6999miles

Sharing my Good CFO Experience (December 17, 2015)

8 posts in this topic

Before I attended my CFO seminar, I read a lot of CFO seminar experiences here on Visajourney and most of them were negative so I was terrified to attend it. I even felt the it was more nerve racking than the Medical and interview so I thought why not share my good CFO experience.

I read Hank's guide so many times! (Thank, Hanks_!) and made sure that I have all my documents with me. (Unfortunately, I didn't have my original CEMAR and Parental advice letter so that worried me more). I didn't want to miss it again or get rescheduled cause my flight would be on the 20th of December. (I missed my original appointment which was on November 11, went to SMEF-COW and PRISM and got told that they don't do the CFO seminar anymore. Yup, I read so much and realized too late that most of them were posted 2-3 years ago lol my bad. I got to the CFO bulding at 1:00pm and they didn't accept me anymore because I was scheduled at 9:00am). And I left home really early so I wound't be late!

:oops: Do not be late on your scheduled appointment and make sure that the thread you are reading and getting information is recent!

So here's my CFO Seminar Experience:

6:00 am – There were already a long line outside the CFO building

6:50 am – The guards and a CFO employee started to let people in. I submitted my PhilHealth ID and Appointment confirmation letter and was given an ID with letter “F” on it.

7:30 am – We were instructed to go to the 3rd floor. The CFO employee (1) asked if we have visa or not and gave us forms to fill out. If you have your visa on your passport, you will be given 2 forms and if you don’t have your visa yet, only 1 form will be given to you. Another CFO employee (2) checked the forms and made sure that everything was answered and instructed me to wait for my name to be called.

The CFO employee (1) called my name and instructed me to sit down, asked for my husband’s birthday and took a picture of me for the GCP certificate.

8:00 am – We were told that we could eat breakfast or stay inside the room and wait for the seminar at 9:00 am.

9:20 am – The counselor was late. He introduced himself, gave us pamphlets about Departure Checklist and Women's Rights and started the one-on-one interview. He played videos for us to watch about immigration and naturalization while we were waiting for our names to be called.

Questions that were asked to me:

1. When did you get married?
  2. Have you meet his parents?
  3. When did he acquire his US citizenship?
  4. What are your plans when you get there?

Documents that were asked from me:

1. Naturalization Certificate of my husband

I was very nervous and shaking and all but my interview lasted less than 5 minutes! I was relieved when the interview ended and was really glad when he instructed me to go back to the room and just wait for the group session.

11:00 am - Started the group session. He discussed the following:

• About the CFO and its objectives
  • 10 Characteristics of Successful Relationships
  • Intermarriage and Cultural differences
  • Physical, Verbal, Emotional, Financial, Physiological Abuse
  • Getting State ID, Driver’s License, SSN and Green Card

I was so busy with negative self-thoughts the whole waiting time before the whole seminar started but it turned out really well. To be honest though, I knew already the topics that were discussed specially about the IDs, SSN and Green card as I've read them online and on Visa Journey.

12:45 nn - The seminar ended and we were instructed to go on the first floor and lined up on the cashier to pay 400 pesos. The CFO Employee (3) started calling names so the line wasn't followed. I paid 400 pesos and gave my passport.

1:30 pm - My name was called and my passport was released with the GCP certificate and Emigrant sticker.

:oops: And don't forget to surrender the CFO ID and get your valid ID back before leaving the building.

There was one in our group that was asked to come back. I suggest you take all the papers you brought to the interview and make extra copies of your documents too! Also, I've seen a lot of people calling and texting their partners because they couldn't answer the questions on the form.

As long as you know all the information about your fiance or spouse (past relationships, educational attainment, mother's maiden name) and you have all the documents with you, the seminar will be as easy as 1, 2, 3!

Good luck to everyone and God bless!

Removal of Condition Timeline 

09/22/2017: 90 Day Window Opened

09/29/2017: I-751 Package Mailed to USPS

10/02/2017: I-751 Package Delivered to CSC

10/04/2017: Check Cashed

10/06/2017: NOA1 Received (Dated 10/02/2017)

10/16/2017: Biometrics Letter Received (Dated 10/06/2017)

10/25/2017: Biometrics Appointment at 11:00 am (Took only 15 minutes)

08/17/2018: 18 Months Extension Letter Received (Dated 08/11/2018)

01/03/2019: Transfer Notice to Lee Missouri Received (Dated 12/20/2018)

06/05/2019: Interview conducted but still have to wait for an approval. Case Status Changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

06/06/2019: Case Status Changed to "Case was Approved"

06/06/2019: Approval Notice Received (Dated 06/05/2019)

N400 Timeline

09/22/2018: Eligible to Apply

09/26/2018: N400 Application Submitted Online

09/27/2018: Received Receipt Notice

09/29/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/19/2018: Biometrics Appointment

05/01/2019: Case Status Changed to "Interview Scheduled"

05/06/2019: Received Interview Letter

06/05/2019: Interview - Approved

06/10/2019: Case Status Changed to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"

06/27/2019: Case Status Changed to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed" 

06/28/2019: Oath Ceremony Notice was uploaded on my USCIS account

07/25/2019: Oath Ceremony

Thank you for the review. I'm glad Hank's guide helped you in the passing of the CFO. You made some good real world experience comments. This helps others who are about to do CFO. Safe travels.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

And thanks to you too, Greenbaum! (L) I was trying to remember who has the other account that has the arrow and link for K1-VISA! Your site has been really helpful too! I don't know if it's just me tho but I couldn't click the links on your site. Again, thank you :)

Removal of Condition Timeline 

09/22/2017: 90 Day Window Opened

09/29/2017: I-751 Package Mailed to USPS

10/02/2017: I-751 Package Delivered to CSC

10/04/2017: Check Cashed

10/06/2017: NOA1 Received (Dated 10/02/2017)

10/16/2017: Biometrics Letter Received (Dated 10/06/2017)

10/25/2017: Biometrics Appointment at 11:00 am (Took only 15 minutes)

08/17/2018: 18 Months Extension Letter Received (Dated 08/11/2018)

01/03/2019: Transfer Notice to Lee Missouri Received (Dated 12/20/2018)

06/05/2019: Interview conducted but still have to wait for an approval. Case Status Changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

06/06/2019: Case Status Changed to "Case was Approved"

06/06/2019: Approval Notice Received (Dated 06/05/2019)

N400 Timeline

09/22/2018: Eligible to Apply

09/26/2018: N400 Application Submitted Online

09/27/2018: Received Receipt Notice

09/29/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/19/2018: Biometrics Appointment

05/01/2019: Case Status Changed to "Interview Scheduled"

05/06/2019: Received Interview Letter

06/05/2019: Interview - Approved

06/10/2019: Case Status Changed to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"

06/27/2019: Case Status Changed to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed" 

06/28/2019: Oath Ceremony Notice was uploaded on my USCIS account

07/25/2019: Oath Ceremony

• 7 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Before I attended my CFO seminar, I read a lot of CFO seminar experiences here on Visajourney and most of them were negative so I was terrified to attend it. I even felt the it was more nerve racking than the Medical and interview so I thought why not share my good CFO experience.

I read Hank's guide so many times! (Thank, Hanks_!) and made sure that I have all my documents with me. (Unfortunately, I didn't have my original CEMAR and Parental advice letter so that worried me more). I didn't want to miss it again or get rescheduled cause my flight would be on the 20th of December. (I missed my original appointment which was on November 11, went to SMEF-COW and PRISM and got told that they don't do the CFO seminar anymore. Yup, I read so much and realized too late that most of them were posted 2-3 years ago lol my bad. I got to the CFO bulding at 1:00pm and they didn't accept me anymore because I was scheduled at 9:00am). And I left home really early so I wound't be late!

:oops: Do not be late on your scheduled appointment and make sure that the thread you are reading and getting information is recent!

6:50 am – The guards and a CFO employee started to let people in. I submitted my PhilHealth ID and Appointment confirmation letter and was given an ID with letter “F” on it.

7:30 am – We were instructed to go to the 3rd floor. The CFO employee (1) asked if we have visa or not and gave us forms to fill out. If you have your visa on your passport, you will be given 2 forms and if you don’t have your visa yet, only 1 form will be given to you. Another CFO employee (2) checked the forms and made sure that everything was answered and instructed me to wait for my name to be called.

The CFO employee (1) called my name and instructed me to sit down, asked for my husband’s birthday and took a picture of me for the GCP certificate.

8:00 am – We were told that we could eat breakfast or stay inside the room and wait for the seminar at 9:00 am.

9:20 am – The counselor was late. He introduced himself, gave us pamphlets about Departure Checklist and Women's Rights and started the one-on-one interview. He played videos for us to watch about immigration and naturalization while we were waiting for our names to be called.

I was very nervous and shaking and all but my interview lasted less than 5 minutes! I was relieved when the interview ended and was really glad when he instructed me to go back to the room and just wait for the group session.

I was so busy with negative self-thoughts the whole waiting time before the whole seminar started but it turned out really well. To be honest though, I knew already the topics that were discussed specially about the IDs, SSN and Green card as I've read them online and on Visa Journey.

12:45 nn - The seminar ended and we were instructed to go on the first floor and lined up on the cashier to pay 400 pesos. The CFO Employee (3) started calling names so the line wasn't followed. I paid 400 pesos and gave my passport.

1:30 pm - My name was called and my passport was released with the GCP certificate and Emigrant sticker.

:oops: And don't forget to surrender the CFO ID and get your valid ID back before leaving the building.

There was one in our group that was asked to come back. I suggest you take all the papers you brought to the interview and make extra copies of your documents too! Also, I've seen a lot of people calling and texting their partners because they couldn't answer the questions on the form.

As long as you know all the information about your fiance or spouse (past relationships, educational attainment, mother's maiden name) and you have all the documents with you, the seminar will be as easy as 1, 2, 3!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How did you get the copy of the naturalization certificate? It's punishable by law to copy, print or photograph without

lawful authority.

Passport copy should be enough. Another typical Philippine gov't. red tape! Instead of making it easy for the people.

They make it hard and complicated!!

How did you get the copy of the naturalization certificate? It's punishable by law to copy, print or photograph without

lawful authority.

Passport copy should be enough. Another typical Philippine gov't. red tape! Instead of making it easy for the people.

They make it hard and complicated!!

Your replying to a thread that is almost a year old. Also, the OP has not been on since February so I doubt they are gong to respond. If you have a question start a new thread.

It's not hard or complicated. Just follow the directives, ask questions and have patience. It's easier to swim down stream then up stream. Your choice.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Zombie thread locked. PLease create your own thread for your own questions and if commenting on another member's thread, pay attention to the date of the Op and the last reply. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.