1,055 posts in this topic

Wow Sandra... you wear many hats.. **kudos** :wow:

I listened to your session on the radio and you're great and encouraging on air. Keep up the good work. Anyone can be inspired from your sermon today.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Rebirth I am glad you liked my gospel program. My web program is every Saturday at 4pm Eastern time. We had some problems with the songs because the person taking care of the sound he put the songs I chose but because he doesn't understand English he was a bit lost lol,but Saturday I will have back the person who takes care of the sound.Tune in every Saturday, it's always a blessing.

My Web radio was registered with the wrong name, instead living they put linving but we will change in the future.

http://linvingwatergospelradio.com

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oreowal1 You won't be able to find free therapy sessions but many clinics have low fees.Try to find a clinic instead one psychologist working alone,but make sure before you start the therapy sessions that they will draft a psychological evaluation for you.

Hi, I was able to get free couselling in NYC but that's after I had called the police & then the DA office contact me & refer me to this program that helps domestic violence victims. At first I refused the help but when I realize I was becoming so afraid I reached out to them & they took me in. I started counseling long before I filed my VAWA not knowing it would be so much help since it's a government place getting an evaluation from them was helpful I believe. Are you in NY?

Filed: Timeline

What to do when you can afford therapy- please note we are talking about continuing therapy NOT the evaluation that may be needed for VAWA.

Insurance- check with your carrier. If you do not have insurance look into obamacare or medicaid.

Training clinic/ community mental health center- A site like openconseling.com can help you find locations in your area. They are typically cheaper.

Support groups- typically a free service or minimal cost for a group setting.

Self help books/podcasts/websites- another free or low cost idea to continue getting help with out a weekly pricetag

Discounted rates/sliding scale- Many doctors offer a sliding scale based on income but you typically have to ask- so ask what the office can do to help make it more affordable if you are struggling to keep up.

Religious congregation- If you belong to one seek out help there. They may be able to do a collection or use their funds already collected to assist you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

After over 18 months of waiting since my I-360 approval, with great advice from Sandranj & Hypnos, incredible amount of help from the USCIS ombudsman's office, and numerous infopass appointments, I finally had my Vawa based I-485 interview.

I received my interview notice a little bit over a week before the actual interview. I was very surprised about this short notice because USCIS normally issues notices about 20 days or more before the interview. I was super stressed due to sensitive nature of my case and the fact that I wasn't sure if I would have enough time to prepare.

My interview was at 2pm, I showed up at 1:30pm with my attorney to check in. We were lead to the waiting room where we sat down. I patiently waited for nearly 2 hours until my lawyer went to speak to someone. A few minutes later a USCIS officer finally waived us into the office area. The officer, an immigrant with a strong accent, was very nice. She told us to sit down, she asked me for my passport and took the I-94 with my parole stamp in it. She told me a little about herself, and that she lived in my home town for many years and how much she loves Canada and visits often. She read a bit of the file, then proceeded to ask me a few questions from the I-485 application and asked me about what I did for a living. Lastly she told me that my fingerprints may need to be taken again but she will recommend for my case to be approved and that I should receive correspondence within 30 days. That was it, it lasted 15- 20 minutes.

My advice for the I-485 interview

-prepare (because not all of them are easy breezy)

-get there early

-bring a lawyer (my lawyer is great, knew everyone in that office)

-be polite

-only answer the questions that are asked by the officer

-be patient for a tiny bit longer (not all cases are approved on the spot)

I'll post my timeline very soon and let you guys know what happens next

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

After over 18 months of waiting since my I-360 approval, with great advice from Sandranj & Hypnos, incredible amount of help from the USCIS ombudsman's office, and numerous infopass appointments, I finally had my Vawa based I-485 interview.

I received my interview notice a little bit over a week before the actual interview. I was very surprised about this short notice because USCIS normally issues notices about 20 days or more before the interview. I was super stressed due to sensitive nature of my case and the fact that I wasn't sure if I would have enough time to prepare.

My interview was at 2pm, I showed up at 1:30pm with my attorney to check in. We were lead to the waiting room where we sat down. I patiently waited for nearly 2 hours until my lawyer went to speak to someone. A few minutes later a USCIS officer finally waived us into the office area. The officer, an immigrant with a strong accent, was very nice. She told us to sit down, she asked me for my passport and took the I-94 with my parole stamp in it. She told me a little about herself, and that she lived in my home town for many years and how much she loves Canada and visits often. She read a bit of the file, then proceeded to ask me a few questions from the I-485 application and asked me about what I did for a living. Lastly she told me that my fingerprints may need to be taken again but she will recommend for my case to be approved and that I should receive correspondence within 30 days. That was it, it lasted 15- 20 minutes.

My advice for the I-485 interview

-prepare (because not all of them are easy breezy)

-get there early

-bring a lawyer (my lawyer is great, knew everyone in that office)

-be polite

-only answer the questions that are asked by the officer

-be patient for a tiny bit longer (not all cases are approved on the spot)

I'll post my timeline very soon and let you guys know what happens next

Congrats .. You have been waiting a long time buddy

Filed: Timeline

dear every one

sandra

hypnos

i need your help to know the difference between follow to join and accompanying

it is said that accompanying is better

i live in America

adjusted my status in January 2016

my two kids 10 12 live abroad

they are mentioned as my derivative beneficiaries in my vawa application

should i go to my country register in USA embassy to confer my status to them ?

or what to do ?

thank you

Edited by hopeholder5922323

Timeline

Thanks Sandranj

Congrats .. You have been waiting a long time buddy

Thanks bro, indeed I've been waiting for a while, hopefully it won't be too much longer until the card

congratulations blest.but.strest.

Thanks coolbeans

Timeline

Just 2 days after my Vawa based I-485 interview, I received an email confirming the approval of my I-485. I am now waiting for the official welcome letter aswell as production and shipment of my Permanent Resident Card.

Praise the lord! Thank you God!

Special thanks to Sandranj for being a such an amazing, intelligent, extremely knowledgeable, helpful and caring person. Thank you for helping us and asking nothing in return, you deserve all the blessings coming your way! I will be tuning into your radio show!

Thank you Hypnos for being so knowledgeable.

Thank you very much to everyone on this forum, I wish you guys nothing but success.

Please feel free to ask me anything, I will do my best to help and answer your questions.

Edited by blest.but.strest

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.