Renee2016

So tired of this visa process

48 posts in this topic

Chandralima - I totally understand your frustration. I am on the same boat .. I totally understand that this additional AP is applied to a whole country for some heinous criminals and their act and Innocent people like us whose lives are on hold... While I can't hold US GOVT responsible as they are doing they primary JOB keeping Americans safe ... But I think we can bring this to our Government attention that there is nothing wrong to have somewhat more transparency by bringing timely communication. There is nothing wrong on their part by doing so. SO i ask all VSJ members (K1 applicants) Can we organize an effort to reach to our respected senators and ask them to help us with this? Little communication goes a LOOOONNNNGGG way to bring some sanity and peace in our minds.

Ashif Rahman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I will do anything to help this process.. I understand Ap but we both no it doesnt take this long some wait days or one month others monthes until someone decides. There just needs to be structure a better system and a time frame for Ap

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I understand your frustration. First, what are your goals once you come here? do you have a career? In the meantime, you should take some English classes if you can. It seems you are lacking some basic english. Also, work on your resume. Get familiar with the american cultures. This would help you dramatically once you are here in establishing yourself among americans. Be prepared to wait.. but in the meantime, work on making sure you wont have any issues being assimilated into the american culture!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I understand your frustration. First, what are your goals once you come here? do you have a career? In the meantime, you should take some English classes if you can. It seems you are lacking some basic english. Also, work on your resume. Get familiar with the american cultures. This would help you dramatically once you are here in establishing yourself among americans. Be prepared to wait.. but in the meantime, work on making sure you wont have any issues being assimilated into the american culture!!

Yes it has been frustrating , my consolation is, I am with my husband..what I am doing to kill time is take online class, attended workshop on Skills for Success that made me learn that American resume is short and I don't need to include age, religion , height, birthday as it is not legal to ask for your age because its a form of discrimination as well as how to go about job interviews here unlike in our country that resume needs to be long and should include the personal background as we have age limit to get a job. I also do volunteer work which open doors and a way to meet people. They are willing to hire me once I am legally allowed to work so its like planting seed.

Edited by amberammo9915

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This visa process is sooo stressful!! There has to be something done still waiting since Nov 30 just needed to vent

HI man never give up , did you have your interview or not yet ?

Timeline

Had his interview NOV 30 status stuck on ready

Had his interview NOV 30 status stuck on ready

its normal ther verfy a lot recently especially from countries like pakistan , so it was order from obama to work hard on K1 visa because some crinimals came trough K1 visa and the made some mess

Timeline

its normal ther verfy a lot recently especially from countries like pakistan , so it was order from obama to work hard on K1 visa because some crinimals came trough K1 visa and the made some mess

look My status is stucking in Issued but there no passport since long time ,its ok we have nothing to do

Timeline

Guess its just the not knowing makes you crazy. Just want to marry the man I love.I understand the security checks just some people get there visa quick others stuck forever!!! They never said denied or approved makes you nuts really

Timeline

Guess its just the not knowing makes you crazy. Just want to marry the man I love.I understand the security checks just some people get there visa quick others stuck forever!!! They never said denied or approved makes you nuts really

oh Yes i can understand , so what the consular officer told him after the interview ??

Timeline

We didnt receive anything... He got interviewed at the window then in the back. They kept his passport and said go home will contact you. Now just ready when I call they say its in Ap

Timeline

We didnt receive anything... He got interviewed at the window then in the back. They kept his passport and said go home will contact you. Now just ready when I call they say its in Ap

If they kept his passport it Means his visa is approved , and If thet said its In AP the status on ceac is not counted ,, soon it will be Issued

Timeline

If they kept his passport it Means his visa is approved , and If thet said its In AP the status on ceac is not counted ,, soon it will be Issued

normally AP takes two months for the whole background checks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.