Sign in to follow this  
charlyeldios

Affidavit... who and when to file it?

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I've read in the USCIS web page that the I-134 Affidavit Form must be filed at the same time that the I-129F petition. But going through the VJ's K-1 guide I've read that I should send the I-134 to my Fiance after I get the notification that the I-129 is approved (NOA2). So, I don't know what to do... I hope you can help me, Faye.

Hi everyone, I've read in the USCIS web page that the I-134 Affidavit Form must be filed at the same time that the I-129F petition. But going through the VJ's K-1 guide I've read that I should send the I-134 to my Fiance after I get the notification that the I-129 is approved (NOA2). So, I don't know what to do... I hope you can help me, Faye.

I believe that the I-134 gets completed after the NOA2. I sent my I-129 in without the I-134.

Reach449

SAO'S AND RANDY'S TIMELINES:

K-1

03/05/07-NAO1

06/03/07-NOA2

08/06/07-INTERVIEW>>PASSED INTERVIEW!!

08/21/07-POE LAX!!!

09/24/07-Wedding

AOS:

10/29/07-All, (three) NOA1's received in the mail!

11/20/07-Biometric's Appointment/Complied with..no problems

12/18/07-NOA for interview appointment...02/12/08

01/04/08-Recieved EAD card and AP in the US mail!

02/12/08-AOS APPROVED AT INTERVIEW; CARD ORDERED

02/28/08-Green Card arrived in mail.

Removal of Conditions:

11/12/09-Mailed I-751 package

11/23/09-NOA 1

01/21/10-USCIS confirms no Biometrics

02/16/10-Card Production ordered

02/27/10-Green Card arrived!

N-400 Naturalization Citizenship:

12/12/2014-N-400 Package received by Lewisville Lockbox

12/18/2014-I-797C NOA received in mail; sent in old version of N-400

01/02/2014-USCIS Lewisville Received Package

01/06/2014-Checked Cashed

01/12/2014-Email from USCIS Receipt of Package

02/03/15-Biometrics Completed

02/04/15-USCIS notice of scheduling Interview

02/24/15-Interview scheduled for 03/31/2015

03/31/2015-Interview>Went Very well!

04/28/2015-OATH

Hi,

I-134 or the Affidavit of Support must be send to your fiance before the Interview date at the USE. this is at the last phase after your fiance got her K-Packet. So you dont have to send it together with the I-129f. I just got my I-134 last week from my husband to be and my interview will be on April 4, 2007 and got finished with my medical too at St. Luke's so dont worry if you just starting to file your I-129f your still have loong way to go before they will ask about the I-134. Well I think that NVC and the other Center have the same procedure.

Hope this may help and enllighten you.

Chona and William

If your embassy/consulate requires the affidavit of support, you send to your fiancee to have at the interview. I am going through Casablanca and it is not required there. Find out what your embassy/consulate needs at the interview. If they require it, the interview is the time to produce it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.