Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

This is what I got back in email after adding his son. Don't have an appointment "letter" though

Go to the embassy specific page and get help from anther people from that embassy there might know what it is so you can get this under control before your interview so the both can get the visa :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Our interview was successful! They took his passport and said to come back October 6th to pick up the visa. Is this too early to celebrate an approval? We're trying to figure out flights but unsure if we should wait until the visa is in hand. What are you all doing - buying tickets right away or waiting until you physically have the visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Our interview was successful! They took his passport and said to come back October 6th to pick up the visa. Is this too early to celebrate an approval? We're trying to figure out flights but unsure if we should wait until the visa is in hand. What are you all doing - buying tickets right away or waiting until you physically have the visa?

Hi Congratulations!!! Woohoo, time to celebrate!! For the tickets, you can start browsing just to get an idea of the cost but I would recommend waiting until you have the visa at hand before you purchase the flight tickets as anything can happen at this point. It's always good to be on the safe side. Congratulations again :) Edited by jozelle26

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Just wanted to come back and say thanks for everything thus far! My fiance entered the US on Friday POE Chicago where he had another very brief interview and then finally landed in Florida where we live. All I can say about this journey is wow...so thankful we made it. The journey is not over but at least he's here! Next is become the Mrs. and more paperwork! From what I've read he can't get a SSN or driver's license without his GC so we are in transition and adjustment stage now...hopefully not for long. :wub:

Glad to know your fiancé made it through Chicago Poe pretty easily. My fiancé is on his way here now, and a fellow member posted on another thread and it has me scared sick about him Entering in Chicago.

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Timeline

Dumb question, probably...but is the POE determined when your visa is issued or is it just where ever you end up buying your ticket to?

I don't get your question POE is the airport where he/she enter the country and give the package and is admitted in to the country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I haven't updated you guys but I have received my visa earlier this week and I'm flying next Friday. After 10 months, I finally get to be with him again. No words can express how overwhelmed I am, thank you all for your wonderful help and for always being there every step of the way. It's been a long tough journey but I'm finally so close.

Timeline

My fiancé made it. No issues at Chicago POE. Super fast and friendly. I can't believe he's finally here with us!

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

Timeline

I haven't updated you guys but I have received my visa earlier this week and I'm flying next Friday. After 10 months, I finally get to be with him again. No words can express how overwhelmed I am, thank you all for your wonderful help and for always being there every step of the way. It's been a long tough journey but I'm finally so close.

Congratulations!

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

He should be able to get a SSN without a green card. There are instructions here on VJ how to. It's really easy, free and comes in about one week.

Just wanted to come back and say thanks for everything thus far! My fiance entered the US on Friday POE Chicago where he had another very brief interview and then finally landed in Florida where we live. All I can say about this journey is wow...so thankful we made it. The journey is not over but at least he's here! Next is become the Mrs. and more paperwork! From what I've read he can't get a SSN or driver's license without his GC so we are in transition and adjustment stage now...hopefully not for long. :wub:

K1 Visa                                                                                                                                                                                     

02/22/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX                                                                                   

02/23/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

05/19/16....NOA2 Text and Email

06/09/16....NVC Received I-129F

06/10/16....Case Number Received

06/14/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

07/22/16....Interview

08/11/16....Visa Issued (14 business days)

08/26/16....POE Houston, TX

Formerly "SoonToBeMrsU" (L)

AOS from K1 Visa

10/31/16....AOS packet mailed to Chicago, IL

11/04/16....NOA1

11/28/16....Biometrics Appointment

01/04/17....I485 Status Update: Ready to schedule I485 Interview

03/09/17....EAD/AP Combo Card Received 

No not really because it will support as proof that she came to India along with her passport stamp and her boarding pass that you also have.

Phewwww!!! Finally, after a long stressful wait of 6 months we received our NOA2 approval yesterday night. My fiance almost jumped off the bed as she saw the approval text from USCIS and had tears of joy in her eyes.

We are really thankful to God and helpful people from this forum. Hope the next steps would be quite faster than before.

Now shall we wait for 14 days to start calling NVC and get the case number or something else needs to be done sideways too?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He had his interview on Friday. He was denied because "the doctor found him to be addicted to marijuana". This is very much untrue. I am looking for help on hardship, 601, etc. I do not want to leave Jamaica till he is with me.

Timeline

He had his interview on Friday. He was denied because "the doctor found him to be addicted to marijuana". This is very much untrue. I am looking for help on hardship, 601, etc. I do not want to leave Jamaica till he is with me.

I'm sorry to hear.

Did he admit to previous drug use or was it found in his system?

It depend on what the medical office does it in that country.

You should ask in the big forum/country forum for other who have been denied do to drugs in that country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.