RaLoveMG

How to schedule an appointment for K1 in Cambodia ?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Excuse me brother/sister here , When will we go to ustraveldocs.com and pay 265$ for the visa fees ? I checked the consulate review in Cambodia and they said that " Check on US embassy website for the update appointments to find yours updated weekly " what does it mean ? As I used to apply for the tourist visa before , I just go to www.ustraveldocs.com and paid for the visa fees then I got my appointment date and printed it to the interview , Is it the same processing to make K1 appointment letter like this or the embassy schedule the appointment for us ? Thanks you so much

For a K-1 visa, review the guides for the process. The guides are a wealth of knowledge available to everyone on the forums. It's not as simple as paying a fee online and scheduling an appointment.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Good luck!

Wife US Citizen/Husband UK Citizen

2mpdjqe.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Excuse me brother/sister here , When will we go to ustraveldocs.com and pay 265$ for the visa fees ? I checked the consulate review in Cambodia and they said that " Check on US embassy website for the update appointments to find yours updated weekly " what does it mean ? As I used to apply for the tourist visa before , I just go to www.ustraveldocs.com and paid for the visa fees then I got my appointment date and printed it to the interview , Is it the same processing to make K1 appointment letter like this or the embassy schedule the appointment for us ? Thanks you so much

For K-1 US Embassy at Phnom Penh schedule your interview. It's up to them. You have nothing to do with interview schedule

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Once you see that your appointment has been scheduled, you can pay for the visa fee anytime as it good for one year from the date of payment. Just make sure you keep the receipt safe and sound and have your fiancé bring this receipt along with all the paperwork needed to the interview. The Phnom Penh Embassy only schedules your appointment once your case is it received and processed at the embassy. Once it's there, your fiancé in Cambodia will need to fill out the form DS-160 online and email the confirmation page to the embassy. The details are pretty clearly written in packet 3. Once the embassy receives this confirmation by email, they will then schedule your interview date. So basically you can pay your visa fee anytime up until the day of the interview. My fiancé does not have his interview until March 22, 2016 but I had him pay the visa fee ahead of time just so he can have one less thing to worry about later. If you have any other questions, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

You do not have to wait for packet 3, this packet is not sent to you. You can print it out from the Phnom Penh embassy website. Once you print it out, read through it, it will give you instructions on what to do next. You need to print out packet 3 before you submit DS-160 as this gives you the instructions and email address that you need to send the DS-160 confirmation page to. Once they receive your confirmation page, it takes about a week to 10 days for them to add your PHP case number to the list for interviews. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

• 2 months later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello every body now i meet the same this case too i wait embassy sent me a letter one month ready , how should i do? but one letter they just sent to my fiancee they had received a petition entitling you to k1 . Pleace go to http:cambodia.usembassy.gov/packet_3.html. download packet 3 and follow the instruction in the packet_3 very carefully .

question: should i complete DS160 first i get letter from embassy? or i must wait them and how long i must wait them?

Thank advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Asia/East & Pacific regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 3 years later...
Timeline

I'm struggling to figure out how to schedule a K-1 interview in Phnom Penh. I am pretty sure I have read everything. My fiancee submitted her Ds-160 and paid the fee to the bank but we don;t know what to do next. The ustraveldocs page says no interview dates available. does the embassy in Cambodia just schedule appointments on its own and if so when? What triggers that and how are we notified? Or does she have to schedule it somehow?

• 3 months later...
Timeline

I'm having the same problem. After submitted DS-160 and paid fee at ACLEDA bank, I didn't get any receipt number as asked by https://cgifederal.secure.force.com. When asked the bank teller she didn't know anything. After 2 days of payment I logged back in CGI # is listed automatically in receipt number. And when continue I got "There are currently no appointments available". It has been 3 weeks now since we paid the fee. My question are: is receipt number the aS CGI number? Do they provide appointment date via email or what else do I need to do to trigger appointment date? 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Ung said:

I'm having the same problem. After submitted DS-160 and paid fee at ACLEDA bank, I didn't get any receipt number as asked by https://cgifederal.secure.force.com. When asked the bank teller she didn't know anything. After 2 days of payment I logged back in CGI # is listed automatically in receipt number. And when continue I got "There are currently no appointments available". It has been 3 weeks now since we paid the fee. My question are: is receipt number the aS CGI number? Do they provide appointment date via email or what else do I need to do to trigger appointment date? When will I have Medical Examination and where?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.