Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

I posted my interview experience, and I brought up my traffic citation hesitantly and the IO dismissed it because it wasn't a DUI nor injury-causing.

For reference, my ticket was by an automated red light camera that photographed me running a red light (by accident). It cost me $100. I brought a copy of the ticket and proof of payment, but the IO dismissed it when I brought it up, so I never even took the documentation out.

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

I got a no insurance ticket because my husband forgot to put the insurance card in my car ;) I took the proof into the office the next day. Even if they wanted to see proof it no longer existed since it was over three years ago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

ok,,,,,but it's ok If I marked no? it was an honest mistake....for me citation is when you get arrested and you need to appear in front of a judge....

so if he gets to the part I will say the truth...if is not mention I wont do it either... sounds right?

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

I also marked no forgetting about it since there was no fine. If the IO brings it up have them correct it since it was an honest mistake I'm sure it will be okay.

I didn't offer information that wasn't asked.

Edited by Tim & Cai

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Anyone here from Chicago that is still in line, waiting an interview date? I am starting to get really anxious about it. :(

Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart"

our extended timeline

05/05 - Entered US
10/3 - Mailed I-485 and I-765
10/14 - NOA1 for AOS and I-765.
10/22 - I-485 Biometrics NOA received, appt 11/15
10/27 - Touched on both I-485 and I-765.
10/31 - I-765 Biometrics NOA dated 10/24. Appt on 11/29 at 12PM.
11/15 - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765 done on same day.
11/16 & 27 - Case "touched" on bcis.gov.
12/7 - EAD approval by e-mail. Card is on its way. Thank you Lord!!
12/12 - Received EAD.
1/9/06 - Applied for SSN. Received 1/17
3/30 - Got our AOS Interview notice!! Interview date 5/31
5/31/06 - Permanent residency granted! Passport stamped IR6. God is so faithful!

2/2/16 - Mailed in N-400 paperwork

2/10/16 - Received text that N-400 paperwork was received.

2/16/16 - Text that fingerprint appointment has been scheduled.

3/1/16 - Biometrics interview, Naperville, IL

3/11/16 - E-notice that case is in line for an interview

7/8/16 - Text/site updated that Interview date has been assigned

7/14/16 - Received letter dated 7/11 with interview date on 8/11
8/11/16 - Interview, given paper that said passed test but no decision can be made at this time.

10/18/16 - Received text, status online updated to say oath ceremony has been scheduled!!!!

Notice: I am not a lawyer nor legal profession; my posts on this website are just my lay opinions, formulated from my own case.

I ve heard they were giving priority (timeline shorter) to those cases with fp appmnt by april 15.

Coincidence or not after that is when cases are stock in line....

I have two friends one in MASS other one in FL both waiting to have interview schedule since april 19.

Timeline

I just called the USCIS and told my story to the costumer service rep...she told me I did good by replying NO to the question 23 because unless is above $500 or DIU related, it shouldn't be disclosed...

so now I feel better hahahaha Im sorry guys,,,,Im just super anxious

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

by the way my husband and I are celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary today (L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing:

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

I marked no on my N400 as well, and only had to clarify my hesitation (since you know, I'm under oath in there).

Happy anniversary!

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

Timeline

I marked no on my N400 as well, and only had to clarify my hesitation (since you know, I'm under oath in there).

Happy anniversary!

good to know!! thanks!!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

OATH CEREMONY SCHEDULED!

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

Thats how I took the instructions to but honestly I forgot about my ticket until it was brought up in this forum. Happy anniversary Andrea (F)

OATH CEREMONY SCHEDULED!

Congrats akihin

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Guys,

My interview in this thursday and Im very nervous and stressed already...Got some issues...

I made sure to read carefully the n400 instructions but the part if I ever been arrested etc etc I marked NO which is true. I only had a minor traffic ticket NO dui related or accident or injured related...It was under $200. I fought the ticket and it got dismissed no money owed...

Then reading some things I realized a ticket is in fact a citation but then I was like it shouldn't be a big issue cause the instructions says that anything below $500 and or DIU related it shouldn't be disclosed...

But now I don't know....I printed out the case from my county clerk website plus an attached document with my drving history from the DMV (which is funny because the ticket doesn't appear on my driving history)....

So now I dont know what to do :/ should I explain the IO what happened? should I not say anything considering is under $500 and no DIU related?

Im freaking out

Please which website did you use to print out the ticket case and driving history, I need to print mine too.

Thank you.

Anyone here from Chicago that is still in line, waiting an interview date? I am starting to get really anxious about it. :(

Have you called? Your timeline isn't very far off mine

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.