Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, I already sent it! I'm just waiting to hear back for Packet 4. It's just that they haven't said anything so we're still on the Packet 3 part. I haven't heard anything back at all, minus the automated stuff.

Oh, wow, bummer. They sent mine super quick.... Well, fingers crossed for you!

02/01/2016- Mailed in K-1 petition to Dallas lockbox

02/05/2016- NOA1 text/email

02/13/2016- NOA1 hard copy received

04/07/2016- NOA2 (app./no text or email)

04/11/2016- NOA2 hard copy received

04/25/2016- NVC Recieved App

05/04/2016- Montreal Embassy Recieved App

05/31/2016- Medical

07/13/2016- Interview (Approved)

08/28/2016- Planned POE @Peace Bridge

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi everyone! My case is finally in transit to my consulate! Getting there soon!

I am now preparing my proof of on going relationship and yes we have a lot of recent pictures together and phone calls / messages. However, we dont have an engagement ring.. will that affect my interview? :(

K1 Visa

02/11/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

02/17/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/19/16....Notice date

02/22/16....NOA1 E-mail. Case sent to CSC

03/02/16....NOA1 Hard copy recieved

04/28/16....NOA2 Approved (Notification received from USCIS App)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! My case is finally in transit to my consulate! Getting there soon!

I am now preparing my proof of on going relationship and yes we have a lot of recent pictures together and phone calls / messages. However, we dont have an engagement ring.. will that affect my interview? :(

Won't hurt if you both have statements saying you intend to marry in 90 days after arrival in the US however you can pick up an affordable ring for $200 and it won't have to be a $10,000 diamond.

Timeline

Won't hurt if you both have statements saying you intend to marry in 90 days after arrival in the US however you can pick up an affordable ring for $200 and it won't have to be a $10,000 diamond.

Thank you for your reply! Yes we have the statements done. For the ring, I can buy one but the problem is my fiance just got back in the US; they might question why I bought my own ring! lol!

Chris98vf, May I also ask if your fiance went to get the commison on filipinos overseas yet? I am wondering if I will need it too.. I live in Singapore but I am thinking of flying back to manila to see my family and friends before I leave.

K1 Visa

02/19/16....Notice date

Thank you for your reply! Yes we have the statements done. For the ring, I can buy one but the problem is my fiance just got back in the US; they might question why I bought my own ring! lol!

Chris98vf, May I also ask if your fiance went to get the commison on filipinos overseas yet? I am wondering if I will need it too.. I live in Singapore but I am thinking of flying back to manila to see my family and friends before I leave.

Are you doing your CFO before your interview?

Timeline

I am actually not sure if I will be needing it if ever I will be having my flight from here in Singapore to US :|

K1 Visa

02/19/16....Notice date

Timeline

For those that have done their CFO, do you take your passport home the same day? Her interview is just days after the CFO

I am actually not sure if I will be needing it if ever I will be having my flight from here in Singapore to US :|

Oh I see. You should probably inquire in the embassy if you still need to do the CFO if you're flying out from Singapore.

FYI though, the CFO won't give you the sticker or stamp (I forgot which one they give) on your passport without your k1 visa. So if you did it before you receive your visa, you'll still have to go back to the CFO office.

Timeline

Oh I see. You should probably inquire in the embassy if you still need to do the CFO if you're flying out from Singapore.

FYI though, the CFO won't give you the sticker or stamp (I forgot which one they give) on your passport without your k1 visa. So if you did it before you receive your visa, you'll still have to go back to the CFO office.

Is the stamp a quick thing to get after taking the class? Or would it be a whole other day?

Is the stamp a quick thing to get after taking the class? Or would it be a whole other day?

Well i havent experienced this personally. Cos honestly with the very time consuming procedures here, i'm afraid to give estimates. LOL but if it was me, I'd give it half a day to do it. It should be a quick thing to do. But i don't think it'll take a day.

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

With a filing date of Feb 10 and still no NOA2, my fiancée and I are getting a little disappointed with the process and the waiting game. We are at day 95 since filing and wondering if, getting married and doing a CR-1, perhaps would had been a quicker way for us. Thank God we had a chance of seeing each other recently spending quality time together, however, the not knowing when we get approved is definitely killing us bringing our hopes down ???. I'd be nice to hear something, anything, from USCIS so we can move on with our lifes and plans to be together as family. Any other early February filer still waiting for approval and on the same boat as we? Please keep us in your prayers ?

On the other hand, is great to see so many consular interviews scheduled for the near future as well as several cases at the NVC stage, good luck to everyone!

Our NOA1 date was Feb 8 and no NOA2 yet. We get disappointed to see we don't hear anything while a lot of people are moving on so fast. But hey, we cannot control this process, waiting is a part of this game. Hanging there!

Feb 18th here and still waiting too!

Still waiting here too....

02/16/16 I-129F Mailed to Dallas Lockbox

02/29/16 I-129F Received and sent to CSC (as per USCIS app)

03/05/16 NOA1 Email Received

03/21/16 NOA1 Hardcopy Received

06/01/16 NOA2 Received as per USCIS app

06/xx/16 NVC received case

07/09/16 Case # and notice ID received via telephone

06/28/16 Case created at Embassy (as per CEAC status)

07/13/16 Updated address change for both USC and beneficiary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.