the cases to be finalized as quickly as possible too as they get overloaded with the inflow of the cases and slow outflow.

One of my friend told me a couple of days back that the courier guy once said to him if you e mail them then it also get delayed, (But these are not confirmed information as one person told me who heard it from another person who might have heard from another person) But logically saying, our e mails won't get things done swiftly, but yes we might get some information like yes your case is in its final stage, give us 2 more weeks or something.

My final suggestion, stop looking at the Calendar, stop counting the days. Keep things normal and use VIBER/SKYPE/WHATSAPP as you guys must be using.

Just pray when ever the visa is issued, and he travels to you. everything stays fine and your relationship gets stronger.

These times will parish like a fog in future. Amnesia is one of the best blessing Allah has given us.

Good Luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.