yemathums

Everything for the initial submission

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am currently assembling my initial submission package with the I-129f, and want to make sure of what it is I need for this initial submission. Currently I have: I-129f, G-325a's from each of us, the intent to marry letters, about 110 pictures, 5 ish pages of chat history for each of the 11 months we have been dating(I hope this is enough), a lease from where we lived together for 6 months, declaration of how we met, student cards from the same school, student visas from Japan with our shared address on them, and a passport photo of her. I still need to get my birth certificate copied. I have seen the timelines and 10 years residency on this forum, but are those something that get sent with the I-129f? They seem to have case numbers listed on them, and presumably we won't have one until we submit our case. I also am curious as to when the financial stuff comes into play, but from reading the forum I think it is before the interview. I want to get this sent out sooner rather than later, but making sure they have everything they need to review our case quickly is the most important. What else do I need?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Cover Letter

G-1145 if you would like to receive email/text message updates.

Passport picture for BOTH petitioner and beneficiary

Any proof of your visits, ie, receipts, boarding pass, passport stamps, etc

WAY TOO MANY PICTURES 5-6 is sufficient.

Financial documents are to be sent to the beneficiary to take to interview.

IDK what this 10 year residency stuff is about. Are you not a natural born USC?

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am a native USC, I just kept hearing about it, and saw some examples so I thought we needed it. I also thought I saw some people saying they sent a lot of pictures, and a lot more chat logs than me, so I was just trying to be thorough and make sure we don't get asked for more information, delaying the process. I have not visited her in Vietnam yet, so I have no boarding passes or anything for visits, but we met studying abroad in Japan, and lived together there. So what about the timeline, is that in the first package, or does that come later? I saw some people say if you need it they will ask for it, but if they will likely need it I'd like to get it to them soon as I can.

Edited by yemathums

It is always good to front load your I-129F with pictures and stuff since Vietnam is a high-fraud country.

You might or might not need the 10-yr residency but it is good to have one. Timeline relationship is another document that is also helpful but not required. All of these are to be presented to the consular officer at the interview, not with the initial filing. Same thing with the I-134, tax transcripts, bank stmt, employer's letter, etc.

Picture or receipt of the engagement ring is also helpful, though not required. Have you sent her money? If so, include receipts from Western Union, Moneygram, etc.

Remember, Vietnam is a high-fraud country. Better be prepared than sorry.

Edited by frontgear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.