jawadviah

case returned to (USCIS) for further review

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

2far, on 14 Jan 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:snapback.png

Unfortunately, this means that the consulate has denied your K-1 visa. The petition will be returned to USCIS, and your petitioner will eventually (could take many months) receive a letter saying that it has expired.

From here, your fiance can file another petition for K-1, or you can marry and file for a CR-1 spouse visa. Best of luck to you

And the good news is you likely won't be stuck at the Texas Service Center the K-1 should go go CSC where it will be worked in 25-55 day range.

Hang in there

Tyler

huh?????? his visa was denied, you answer has nothing to do with his case

It actually has everything to do with his case. He was told by another poster that he may need to refile another K-1.

They were stuck in Texas Service Center before for many, many months. I'm telling him that if he has to refile then California will be much quicker.

Hopefully he finds another resolution and doesn't have to refile though.

Tyler

Filed: Other Country: Cuba
Timeline

He said he was denied a K1 - in 2010 they waited and applied for a CR1- so it seems he got married and is in AP not a denial? Not really sure since it seems to be a little unclear.

If you applied for a Fiance Visa K-1 - and they sent the file back to USCIS then it is denied, it will say refused on the NVC site.

If they have your passport and you check online and it says Administration processing you are in AP and it is not denied -

Good luck

2nd go round

1st K-1 Denied

Subitted Feb 2-6-15

NOA1 - 2-18-15

NOA2 - 8-18-15

Interview 11-25-15 - Denied

And Here we go again -

New K1 submitted - 1-9-16

NOA1 - 1-12-16 (according to USCIS)

Text received 1-15-16

hardcopy - not received yet as of 1-26-16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

we aplied for a k1 visa.i said they sent me an email saying that they sent back my case to usa .its been 1 week now.when i cheked the website still saying ap.when i cheked the usc...... website saying that they sent my case to nvc in febraury 2015.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 9:34 PM, Gafelkins56 said:

is there anywhere on VJ u can follow ANY/all returned petitions to USICS????

Did you hear back yet? was there a reason your case was returned? My husband is in administrative processing now because of his police report which we sent the day of the interview and they received the next day. I am so worried now. 

8 minutes ago, skarim6 said:

Did you hear back yet? was there a reason your case was returned? My husband is in administrative processing now because of his police report which we sent the day of the interview and they received the next day. I am so worried now. 

Don’t worry.  All petitions go into administrative processing after the interview.  Give them a week to review the police report and you should be good to go.  Did they keep the passport to return it after the interview?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Don’t worry.  All petitions go into administrative processing after the interview.  Give them a week to review the police report and you should be good to go.  Did they keep the passport to return it after the interview?

Yes, they took his passport. I hope we hear back in a week. I have been reading a lot of horror stories but your response gives me hope. Thank you so much!

5 minutes ago, skarim6 said:

Yes, they took his passport. I hope we hear back in a week. I have been reading a lot of horror stories but your response gives me hope. Thank you so much!

Generally if they take the passport you are good to go.  If they give it back, you will not get the stamp at that time.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.